Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

A new Swap for 2024

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

A new Swap for 2024

Post by maryq » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:31 am

Hey Everybody

Maryz and I were chatting the other day and were thinking maybe it's time for another swap. Since I'm not going any where for a while, and haven't done a swap in quite a while, I thought I'd volunteer to host it. But I wanted to kind of try to gauge the interest.

Here's my thoughts so far:

Red, white and Blue (with just a little bit of gold/yellow for a star perhaps) No other colors. The pattern would be any STAR!!! There's a million star patterns out and I'll do some research and find some options to post later.

Most likely we would start so that you'd have about 8 weeks to finish with the end being around the middle of April. I'll get all the details posted HERE, after I kind of get an idea about how much interest there might be. I know postage (and fabric) are getting expensive, but I was thinking this might be a good motivation to SEW!

It would be Ideal to have an "even" number such as 9 swappers to make a quilt without leftover blocks, or 12 or 16 or 20. You get the idea.

So let me know what you think.. Depending on interest I see in the next few days, I'll take it from there

Feel free to PM me as well!

Thanks!

WeeOne

Re: A new Swap for 2024

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:56 am

What block size are you looking to do?
Lyn

javin22

Post by javin22 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:18 am

I would probably join in. It depends on family things. I am having to deal with trying to get my Brother Lowell in an assisted living home. He is in really bad shape. Many of you have swapped with him in the past on here. Please pray for us. Thanks, Vinae

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:27 am

Mary, something bright and fun. If red/white/blue, we could do stars. 2 color quilts are nice too. Limited palette gets a more consistent overall look. I'll join whatever you decide.

Vinae, I'm dealing with similar issues. Sewing helps me cope.

Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:14 am

Mary, not sure I will be able to participate. It will depend on how many blocks I need to make and my time with Jerry's situation. But I will certainly check it out.

Lori and Vinae, keeping you and yours in my prayers.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:17 am

Mary, I'm waiting on some outcomes to some situations I've got going on, if all goes well I can join but I have to wait and see for sure first.
Tina

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:22 am

I am good for a swap. Lori and Chriss, I will keep your family in my prayers 🙏. KathyR

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:28 am

Mary, you know I’m in. I’ll start looking through patterns now. But all my Americana Fabric, is at home, so for now, all I can do is think, look, and plan.

Vinae, I don’t know if Lowell will remember me or not. He has inspired me several times to step outside of my comfort zone and try things I thought I would never be able to do. I will always be grateful to him for that. Please give him a special hug from me.

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:03 pm

MaryQ what a fun idea! I’m probably good to join in once I know the dates!

I was able to see Vinae today! It was fun to catch up on life together . We were able to finish a complicated appliqué swap, which has taken us a few years to finish! Yeah! First swap done for 2024.

I’m so sorry many are struggling with health issues. My prayers go out to Vinae, Chriss & Lori! Hugs! I agree Lori that sewing helps calm the soul.

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:25 am

1-21-24

Hi girls

Thanks for your interest ! Sounds like there's a lot of "things on plates"! It's hard to think of adding one more thing... but if this swap can be a bit of a diversion for the other trials and tribulations .. I hope we can get one going!

Vinae.. Oh I so remember your brother and am sorry to hear he is not doing well. He always did such beautiful quilts.

Lori.. The idea is that this swap would be ONLY star patterns... I did google around on Pinterest and there are a TON of them. If we go forward with the swap, I'll post some links.

Chriss... Again, thoughts and prayers for Jerry. I know this may not be a good time for you and I totally understand.

Tina.. OH my gosh, You have "situations" too! I don't mean to chuckle, but I do so understand... I'm kind of in the middle of one here too... it ain't fun!

I'll wait a bit to judge to the interest, and will make a decision by February 1st if there's enough to go forward!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”