Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Hints Page for 2023

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
rosebud3

Name: My Favorite Colors are: Favorite Fabrics are: Not really my cup of tea: A small item I may wish for: I can al

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:11 am

Name: Mary Daniel -Noffz

My Favorite Colors are: I like all colors, especially blues, purples, oranges/rusts, greens, mauves.

Favorite Fabrics are: batiks, vintage, floral, geometric, TOT.

Not really my cup of tea: metallic, glitter

A small item I may wish for: hand quilting thread

I can always use: fusible interfacing/stabilizer, embroidery floss, seam rippers, needles (both machine and hand quilting betweens, size 9 or 10). Quilting thread (both hand and machine).

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper: A variety of colors in hand quilting thread. Layer cake, charm pack, jelly roll, or fat quarters made by Santa from stash.

National chain stores I shop at locally are JoAnn, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Target 🎯.
Last edited by rosebud3 on Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WeeOne

Re: Secret Santa Hints Page for 2023

Post by WeeOne » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:18 pm

Name: Lyn/WeeOne

My Favorite Colors are: Blue, Purple, Green and all the rest.

Favorite Fabrics are: Batiks, small flowers, solids, 30's

Not really my cup of tea: retro (70's), BIG flowers, Halloween

A small item I may wish for: John James, Gold'nGlide Big Eye Quilting Needles, size 11(the eye is elongated, so larger and easier to thread)

I can always use: A hand me down magazine or pattern

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper: M & M's, plain or carmel

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:14 pm

Name: Kathy Remondini

My Favorite Colors are: I like most all colors, if you saw my stash, you would know I like all colors.

Favorite Fabrics: Of course, are cottons, with small prints.

Not really my cup of tea: Christmas is my favorite holiday and really not crazy about big prints or big flowers.

A small item I might wish for: This is a hard one, my husband says I have everything, maybe a small ruler.

I can always use: pins, fusible stabilizer for applique, seam ripper.

Imagine sitting on Santa lap..... fat quarters from your stash or scraps to use for appliques.

National chain store: Not really one close, I have a fantastic quilt store in town, I will be lose if it ever closes.

womster

Post by womster » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:50 am

Name: Sharon Matthies (womster)

My Favorite Colors are: purples, blues, reds - any color really. Even orange - I can use it in Halloween quilts.

Favorite Fabrics are: batiks - anything cotton. Also metallic and glitter. Love the bling!

Not really my cup of tea: bold, geometric prints. Or tie-dye anything.

A small item I may wish for: those microwave bowl thingies.

I can always use: heat and bond for applique

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper: I really can't think of anything. I can't have candy :cry: so I'm just not sure!

National store chain: since we're rural, most of my shopping is done online - Amazon or Joanns mostly.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:04 pm

Name: Tina

My Favorite Colors are: Purples, greens, pinks

Favorite Fabrics are: 30's, Fall fabrics, Spring

Not really my cup of tea: crazy busy loud fabrics

A small item I may wish for: fusable, binding, I love FQ's!

I can always use: seam ripper, needles

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper: I would ask that all my Santa's and Elf's have a great SS experience.

I shop: Joanns, Amazon, Connecting threads, QIAD, MSQC, FQ Shop
Last edited by gershwin64 on Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:57 pm

Hi ELF - I sure hope this help you have a great time filling my envelope. I think I made it easy. I found out that Annie's Clearance have $3.99 CHARM Packs. So far that is the only place I have been shopping. Every place else the prices are way to high. Anything that you send from Annie's I will have Rob open it first from now until opening day. Of course feel free to send any blue, blue gray from your stash as well. That is the color this year.

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper:
Thread Picker, Seam Rippers (not to small please) 50wt thread (gray)
Sunflowers Quilt Pattern from Annie's. Feel free to get Rob involved. He LOVES IT.
Rob.471@outlook.com or Rob.1947@outlook.com
(you could send him a message asking him how to download to my kindle or not. It is 22pgs (Oh my)
https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.ht ... _id=165198

For my Christmas Ornament could you please send me 6.5"sq pieced or applique Christmas Blue and White SIMPLE SIMPLE blocks. I am overwhelmed with tons of traditional and quilting ornaments. I thought this could be cool 😎 to have your block(s) in a Christmas quilt.

A small little item that I may wish for: Charm Packs from your stash or Annie's $3.99. See above note
I can always use: I-Spy Charm Squares Pack(s) for a girls quilts

My favorite colors: BLUES, Blue Grays. See Sunflower Pattern from Annie's link above.

My favorite fabrics: I am in need of BLUE, BLUE GRAY ToT fabrics

Not my really my cup of tea: Any fabric that is NOT Quilting Cotton, modern, geometric, paisley and definitely NOT SOLIDS.

I have many magazines in quilting, crocheting and knitting. I LOVE to share. I want to be ready to move to South Carolina in the middle of Sometime. Closer to family and medical services.
I LOVE CHRISTMAS SS and always ready to fill my Elfs PACKAGE!!!!
Last edited by TeresaK on Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:29 am

Here are my hopes & dreams.........

Kathy.....Kathysquilts

My favorite colors.....red/yellow blue/yellow aqua most colors

My favorite fabrics......30's/40's Civil war plaid

Not my cup of tea......black, grays, batik

Small item I wish for.....aqua thread

I can always use.....a quilt magazine

If sitting on Santa's lap I would ask from my Elf......gazillions of money so I can make everyone happy. Also M&M Caramel

What chain store near me? Just Walmart. I also love Missouri Star & Connecting Threads

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:38 am

Name: Deb Kisly - dsf618

My Favorite Colors are: purples, pinks, grays

Favorite Fabrics are: any

Not really my cup of tea: blacks and browns

A small item I may wish for: anything is good by me!

I can always use: 2.5 inch strips or jelly rolls.

Imagine sitting on Santa's lap......what would you ask him to bring you from his little Elf helper: I guess my grandchildren won't fit in an envelop! I am not picky. Anything from you would be great!

If you have a specific size of something you want please list it along with the item, **just make sure it will fit into a Padded Flat Rate Priority Envelope**.

Oh and a NOTE:
Add which NATIONAL chain places do you as the Elf might shop at... Joann, Hobby Lobby etc.. Even Target or Walmart in your hints so if your Santa wants to send a gift card it's to some place near you. Walmart, Hobby Lobby

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:43 am

I forgot to say - Want to start Sunbonnet Sue quilts for my granddaughters! Anything that would help in this would be great - even a 12 inch block!

Deb

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”