Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa 2023! All received and posted. Closed

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

Secret Santa 2023! All received and posted. Closed

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:24 am

Hi all my Secret Santas! It's that wonderful time of year again to get to play Secret Santa for all our Elf's!

This year our theme will be Made by you Ornaments!

It's hard to set a $ limit but you really shouldn't spend over $20 if you're spending $. Most of us if not all of us have a pretty good size stash and can go looking through our stash and find things perfect for our elf. Plus most are like me and find little things throughout the year on super sales for pennies on the dollar and have an Elf drawer to see if they are perfect for our Elf this year..... We also have some that like to do teasers which are not manditory and can get costly with postage these days. Helpers are great for that or even to mail your package for you if an opportunity arises! But PLEASE DO NOT mail to an Elf that isn't yours unless their Santa has specifically asked for your help.

I posted the Hints page first so it's ready and waiting for you. It will be super important that you answer the questions in a timely manner, for sure by September 8th so when I draw names and send out to Santas they can start right away in their Santa Workshops! In the spirit of "Use, Reuse, Recycle" I'm all for sharing from our stashes. Please keep in mind when posting your hints to KISS; Keep it Small&Simple.

Signups will start now through Sept 4th, which gives 2 weeks to signup. When you sign up please pm me your Name and mailing address 📬 so I make sure I have everything updated to send to your Santas. Please add your email and phone number so I can make sure I have an updated alternate way to contact you if I need to.

I should be able to draw names by than the 8th of Sept and then I'll send you your Elf info by pm or text.

Mailing Deadline will be NOVEMBER 22nd.. Which gives you a full 9 & 1/2 weeks. Remember, K I S S ---- Keep it Small & Simple!

Opening Day will be the Week of December 8- 9- 10-11

I really hope to see lots of Santas!.. come and have fun with us this year!

Some of you have my cell number and my email address and can text or email me any questions you may have. If you would like my cell number or email, send me a PM and I'll get back to you. HINTS Page is posted so you can get ideas.

PLEASE remember this is a commitment and I don't want feelings hurt by not receiving. So as long as we ALL stay true to GIVING then ALL will also be receiving!

Important, please read:
I'm trying something a little more mailing/participant friendly, we're going to "Keep It Small&Simple" and use Flat Rate Priority padded envelopes this year instead of boxes since the postal service has gone a little cray cray on their shipping prices, So please make sure your gift will fit in the flat rate padded priority envelope. In our hearts I know we all want to shower our Elf with all sorts of wonderful things, but in reality... well Let's just say our hearts can be bigger than our check books. I hope this is ok with you all.

Any questions please PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP! Merry Christmas!!!!

Confirmed/updated address: 📬
Hints posted: 👍
Received SS package: 📥
Opened: 🐣

Santa's Names:
1. MaryQ 📬 👍📥🐣
2. Me 📬 👍📥🐣
3. Lyn 📬 👍📥🐣
4. Chriss 📬 👍📥🐣
5. Maryrose 📬 👍📥🐣
6. Katy {Mepeace) 📬 👍🐣
7. Judi 📬 👍📥🐣
8.Teresa. 📬 👍📥🐣
9. Beverly 📬 👍📥🐣
10. Valerie 📬 👍📥🐣
11. Maryz 📬 👍📥🐣
12. KathyRem (DSIL) 📬 👍📥🐣
13. Vinae 📬 👍📥🐣
14. Lois 📬 👍📥🐣
15. Deb. 📬👍📥🐣
16. Kathy Rog. 📬 👍📥🐣
17. Sharona 📬 👍📥🐣
Last edited by gershwin64 on Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 28 times in total.

maryq

Re: Secret Santa 2023!

Post by maryq » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:36 am

Tina

I LOVE IT!! What a great Idea!!

I especially love the K I S S....

So you know I"m IN!!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:43 am

Tina, thanks for the K I S S.
Ornaments should be fun.
Count me in.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:46 am

ME, ME, ME, I'm so in. Gosh I already have an ornament plan in mind. This will be so fun. Great theme idea Tina.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:49 am

What a great idea.
I'm in...
I have to get to a Dr.'s appointment, so I will get back later to check the hints page.

Mary/Rosebud

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:52 am

hi Tina Count me in. However I have never made ornaments.LOL I know I send one in ever ss box I send. But not made . :lol: So some inspiration would be appreciated.
Katy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:26 am

You know I am in.....Thank you Tina for this fun time....
Katy there are some folded star ornaments that are very easy to make....and some heart ornaments too that are made with scraps....

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:34 am

Those little mini stockings that Lois made, from the Art to Heart book would be great too. They could even hold surprises!

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:12 pm

Tina so happy you liked the ornament idea! Hehe I'm in. This will be a lot of fun!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:58 pm

OK, I have looked at Pintrest, there are some idea there. Doesn't Eleanor also have something in her Christmas at Bear Paw ranch book. I think that's the name.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”