Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Hints Page for 2023

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

Secret Santa Hints Page for 2023

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:43 am

Hi All you Secret Santas! Here is the official Secret Santa Hints page. Please fill this out by September 8, 2023 so your Santa will be able to start on their fun quest to Christmas Cheer!

Name:

My Favorite Colors are:

Favorite Fabrics are:

Not really my cup of tea:

A small item I may wish for:

I can always use:

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper:

If you have a specific size of something you want please list it along with the item, **just make sure it will fit into a Padded Flat Rate Priority Envelope**.

Oh and a NOTE:
Add which NATIONAL chain places do you as the Elf might shop at... Joann, Hobby Lobby etc.. Even Target or Walmart in your hints so if your Santa wants to send a gift card it's to some place near you.

Tina AKA Head Santa
Last edited by gershwin64 on Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Secret Santa Hints Page for 2023

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:30 am

Name:Chriss / Marilynsgrammy

My Favorite Colors are: I like all of the colors, yes, even orange.

Favorite Fabrics are:I love all cotton

Not really my cup of tea:I don't care for glittery or shiny fabric

A small item I may wish for:fabric scraps to make 2 1/2 inch or 5 inch charms for scrap quilts, I'm looking for variety.

I can always use: maybe that thing you stuck in a drawer and wondered why you bought it, thread snippers, that cool little thing you make like a coin purse or wallet or whatnot, potholders, I collect thimbles and angels. We don't put up a Christmas tree anymore, an ornament made by my Santa would hang in my sewing room. If you aren't into making an ornament that is fine too, I'm quite easy to please.

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper:Hard question, I have no needs. Maybe quilt patterns or magazines no longer needed, a list of applique hints, or a list of tricks you've learned that need to be passed along. A pattern I wouldn't mind having is called Charming Hoodie Sweatshirt Jacket by J Minnis or Market Street Midnight Rose by Riley Blake if you have them to recycle.

I love recycled and regifted things, please don't spend a ton of money, and no candy please,
updated 09/05/23
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:49 am

Name: Mary... Maryq which is kind of silly, but I'm stuck with it

My Favorite Colors are: Navy Blue, teal, but pretty much all... except for maybe orange! :-)

Favorite Fabrics are: Oh gosh... 30's, batiks, CW

Not really my cup of tea: retro modern or those fabrics from the 70's (gag)

A small item I may wish for: a teeny scissors with a very sharp tip! for trimming threads on embroidery work.

I can always use: nylon zippers... but don't go buy new.. just keep your eyes open at thrift stores. anything bigger than 8" works!! (I use them for pencil pouches )

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper: Bring me a man that will cook and clean and do odd jobs like install light fixtures and replace carpet etc. A bonus if he is a good kisser! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:04 am

Name: mepiece2 Katy

My Favorite Colors are: Anything but grey. Well maybe green and purple but any are fine just not Grey.

Favorite Fabrics are: Cotton but not lg prints. batiks and 30's are great .Halloween.

Not really my cup of tea: cival war or that era reproductions.

A small item I may wish for: A purple thang .

I can always use: Thread, steam a seam 2 lite, small doggie treats and of course needles size 12

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper: A new boyfriend. :lol: :lol: :lol: No really . Mug rugs. I need these desperatly. Or someone to help me declutter my sewing room.
If you feel the need to buy me a gift card I will take a Joann fabrics or a Missouri star one.
Last edited by mepeace2 on Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:24 am

Name:Judi AKA Grammiequilts

My Favorite Colors are:red blue and green

Favorite Fabrics are:small prints not modern

Not really my cup of tea:modern glitter or shiney

A small item I may wish for: a new seam ripper,,,

I can always use:a frixion pen

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper: Peace on Earth goodwill towards men.....and maybe some mini M&ms....
My favorite place to shop is locally and on line at Amazon
Last edited by grammiequilts on Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:08 pm

Name: Valerie Paynter

My Favorite Colors are: Fall colors

Favorite Fabrics are: Cotton, fall theme, Civil War, batiks

Not really my cup of tea: Orange (yes all fall colors except orange!), don't like 30's prints

A small item I may wish for: Uhm, I think I could use some tiny sharp scissors also. Mine are MIA.

I can always use: Piecing clips

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper: I really like quick simple patterns.
Last edited by WeSignificant on Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:40 pm

Name: Mary Z (but little known fact, I secretly always wanted to be called Ginger ;). Because little known fact #2, my name is really Virginia. )

Fave colors: turquoise, blue, green, purple. I love all colors, even orange, but these are my top 4.

Fave fabrics: all holidays, florals, batiks, 30's, CW, polka dot, plaids, seasonal, Christmas, Fairy Frost by Michael Miller, novelty

Not my favorite: huge prints, modern, geometric, anything that brings the 70's to mind.

Small item I may wish for: little piecing/binding clips. (the smaller size. I think Clover makes some and they call them wonder clips) or old quilt magazines (I already get McCall's, AP&Q, and Block).

I can always use: Well, if you insist, I can always use a Snickers bar. :D But a little one, please! Or most any old pattern you're done with.

If I were on Santa's lap, I'd whisper in his ear that I'd like 5" squares of all kinds of things so I could make an I Spy quilt for Miss Amara Kumquat.

National chain near me? Joann's.

javin22

Post by javin22 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:25 am

Name: Vinae (javin22)

My Favorite Colors are: greens, reds, browns, tans, creams, blues.

Favorite Fabrics are: Any lodge/cabin style, deer, elk, bears, moose, tone on tone, or any off white, cream, beige background fabrics.

Not really my cup of tea: floral, Asian, geometric, pastel,

A small item I may wish for: pot holders or mug rugs.

I can always use: heat and bond for applique

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper: a surprise!
I like Joann's, Amazon, or Costco, if you want to do a gift card.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:20 am

Name. Lois (fabricgirl )

My favorite colors green ,purple ,blue

My favorite fabrics tone on tone

Not really my cup of tea neons ,big prints .

Small item I may wish for frixion pens

I can always use # 2 pencils and a new sharpner.

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap what would you ask him to bring you from his little elf helper a new sewing machine for my frame :lol: .

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:00 pm

Name: Beverly (Muse&Sew)

My Favorite Colors are: Blues, Greens, Cremes, Fall colors.

Favorite Fabrics are: Tone on Tones

Not really my cup of tea: Brights, 30’s.

A small item I may wish for:
Sharp embroidery scissors and needles.

I can always use:
5 inch squares or Tailor's Click Pencil for Dark Fabrics or light fabrics or mini peanut m&m’s.

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper: I’d love one of Santa’s gnomes.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”