Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

OPENING DAY DECEMBER 8TH! All opened. Closed.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: OPENING DAY DECEMBER 8TH!

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:22 am

What does a girl do when her dog wakes her up and while she is in the bathroom steals her spot on the bed? She opens her SS gift

Tina was my secret Santa. I’ll admit I was quite fooled.

In addition to my amazing teasers (wallet pouch, clips for binding and mug rug) Santa made me a second mug rug, 4 place mats and a beautiful angel ornament.

I also received a book for keeping my quilt notes, a purse sized note pad, I never have something to write on when I need it, a sunbonnet sue charm, a 2x8 ruler great for marking the sew lines across fabric.

A midnight rose quilt pattern that can now be removed from my Etsy cart because I no longer need to buy it and the pattern to make a charm hoodie, which I am excited to try, plus a package of 5-inch charms.

I’m overwhelmed, thank you Tina so very much.

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:27 am

CHRISS - lucky you! What a great Santa you had! So many wonderful gifts!

I won't be on Zoom today but I will be back here shortly. Hopefully my post image will be working today. It wasn't working for me earlier this week and Mary Q had to help me out posting a photo.

mz

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:28 am

Here's Maryz's Gift

She'll be here in a minute to tell you all about it!

I just woke up and haven't opened mine, but I'll be back as soon as I have some coffee!

Thanks, Mary! I really need to figure out why post image isn't working on my phone anymore. But I had some phone problems last week and I think that's where my problem started. Anyhoo . . . .

My Santa was Beverly (Muse & Sew) and she was a very generous Santa! Where to start?? First, I rec'd a neat Christmas stocking all done in bright red sequins! So me! She made me four - count them! - FOUR fun ornaments which I now have on our little tree. Another thoughtful gift was the purrfect size mug rug to put next to my sewing machine here in the trailer and I was sure wanting one yesterday! It's in place now and ready to go! Beverly also gave me a teeny, tiny airline-safe scissors, a pattern for Indigo Quilt by Marinda Stewart, a FQ of green fabric with old world Santas (love them!), a pair of aloe-infused snuggly sox, a pack of 6 fun size Snickers (really, if you're going to spend the calories, you should go for the best and Snickers is IT!), an issue of AP&Q that I've never seen, two sizes of Wonder Clips, and a thick pile of 5" squares for my one-of-these days I-Spy quilt. It must have taken Bev forever to fussy cut all these squares!

So, thank you, Bev, for all the wonderful things. You were so thoughtful and so generous! And by the way, yes, I did receive the little Feathered Winter Friends pattern. It went to my house and then came to me here. I posted a picture of it after I rec'd it. Hope you saw that! Thank you for everything!

hugs and Merry Christmas!
mary z
>^+^<

javin22

Post by javin22 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:05 am

My Santa was Katy and she spoiled me with all these fun things. I got a cute snowman towel, 3 fat quarters, heat and bond, 2 quilt patterns, a mini quilt, two tree ornaments an cute pin cushion jar a large quilt pattern book and a gift card to Joann's. Thank you so much Katy, I will have sew much fun with all these. Woohoo! Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy Birthday Tina.[![IMG-20231208-073543759.jpg](https://i.postimg.cc/QM062y31/IMG-20231 ... 543759.jpg)](https://postimg.cc/VS0BM45k)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:31 am

My secret Santa was Valerie and she is an amazing Santa,,,With all she has to do taking care of her life she had time to put together and amazing array of gifts for me...Tina will post photos for me soon...but i got a zppered pouch with a cute purse inside..Some lovely blue fabric ( Blue is my favorite) , 2 christmas pot holders I always need them. 6 yes 6 ornaments for my tree,,I will hang them on it today,...A 3 block panel of a sewing machine to make a great sewing room wall hanging,,a new seam ripper ( mine are sooo dull) , a pretty blue frixion pen,,,(i love them),,and a bag of mini M&Ms a favorite snack in the sewing room...Thank you Valerie for the wonderful gifts and thought put into them....xxxxoooo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:38 am

Hello Elfs

My Santa was Mary Rose aka Rosebud.
Mary Rose made me a bunch of ornaments some cute little trees that will be put on ribbon
And strung from the top of my doors in the dinning room also their are some diamond shaped ornaments that are stripped piece they must have taken some time also have a bunch of fat quaters some micron pens also mechanical pencils also some wooden ornaments a very unique .
Oh and candy canes.

Thank you Mary Rose I will put everything to good use.

Lois

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:10 am

HI All

Finally opened my Wonderful Secret Santa Gift from SHARONA!! Dear Sharon certainly spoiled me rotten.. It's amazing what you can stuff in a flat rate envelope!!! Thank you so very much for all the wonderful treats!!

As you can tell by the picture, that envelope was STUFFED to almost overflowing with so many wonderful gifts. I so love everything you sent Sharon, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the gifts. I'm am one spoiled Elf! The Angel ornaments are so stickin' cute aren't they!! I might have to learn how to make those as I bet they would be a hit at the 2024 Craft Fair!

Thank you again Tina too for all you do to make Secret Santa such a fun annual event!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:14 am

I have to say I love Secret Santa! And I thank Mary Q for her 15 years of hosting this and then Tina for taking it on the past few years. As I look around my trailer, I'm seeing SS gifts from years past all over our little traveling home! A tree skirt I made from a pattern from Mary Rose, placemats from Velda, Sewing machine mat and accessories from Valerie, pot holders and a project carrying case from Lyn, a paper-pieced quilt on the bed made from a pattern from Cindy, towels from Judi and now all the new treats I rec'd today from Beverly. I take all y'all with me everywhere we go! Thank you all!

mary z

womster

Post by womster » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:39 am

OH MY GOSH - Chriss was my Secret Santa - and boy did she ever bless me with all the gifts! I got two beautiful frames, scissors (which I desperately need), Machingers (they help grip fabric when machine quilting). May I add - I let an acquaintance borrow mine when she had tons of machine quilting to do. She had really long nails and poked holes in every single end of the glove. Plus they came back filthy! So I am so appreciative of the new gloves. A little wooden sign that says "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, sewing machine needles (always needed), a bobbin boat (I told my DH it was bobbin canoe!), beeswax, a huge spool of thread, some beautiful fat quarters in Christmas prints, pins, a beautiful ornament with a dog in the middle, a dog note pad (he looks just like Moose), a seam ripper, two bowl cozies (wooohoo!!!), and a sweet water bottle holder. And everything was wrapped so nicely! Plus - from the teasers - the lovely Kleenex holder and the book that Miss Chriss prevaricated about on FB. hehehe - what a character you are!

Thank you, Chriss, so much I very much appreciate all the effort that went into my SS gifts.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:25 am

Here's Judi's pics of what her SS; Valerie sent her.
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Tina 🎅 🤶

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”