Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

September Lotto!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

September Lotto!

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:47 am

Valerie - 4
Maryz - 4
Chriss - 4
KathyR - 6
Maryq - 7

Welcome to September lotto. Fall is my most favorite time of the year. Love the colors, smells, dark mornings and dark evenings. Can you guess I am not a sun worshiper? This month we will focus on fall fabrics. Here is a link to the block

https://fabric406.com/blogs/fabric406-b ... uilt-block

See that statement "super easy patience corners". Well this is super easy. A few things to keep in mind though. When we hear "super easy" we tend to not pay attention. Silly us. So here are a few hints:

1. This block will not work if you do not orient correctly when sewing the block together. The 4 1/2 inch strip must be on the right side of the block, and the 6 1/2 inch strip must be on the top of the block.
2. Fall fabrics of any kind can be used. Make them as scrappy or as organized as you want. Please keep the 4 1/2 inch square consistent through out the block but your strips can be scrappy.
3. Remember there are many colors that are fall, google "fall palette" and you will get many. Don't forget the cranberries, apples, etc.
4. Your machine will work better if you make sure you have enough bobbin thread!

Here are my four. Disregard the blue around the blocks. Didn't want to take DH quilt completely off the wall to take a picture.

What are we practicing this month? Orientation, seam matching, (there is only one seam to match in the middle of the block) swirling your seams on the back so block will lay flat.

As always, ask if you have questions. Hope to get lots of blocks this month.
Last edited by WeSignificant on Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Re: September Lotto!

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:22 pm

Great block Valerie, thanks for the tip about the bobbin thread.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:22 pm

Just might have to do a little stash diving for my fall
Fabrics! But I’m in!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:09 am

Welcome Mary and Chriss, can't wait to see what you come up with.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:33 pm

This block might be better than my Autumn Tints I'm working on. When I get to my stash in Colorado, I think I have enough fall colors, to join.
Lyn

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:08 am

Lyn that would be great. We would love to have you sewing with us.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:02 am

I'm going to get out my tote of fall fabrics and see what I can do with this block. The block looks familiar. Did we do something similar to this last year? It's a good one!

mary z

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:52 pm

Mary I don't remember doing this last year, but that doesn't mean we didn't. Excited to see what you come up with

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:50 am

VAL - maybe I did this block "on the side" - another project. It just looks so familiar to me. Anyway, I got 6 finished yesterday and will be shipping then off to you soon. I have to say - it's a really easy and quick block. But you are right - you have to be careful to orient the units the correct way. I hope I did it!

mary

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:44 am

Excellent Mary! Will be watching 👀

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”