Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

December lotto

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

December lotto

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:19 am

Valerie - 6
Chriss - 20
Maryq- 10
Maryz - 10
Tina - 22
KathyR - 16
Lyn - 16

Welcome all lotto players. As we round off an exciting year I did want to take the time to thank everyone for participating this year. It has been a great year with many wonderful blocks/quilts made. We have 3 more drawings this year. November lotto will be drawn Nov 30th (yes you still have time to get blocks in). December lotto will be drawn New Years Eve. The final draw will be drawn from all the tickets from this year and will happen also on New Years Eve.

How do you get a ticket? It is simple, you get one for every block you send. So the more you send, the greater your chance at winning the end of the year surprise. Sorry, but it is not quilt blocks!

So on to December, after much though and consideration (needs to be easy but needs to be related to the season) uhm, Bethlehem star? Christmas star? Some other Christmas block? NO

We will be making Snowball blocks. Many have posted that the snow has already arrived and they are easy and related to the season. Here is the website if you don't know how to make one.

https://www.theclothparcel.com/make-thi ... FBR05pMmJz

We will do the 6.5 inch blocks. So 6.5 inch center with 2.25 inch corners. Your center fabric can be "anything goes!" Any color, any season, plaids, stripes, polka dots, etc. Pull out those scraps and see what you can cut a 6.5 inch block from and you are on your way.

Here are 6 I made. May do more as time goes on.

So remember, you have till Nov 30th for Nov lotto and Dec 31 for December lotto. December can be send with you Nov if you want.
Last edited by WeSignificant on Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:20 am, edited 7 times in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Re: December lotto

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:25 am

fun, fun, fun. I love this block. I will be going through my scraps the instant I finish my elf gift. This is a great quick and easy block. I even have great WOW scraps for the corners. yay.
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:00 am

boy have I got the perfect scraps!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:09 pm

Count me in! I have A box of scraps and I brought some white Because I never leave home without it. Fun and easy - just what we need for busy travelers and holiday sewers!

Mz

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:18 pm

Welcome all!

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:57 am

Valerie you have done such a great job with the lotto, thanks for making this month so easy, with the holidays it should be no problem getting a few of these done. KathyR

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:21 am

Thank you Kathy, the more the merrier! Glad to have you onboard.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:41 am

I have scrap WOW fabric and scraps to make the squares. I'm cutting and sewing today. Hope I get lots done. So glad you chose this block, it can be made quickly and I can use up some fabric. win win
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:59 pm

Mine went real quick. I also chain sewed them

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Ill be putting some blocks in the mail either Saturday or Monday
Psalm 91

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”