Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

On Wander Lane (OWL)

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

On Wander Lane (OWL)

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 22, 2023 7:03 am

Hi everyone! I know a bunch of us are doing or planning on doing the On Wander Lane (OWL) BOMs and thought I'd open a thread so we can all share encouragement, tips and photos of our progress.
I haven't started mine yet but I'm hoping to get on them soon!
Let the sharing begin ❤

Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Re: On Wander Lane (OWL)

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon May 22, 2023 7:54 am

I was just on Connecting Threads website and they have some OWL patterns. They also have 25% off their entire site right now which I am sure includes these $13 patterns.

Enjoy your sew-athon
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon May 22, 2023 8:21 am

I started with March and am on September now....This is a fun quilt...I cannot post pictures but cant wait to see yours...I found reading the pattern doesnt tell all you need to know...Her graphics are great but she assumes you know how to use her patterns,,, and some of the pieces are only in the lay out sheet and you need to find them there,,,I didnt buy the button sets so improvising is what I will do...Either piece or embroider the pieces that are designed for specialty buttons...as far as regular buttons I will use my extensive button collection.(been collecting buttons since I was a child)..I do however need to teach myself to do a french knot
Last edited by grammiequilts on Mon May 22, 2023 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 22, 2023 1:52 pm

I think I can get started on my OWL 8n the middle of June. If the kids get the house, that's when it will be closed and the Batt Cave will be all mine again. Looking at the suggested fabric, but may just go with my stash here.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue May 23, 2023 1:22 am

I started tracing but I'm not starting yet I feel like I'm in a slump again so will wait for a while before I start.

Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 23, 2023 2:31 pm

I wasn't even going to do this project, but I couldn't resist after hearing all y'all talking about it, and seeing th photos. Then QIAD was kind enough to have the entire set of block patterns on sale so I took the plunge. I'm working mainly from my stash but I did buy some of the focus fabric for fussy cutting the smaller blocks. I have Jan, Feb, Mar, and Apr all finished. The 6" blocks, too. And I have May traced and fused onto fabric. Slow going here though with family visiting for 3 weeks. But that's OK. No rush and it makes the fun last longer!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue May 23, 2023 9:03 pm

I worked on May and June today. I'm using my own fabrics and I bought some of the main fabric to cut out the houses for the center of the extra blocks. It's a fun project. My goal is to do one a month, but I missed April. So when I get time, I do an extra. I too bought the pack of 12 months with QIAD had it on sale. And I already had 2 of the patterns.

Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 24, 2023 5:51 am

Question I was looking at Fat Quarter bundles and saw there's a bundle listed as Wander Lane and then another listed Wander Lane 2. - Are they the same? From the pictures they look the same sets of fabric, but I'm not sure. 32 FQ's are a lot of fabrics, hence my wonder.

Thanks. - getting ready to start my OWL

Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed May 24, 2023 6:33 am

Jana owl is I think for the first set of patterns that came out and owl 2 is for the second set that came out the only thing that I have ordered was the multi fabric for 1& 2 and winter. I'm going try and do it with what ever I have.

Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 24, 2023 7:06 am

JANA, I had the same question. But since I'm working from my stash and buying neither, I didn't look too hard for the answer. Lois's answer makes sense. I did buy 1 yd of the spring/summer focus fabric, and then, when it came out, 1/2 yd each of fall and winter. But I don't think I'll need nearly that much fabric.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”