Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

December lotto

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

December lotto

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:20 am

Maryz - 5
Maryq - 6
Chriss - 6
Valerie - 4
Kathy - 2

Welcome to December lotto. As we enter this holiday season I have to say It's been a great year, we've made some wonderful quilts and hopefully we have learned a lot. May the God of hope fill you all with joy and peace. As this is a busy month for all we will keep things simple this month. We will make a disappearing nine patch. Please follow Jenny's instructions from MSQC. The link will take you to her youtube video. When resewing the block together, please use her second example. No seams to match that way! I think starting with a charm pack is the easiest as you do not have to precut anything. If you want to cut from yardage, you can. This will also be scrappy so choice of fabrics. (Is anyone out of scraps yet?) Do not square up! Make as few or as many as you want.

We will be working on 1/4 inch seams, matching edges and color coordination. I do not have any made yet (what a month!) but will be working on them soon and will post ASAP. As always, please ask if you have any questions. I am also looking for idea for next year if you have any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEjZOXxPazg

Happy sewing!
Last edited by WeSignificant on Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Re: December lotto

Post by maryq » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:09 am

Valerie!

Perfect December Lotto Block!!! I have a ton of miscellaneous charms around here ! Maybe instead of doing floors, toilets and dusting (ugh) I'll play in the sewing room today!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:28 am

Mary I think that's a marvelous idea!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:18 am

Fun block Valerie, Great charm user upper.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:34 am

I will have to remember that, "charm user upper". Great statement!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:30 pm

Val, I hope you truly mean "scrappy" because I have very limited choices with me in the trailer. I cut out a bunch of 5" squares from my "trailer stash" (that sounds funny! Kind of like Trailer Trash, which some might argue - well, never mind. :lol: ). Anyway, lots of fabrics and very little of it blends with the rest, so I am giving fair warning - I'll make and send blocks, but they may look a little, um, colorful?

mz

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:44 am

Colorful is usually what scrappy yarns out to be! Anxious to see them.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:41 pm

Valerie, your wish is my command. I am giving you scrappy. It took me an hour to cut charms from my limited trailer stash and another two hours to sew up five blocks. I hope I did them right! I mailed them to you this afternoon

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:08 pm

love those happy colors Mary.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:31 pm

My first thought was "Jacobs Coat of Many Colors". Perfect Mary. That is absolutely colorful!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”