Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

November lotto

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

Re: November lotto

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:22 am

I have my 3rd one ready to sew down after lunch and I have my 4th one picked out, I'm hoping tomorrow will be sewing down#4. I take forever because I can't sit for long periods of time, even getting up and down only works for so long.... my sewing time has really been cut into. After awhile I have to sit with my feet up.

I think all these lovely blocks will make someone a beautiful Fall quilt! 😍 🤞🤞🤞🤞I'm hoping

Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:19 am

TINA, would it help if you sewed standing up with your machine at countertop height for a change of position? When I was having sciatica issues some years back, that's what my doctor recommended. Ideally would be to have two machines, one sitting and one standing and alternate. But that's not realistic. Who can afford that kind of counterspace?!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:27 am

Maryz, no, sadly standing doesn't help..... well it helps my sciatica but not my legs and swelling..... I'm like caught between a rock and a hard place. But I just keep doing the best I can..... it just takes me longer.
Well I didn't sew the 3rd one down.....I went ahead and got the 4th one ready to sew down. Today will be sew a little, move around, sew a little, move around, repeat till finished. I'll post a pic when I have these 2 finished.
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:01 pm

Sorry to let you all down but the blocks are in my sewing room!

Maryq and Chriss I got packages from you both yesterday. I will open tomorrow and add them to my design wall.

My laptop won't charge so on my phone till I can get it fixed.

Last week and this week I am working both nights (my usual job) and days (perdium job) while I orient. Tomorrow last day for that. Needless to say I am exhausted 😩. Trying to check in as I can. Still have one more block myself to make.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:17 am

Valerie, hope you can exhale soon. Glad my blocks made it. Hope you get the charging stuff figured out. Wouldn't it be funny (not) if the issue were that it was plugged into an outlet that required the light switch to be on. Not that I know anything about that.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:17 pm

Val, I hope life slows down for you soon! I dont' know how you do everything you do - 2 jobs, Dad, CEU's, home, sewing, and and your awesome lotto program. You are amazing! Thank you for all you do! And Chriss has a point - we have some outlets in our house that are can be operated with different switches. I forget about that more times than I'd like to admit. And a few weeks ago I thought an appliance at home had died - but it worked fine in another outlet.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:28 pm

Tried another outlet, no such luck

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:41 am

Here's my 4, I'll get them in the mail as soon as I can.

Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:45 am

Great job Tina! Love those squirrels!

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:49 am

Everyone blocks look great, Tina sorry to hear about you, take it easy. Just got my two blocks in rhe mail, that is all I could squeeze out this month. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
KathyRe

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”