Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

December lotto

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: December lotto

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:52 am

Valerie, if there are only two who have sent in all year long it might be easier to flip a coin, heads is person one tails is person two. Not sure if I am one or two but I am one of them for sure, I love drawings and raffles and such.

I've decided, because of this months lotto, that I am taking the 5 inch charms I have stacking up and am going to make a quilt using the tossed 9 patch. It's a great block and one I had completely forgotten about.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:56 am

That is a good idea Chriss. I may do just that.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:43 am

Well, Chriss I think I am one that sent in every month also. It's so exciting. KathyR

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:33 am

Kathy, I think I am the other one who sent each month. I wish you the best of luck in the great coin toss of 2023. I'm preparing confetti just incase, I think you should do the same. 😉

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:09 pm

Chriss, I check the previous lotto site and according to Val's tally it's looking good for us.
The confetti 🎊 is ready. Good luck to you. KathyR

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:40 am

I still have family here but they will fly home on Saturday. I do plan to spend Sunday finishing up my Dec blocks and updating all the tickets, etc. I do think Chriss and Kathy are the only two with blocks monthly but I will double check.

Also thinking about next year. This year was mostly scrappy and technique practicing. So thinking some of you should be getting to the bottom of the scrap bin. Well, not Chriss but the rest of you maybe.

I have had a suggestion that January's block would be picked by November winner, February by December, March by January and so on. So a two month lag. I would still post the block though after discussion with whomever is choosing.

I have also considered doing all star blocks which I would do backwards so the easier ones would be in December/November. Good way to work on points. I would choose fabric appropriate for the season we are in. Or we can just continue in a random fashion.

Any other thoughts?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:45 am

Valerie, I'm not completely sure I will ever be at the bottom of my scrap pile. I like both of your ideas. I was the November winner so if you go with your plan A I already have a block in mind. If you go with your plan B I will be star struck. Hope your Sunday also includes a relaxing bubble bath and some calming music.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:13 am

Valerie, you are always so inventive! I also like both your ideas. An All Star year would be awesome, but then so would a year of lotto winners choosing blocks. Kind of a wishy washy answer, I suppose, but at least you know I'm in no matter what you choose!

mz

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:39 am

four more sleeps, there's still time to get those blocks in and clean off that cutting table for January. fun fun fun

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:28 am

We're getting closer . . . . Only 3 more sleeps! 🤞 Though I think I'm even more curious about what January lotto holds for us!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”