Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SECRET SANTA OPENING DAY, Thursday December 8th!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: SECRET SANTA OPENING DAY, Thursday December 8th!!

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:49 am

My Santa was Mary Rose, aka, Rosebud and she spoiled me good! She made me a 50 inch table runner, 24 inch topper, and an 18 inch topper, all matching. They will go beautifully in my family room and here is the kicker, some of the fabrics she used match some of the fabrics I used in an even longer runner for our wine bar in that room. What are the odds of that?!

She also included 24 different fabrics in various pre-cuts from strips to half yard cuts. They will certainly come in handy! And finally a wooden plaque with a crucifix on it. That will go home with us and I will put it up in our bedroom

I have been having trouble getting into Quilt In A Day this morning so hopefully my picture will post. In that picture is our Christmas tree in the trailer and if you look at the Tree skirt, you will see a gift I received from Mary Rose about five years ago when she was my secret Santa. She sent me the pattern and the fabrics and I made it myself. I use it every year.

Thank you Mary Rose for everything. I love it all!

Maryz

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:59 am

Love those fabrics too Maryz ❤
I was wondering if you got your box from Autumns LOL guess I shouldn't have wondered that huh 🤣😂

Tina

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:25 am

My SS this year was KathyR I want to tell you the gifts were over the top...I must have been very very good this year as she granted all my wishes,,,MaryQ will post a picture of my gifts when she gets time...Thank you Kathy for the super nice table topper s runners and mug rugs to match The ft Quarters and scissors will be used in no time and the duster will help keep things tidy here in the sewing room. I was down to 2 ratty pot holderd in the kitch and now I have 4 really pretty ones...The are hand knitted, and super sturdy, Microwave bowl holders will keep my fingers cool when we re heat ( we do a lot of that here) Again thank you for the super santa gifts.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:32 am

Happy Birthday Tina!!

CindyB, I'm so sorry your package was ripped open and several things fell out. I did Christmas wrap everything but the magazines. I have filed a missing items report with the post office, including pictures of the items and even the wrapping paper. I have made several calls and will continue to try and find the items.

I sent some replacement things to you yesterday. I'm sorry to say that some of what was in the first package I'm not able to replace as they were special fabrics that came from my stash.
Here is the tracking number for package that is on the way.
9505 5148 3457 2341 4571 15

As for my SS, I will not be opening today, as we're still at the house. I hope to get to the coast tomorrow and get my mail picked up by Saturday. If you want to tell me who you are, I'd love to know.

After what has happened to Cindy's package I have some suggestions for everyone here, that Tina and I have talked about. Put what you send in a plastic bag or several bags and write the address on the bag or tape the address inside the bag. That way if the box gets ripped open, there's still a way for the post office to get the stuff to the address.

We were delayed here, Garry's glasses came in yesterday and our attorney had our Wills, POA'S and other legal documents ready to sign yesterday. I'm so relieved that the documents are done. If y'all haven't updated these things, I would encourage you to do it.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:50 am

LYN, another thing that I often do when sending a package or large manila envelope is to encircle it completely with packing tape, both directions. I've noticed that the Priority boxes they use now are not only smaller, but flimsier. Frustrating!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:17 am

Lyn and Cindyb I was so sorry that happened and the pics were crazy of the damage. It's beyond my imagination to even figure out what they did to that box.
Maryz, I tape my packages like you, all around in both directions a couple times. The postal service should be ashamed of themselves.

Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:33 am

I opened my box!
My Santa was Katy mepiece! Did she ever spoil me rotten! My cup runneth over with what she gifted me ❤❤❤❤ Thank you soooooooo much Katy, I LOOOOOVE everything!!
Katy made me Halloween placemats and sent me oodles of awesomeness! She sent me a Fall panel, fabrics in different sizes, a Christmas hot pad, Christmas cookie cutters, a reindeer spatula, Zippity Quick quilt pattern, quilty playing cards, a tape measure and a retractable tape measure, a mini charm pack, a little key ring with cute rubber scissors, an ornament that lights up and plays We Wish You A Merry Christmas and it's motion activated 🎶! And a seam ripper, pins, a very pretty hot chocolate cup with a red truck and trees on it and hot chocolate packets, honey in a cute tiny bear bottle, a honey sucker, these so cool hot pad glove thingies in Halloween theme and a Halloween drying dish cloth. I tell ya she really spoiled me totally rotten!!!
Thank you soooooooo much Katy for everything! I very much appreciate it all and will use everything 🥰🎅🤶

Tina 🎅🤶
2022-12-08_11-33-15.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:41 am

Good afternoon Everyone,
Well our very talented Mary Q was my Santa this year I could not believe all the beautiful things that were in that box.

She really does nice work on her Embroidery machine.
First there was a nice tray made out of vinyl with sewing theme and Embroidery on it.
Then there was 4 beautiful placemats ,pot holders we all know I needed them.
A hot pad which is nice to put a 13x9 pan on.
Then there was a zippered pouch made out of vinyl ,a pretty tin with seam rippers ,sewing theme frobs to hook on to keys or sicssors, a canister of wonder clips, a box for bobbins its a good thing because I needed 1 of them .
Paper plates and napkins
with Gnomes on them and a bag of hershey kisses ,and ,MnMs
Mary thank you for my gifts 🎁 I really do Love Everything.
Lois
Last edited by fabricgirl on Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:54 am

By the way when I send anything out my packages or envelopes are always lined with plastic I don't trust anyone I always can picture bad weather or someone dropping them in a puddle and I always use packing tape.
Lois

Cindybquilts

Post by Cindybquilts » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:09 pm

I am over the top happy with what I did get. Lyn, thank you! Love the fall potholders & table topper to put hot items on! I have no idea where all of my potholders went in the move. I did remember to put things in a ziplock bag (I ordered some 2 gallon bags from Amazon, they work well!) It's what we used to do with fabric swaps.

Still need to make the pictures smaller files so they will post.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”