Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Egg Money BOM

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Littlebit

Re: Egg Money BOM

Post by Littlebit » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:54 am

Just 1 at a time, that way I won't lose the pieces and if I change my mind about a color, no problem. I love to do bom's

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:59 pm

Great block littlebit. What kind of batting did you use to stuff it with?

I was just sitting here (as the electricity went off for about an hour) looking at the colors I have chosen. Since I'm not using the same amount of colors that are in the book, thought I better map out what fabrics I want to use in what block.

Thank goodness the electricity came back on. It was just starting to get warm in here when it came back on. I'm surprised it hasn't gone off before this with all the high useage.

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:30 am

Another beautiful block. Your colors are so bright and cheerful.

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:50 am

Thank you for the kind words. Grammy I just used cotton batting, I love the way it puffs up, just a bit to give a little dimension

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:51 pm

Love the colors.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:39 am

Oh my goodness....here it is August and I haven't even made the first block. Better get my self in gear. Never could find the background color I wanted, so will go with the white. Maybe I will give it to someone without dogs or kids. LOL

Need to get my Christmas stockings done. Should just take a day and get caught up on the BOM. Maybe this weekend...no plans, so maybe that would work out.

Evie

Post by Evie » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:54 am

grammy65 - that pounding on your door is the quilt police! Better run and hide! LOL

Don't worry, several people are behind because it's summer and they have a lot going on. I imagine everyone will get caught up this fall.

Have fun shopping. Try Hobby Lobby for some Kona for the background. They have several shades of solid color to choose from and it's a reasonable price - $3.99 a yard and it's closer weave than muslin. Eleanor recommends it on her DVD for this quilt. But, it's your quilt so whatever you decide will be pretty. Some people are not using a solid but a fabric that reads solid from a distance. Like my batik blocks.

Please don't let this BOM stress you out. We're just gonna have fun!

quilterbee

Post by quilterbee » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:32 pm

Hey Grammy, I'm with you! I'm not signed up but I'm going join in anyhow. How about getting started together tomorrow? I could use a group project right now-too much going on in my life these days. Time for me to shut up and quilt!! Amie :o)

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:35 am

Hey quilterbee....would love to start today, but need to get all my Christmas stockings done first. Trying to get enough done for my girlfriend's son's platoon (40 guys/gals). My friend is coming over today and we are having a "sew-in." I have 14 made and I think she has about the same. While she is putting on the cuffs, I will be cutting out some more. We will then send them to Georgiapeach. They are so much fun to make.

But I promise to start next week on my BOM. Keep me posted as to how you are doing.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”