Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

flannel fat quarter swap-transfer from general

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
BarbieJean

Re: flannel fat quarter swap-transfer from general

Post by BarbieJean » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:42 pm

Someone posted a while back that they had a great pattern for a rag quilt. Where can I find the pattern? Magazine?, book?, etc. I have not made a rag quilt and whoever posted it, said flannel was great for a rag quilt.

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:02 pm

OK everyone I recieved astitchintimes flannel fabric today and they all went back out in the mail today! Enjoy please post when you recieve yours!!!!!!!!!!!

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:03 pm

THE FLANNEL FAT QUARTERS ARE ON THEIR WAY BACK TO YOU!! THEY LEFT WARRENTON THIS AFTERNOON!!!!!!!

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:11 pm

Oh how exciting. I will be looking for them in the mail and let you know when they arrive.

Georgiapeach, was it you that said you had some rag quilt patterns? I am really interested in making a rag quilt with this flannel. I want to do one for DH for Christmas I think he will really like that to add to "his" collection of quilts.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:04 pm

SewSew, yes, I have some really good rag quilt patterns. Susie just made one not long ago and she said she enjoyed it and it turned out really nice. I have a website with instructions for making one and will send it to you. And if you have any questions I'll be happy to help all I can. Those are great to cuddle under and go together quickly, too.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:29 am

What treasures I just received in the mail!!! DH saw me looking at a flying geese pattern, and said he likes that.... so these FQ/FH flannels will be made into a winter quilt for us!!! Yippee!!!!

tany1013

Post by tany1013 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:52 am

WOOHOO!!!! - My mailman just dropped off this package filled with the most wonderful treasures!! They are all so pretty - I can't wait to see them all out on my cutting table together. Thank you everyone!

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:46 pm

The mailman just came and I just saw some of the most darling flannels in the world!!!! I can't wait to start my rag quilt...GP I could use some advise on just how to do that!!! I can't wait to cuddle up with it.
Nadine ~ Thanks for hosting this swap. You did a fantastic job and we all love you!!!!
Happy stitching!!
Debi

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:41 pm

Mine arrived today, too! Talk about Christmas in July! Thank you everyone, all those wonderful flannels are so cuddly and pretty! And Nadine, thank you so much for doing this, you made it so much fun and did a wonderful job! Again, thanks everyone!!!

I have a website ya'll can go to that'll give you a general idea about how a rag quilt goes together. This place uses pre-fringed blocks, so disregard that, you'll be snipping your own fringe and that's the last step in it before washing it, but the basic instructions and pictures will give you a good idea of how to make one. www.nancysquiltshop.com It's in the online shop.

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:55 pm

I received my cuddly flannels in the mail today also. Thanks Nadine for hosting this swap you did a great job. Now its on to make that rag quilt.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”