Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Autograph block Exchange Copied and Pasted Here

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Georgiapeach

Re: Autograph block Exchange Copied and Pasted Here

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:12 pm

Busyhands, I know how you feel...when my granddaughter and I were sorting the blocks and they were all in little stacks on the table, I teared up more than once myself! Each and every block reminds me of that special friend and I think of jokes and teasing and things we've shared on this forum together...oh goodness, I got so attached to these little beauties while they were in my care! Waving good-bye to them in the mail truck was HARD, and exciting, too. I'm a sentimental mushy ole peach, but gonna say it anyway...in each block is a part of one of us and all sewn together it will make a quilt that represents all of our friendships here. How special that is!! Oh dang, now I'm shedding a tear again, and you know, tears don't mix well with peach fuzz! LOL! I love ya'll so much and it was my pleasure hosting this swap, thank you all so very much for participating....I will cherish my precious QIAD quilt sooooo much.

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:56 pm

GP that's exactly how I feel and I haven't even gotton the package yet. You're going to make me cry just thinking about it.

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:58 pm

I got my blocks today!!!! They are all so beautiful and the special blocks are a real surprise. Thanks Linda Hosteley for the beautiful block you made everyone and GP, the little gift was so very nice of you. We should be sending you gifts because of all the hard work you have done putting all of this together. Long Live The Queen!!

Ann

ewequilt2

Post by ewequilt2 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:40 pm

What a wonderful surprise with the special goodies!! You are a true Peach.

Monna

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:43 pm

I got my blocks today, too!! They are wonderful! I can hardly wait to put them together. Thank you SO MUCH - everyone, and especially GP, for doing all the sorting and sending and the special gift, and for getting Eleanor's and QIAD-Linda's signatures on blocks, too. Thank you Linda Hostelley for that beautiful block to go right in the middle of the quilt! I LOVE THEM ALL!!! I'm glad we have signature rectangles for a few and I'm very happy to do the blocks around them, so we have all included. This will be a VERY special quilt. Most of mine I give away, so it will be nice to have one to keep.

Thanks again, everyone!

Ann

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:29 pm

I just argued with dh on who had to go out to the mail box! LOL, it was Me and I was so surprised to get my blocks today! I thought it would be Sat at the earliest or next week. When I walked in with a package dh thought it was something he had ordered.......I just smiled and said nope, they're mine!!!!!

I am so amazed I don't think we have a duplicate fabric in the bunch! and what a special treat to have the QIAD participate!! Oh, and the special embroidery block...........I better shut up so I don't spill the beans for all those who haven't received theirs just yet!!! oh, I'll just say too, the special gift from GP will absolutely be used!!!
Thanks GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragonfly917

Post by dragonfly917 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:48 pm

GP, you deserve extra diamonds in your tiara today! I just got home (at 9:30 pm) and realized nobody had brought in today's mail. I was so elated to see my package. I dashed in the house and DH even paused sci-fi (an almost unheard of event at our house!) to ooh and ahh over the goodies!

I was so humbled to see the amount of work you put into this. After looking at all the blocks and reading your note, I was tearing up too! Then to see that you included a "thank you gift" was way too much. It is us who should be showering you with thank you gifts!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you did for all of us. And thank you too all my forum quilting sisters for the beautiful blocks. I look forward to putting together my quilt and cherishing it for years to come. I can't wait to see the photos of what everyone does with their blocks. I'm sure no two will be alike.

Long live Queen Georgiapeach!

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:29 pm

What a treat I had at the mailbox today too! Oh My Goodness.. I can't tell you all what a thrill it was to see everybody's blocks from all over the country and what a special quilt it will make. I took them into work with me as I grabbed my mail on the way. I just had to show off the wonderful work of all my friends.

It's hard to think of the right words to say thank you to all of you that particpated and special thanks to GP and Linda for getting the signatures of the staff and for the embroidered block--that's going right in the middle of mine!

To all of you, thank you so much for particpating in this swap. I will treasure always the love and support I have found here

Marymargaret

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:42 am

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful contributions . And Thanks bunches to GP for all her hard work and efforts. I know it has been a long summer for her. The embroidered block is absolutely the best idea for a center block. I can't wait to get mine all together.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

SHARONMAMAW

Post by SHARONMAMAW » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:00 am

I got mine last night, they are all beautiful!!!!! All of the suprizes were very nice! Blocks from QIAD is priceless. And I love the embordery block too, it will make a great center piece, that is a great idea!. I can't wait to wrap myself up with my friends!
Sharon
:^)

Thank your GP!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”