Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

November lotto

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

November lotto

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:53 am

Valerie - 3 (1 more planned)
Maryz - 4
Maryq - 4
Chriss - 4
Kathy's- 2
Lori - 3
Tina - 4

Good morning to all! 2 more months for this year! For those of you who are done with October and ready to move on, here are the November requirements. But a quick reminder about prizes. I will pick at the same time we draw December winner. One prize from all the years tickets, and one prize from the tickets of those who sent each month. We are down to just a couple who fit this category. I hope you know who you are. On to November:

Block requirements: any block that depicts Fall and/or Thanksgiving. They can be pieced, appliqued, or paper pieced. Some examples would be: fall leaves, pumpkins (not jack-o-lanterns) Turkey, Apples, Corn, Acorns, Sunflowers, Mums, Pilgrims hat (or the whole pilgrim!) Scarecrow (not a scary one!), umbrella, rain boots, rake, pumpkin pie, apple cider, bon fire, etc. I am sure there are others. Blocks must be 12 1/2 inches but do not square up. If you are not sure of a block, just text/pm me. We are NOT looking for Halloween.

Fabrics: whatever is appropriate for the block. I would not use anything to summery/springy though. I am looking for a Fall themed sampler block. Please use good quality 100% cotton fabric.

Here are 2 I have completed. I am also working on a scarecrow. He is all cut out.

I am best reached by texting but PM works too.

Happy piecing and an Early Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Last edited by WeSignificant on Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Re: November lotto

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:21 am

cute blocks Val. Perfect timing, I will have my October blocks in the mail and am so ready to get on the November plan. I love the lotto. I am so thankful you host this each month. Thank you.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:58 pm

I agree with you Chriss, I love the lotto and Valerie does a great job. KathyR

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:31 pm

Well thank you all!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:33 pm

I'm going to look and see what I have tomorrow, maybe I can squeeze in a couple 🤞 I'm going to try.

Valerie, thank you ❤️ you do an awesome job ❤️

Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:35 pm

It would be great to see you Tina! 😊

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:47 am

VAL - I need another fall quilt! I'm in! I have nothing else going on in my sewing room right now and my machine is feeling neglected and unloved!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:12 am

Thank you Maryz, I would love to have a fall quilt too! I am making a Mosaic fall quilt. I also have plenty going on in my sewing room if you need some projects.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:39 am

Ha! Thanks, Val, for your kind offer, but I've got plenty to sew. I'm just not sewing them all right now. Nine projects kitted up and packed into the trailer. My week is filled with appointments, dinners, packing, and cross-stitching. Now, if you would like to come up and clean a few bathrooms and mop a couple of floors, I'd love to have you!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:18 am

Oh what a plan! Mary. Would love to come up there sometime

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”