Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October lotto

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: October lotto

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:56 pm

Well, it's official, my best block isn't a log cabin. I've had lots of machine trouble but do have a sort of loggish cabin made. I've squared it up so many times that the logs aren't all the same and I am now at 10 inches square. ha ha, It will be a good 12.5 when I'm done with it.

After the logish cabin I will come up with another block and get all 4 in the mail. Hoping for Monday.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:36 pm

Could we call it a Duckworth block? I think that is all the rage now
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:11 am

Just checking in on everyone's progress, I know we are waiting on Chriss but wasn't sure who else may be sending blocks. KathyR? Lori? Lyn?

I hope to post November by Monday. With the holidays coming up I think if we can get an early start it would be helpful. I also know a few (well at least one) will have to pack fabric for a trip to Texas so she will need to know what to pack.

I have November and December chosen so we slide into the new year with grace and glory! Any thoughts on next year? This year we practiced skills. I have to say, I made the best flying geese yesterday I think I have ever made.

Reminder there are two prizes to be awarded at the end of the year, I will chose a ticket from my bag of tickets collected through out the year and chose a ticket from those who have sent each month. Good luck to all of you.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:24 am

This is called Seesaw block. It is very easy to make. I thought it might be going to be hard but is was a breeze.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:09 am

Valerie, I had to google but YES, lets call it a Duckworth block. I will make another round or two so that it's the correct size and work on something for my 4th block and get them in the mail. I really like your seesaw block, bet ti would be a beautiful 4 color quilt. Hoping to be ready for November before Monday.

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:28 pm

I am not sure I will get a block for this month.
KathyR

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:55 am

Kathy we will not be the same without you.

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:02 pm

Well I have gotten 2 squares done which will be in the mail tomorrow. I have been going through the posts and everyone blocks look great, didn't get my crazy block made, but going through my scraps, I found partly finish squares I didn't to do, hope that's ok. KathyR

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:50 am

Great Kathy, glad to see you could play with us. As long as they are now finished, they are good.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:22 am

Yay Kathy, my blocks will also be in today's mail.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”