Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

On Wander Lane (OWL)

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: On Wander Lane (OWL)

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:17 pm

Ta da!! It’s done, and ready to hang on the wall in my stairwell. I wasn't planning to do this quilt, but so many of you were excited about it and Lois put it over the top for me. I caved in and joined the crowd. So Lois - you get the credit, though there were times when I was thinking it was more blame. :lol:

PS: because I was asked, I posted three more pictures, close-ups of Quilting. This is just how I did it, and I am not very good. I scrutinized the pix of the patterns and tried to duplicate best I could. Took me a few blocks to realize I could do the sky and the hills all together in one row. I stitched other places in the ditch and echoed or simply highlighted other parts. Buttons made it challenging, but I did not want to sit and sew all those buttons on after Quilting. I used silver magnifico thread by superior. This is just how I did mine. I’m sure others of you will have great ideas of your own.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:44 pm

Very nice Mary, I can't tell how you quilted it though. My eyes are getting really bad. I keep looking at mine thinking I am in over my head.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:01 pm

Very very nice Maryz! I can't see the quilting either, we want close ups please.
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:44 am

Tina and Val, I added 3 more photos to my post just for you!

And Val, you aren't in over your head. It's just applique - but only a LOT more of it! Try one block. If you don't like doing it, you can always just make it a single wall hanging out of that block and call it good! That's just one of the wonderful things about our craft - it's so forgiving and there is always a way around every problem.

mz

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:08 am

Thank you Mary, that's so cool how you quilted it, gives movement to the blocks and doesn't take anything away from all your applique, purrfect!
Valerie, it's just time consuming. I've made June's block and the 3 little ones that go with it....I honestly prefer the applique block to the little ones 🤣😂 the applique is easy peasy, just tracing and arranging these pieces then sewing them down.... the little blocks aren't hard but they took me 3 hours each to do LOL but I am loving the process, I think you will too ❤ just don't think of it as eating the whole elephant, just a piece at a time 🥰
Tina

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:15 am

Ok your not good at it!!!!! Your great Im so impressed...its wonderful I cannot wait to start quilting mine maybe next week...
Those of you who feel intimidated by this quilt...it is really pretty easy just time consuming...Blanket stitch around each piece is just like coloring pages in a coloring book...I didnt like doing the little blocks so much but even they werent that bad...If you mesure correctly they go together like little jigsaw puzzles....I look forward to seeing all the other samples of this quilt...Our diversity in fabrics and colors is so cool....xxxooo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:04 am

Mary your quilt is beautiful I will get back to mine when I'm not so busy with other things.

Lois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:08 am

Excellent Mary
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:16 pm

Looks great on your wall! Love all your other quilts too, your room looks soooooo inviting ❤❤❤
Tina

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:47 am

Beautiful job Mary! It does look time consuming! Fun pattern & I love what you did on quilting. Fun fabrics too on the houses.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”