Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Autograph block Exchange Copied and Pasted Here

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Leetec

Re: Autograph block Exchange Copied and Pasted Here

Post by Leetec » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:38 am

My blocks came today! I am so excited! I haven't had time to look at them all yet, had to take DS#2 to oral surgeon for consult for wisdom teeth but I'm happy just to have them! And the surprises were worth waiting for, they're just wonderful!

GP you really out did yourself on this one! Thank you soooo much for all your hard work! :)
And thank you to Linda and Linda fro all their help, too! This will be an extra special quilt!

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:23 pm

What is the best way to heat set? Do we use a bit of steam, a pressing cloth or just use a hot iron, being careful not to scorch?

azgal70

Post by azgal70 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:29 pm

My blocks came on Friday and I thought to myself that I don't know anyone in Lawrenceville, GA!!! Then, it dawned on me and I hurried into the house to open the envelope and there were all of your lovely autograph blocks! I was so excited to see one from Eleanor and the beautiful QIAD block. And the little coin purse - too cute.

Georgiapeach you really did an amazing job with this swap. Thank you so much for the coin purse.

I can't wait to put the blocks together even though I have no idea just how I'm going to sew them.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:41 pm

Oh Lee, thank goodness! I just messaged you asking if your pkg. had arrived yet! Whew! I use a pressing cloth to heat set, and I heat set both the front and back.

I hope everyone has received their pkgs.??? Linda Hostelley, thank you for the wonderful embroidered blocks you made for us! I can't wait to see how everyone puts their quilts together!

debbie510

Post by debbie510 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:20 am

Thanks to everyone for the beautiful blocks. The center embroidered block is wonderful and it was a great surprise to see a block from Eleanor and her staff. It was so much fun looking at everyone's blocks.

GP - Thanks so much for hosting this swap and for the little coin purse. It is so cute.

Debbie

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:50 am

I just wanted to add a reminder to everyone - please send Georgiapeach the postage!! GP - mine will go out today! Cindy

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:31 pm

I have been away but went to the PO to get my mail today. Ohhhh My Gosh! Everyone did such a wonderful job on the blocks!!!!! The embroidered block is just perfect. Thank you so much for making them for us Linda. And to also have El's & Linda's blocks along with the QIAD staff's signatures, well gee this is certainly going to be a very special quilt. Pam you out did your self on the swap girlfriend. And Thank You so very much for the precious coin purse. Aren't they just adorable!!!!!!!!! Thank You so very much Everyone. I will sure cherish this quilt forever. Just haven't quite figured out how I want to put it together yet. For now, I am content to just admire all of the blocks laid out on the dining table.

Thanks Again ALL & Huge Hugs,
Cathy

Cathy

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:47 am

I have a block with "Nancy Workman" but it does not have their QIAD name. Who is it?????

Evie

Post by Evie » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:40 am

I think that's qltsbme.

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:33 am

I just received my package of blocks. they are so pretty. Since I was not able to get mine sent in earlier, GP sent me a list of everyone in the exchange with addresses so I will mail my blocks out next week to everyone.

thanks so much.

Brenda

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”