Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

November lotto

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

November lotto

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:24 pm

Valerie- 7 so far
Maryq - 6
Maryz - 8
Chriss - 14
Lori - 7
KathyR - 4

Welcome to November lotto. As discussed several months ago we will start November and December lottos early. I hope to post Dec lotto by Nov 15. We will be completing Disappearing 4 patches in fall colors. You can use either cottons or batiks. Each block will have two colors. Make sure they are contrasting. I have completed 2 and they only took me about an hour for both. Now that I have the pattern clear in my head, I think I can do up to 4 in an hour. Please use to following YouTube video so they all look alike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_DG2WUdaeI&t=16s

Please note she is a bit slow about explaining things and I ended up fast forwarding a bit (you can likely guess what she is going to say or do). Do not skip past the part that says 1.5 inches when you do your slices!

These will come out right about 8.25 inches. I would recommend the winner square to 8 inches prior to putting quilt together.

Samples

Please ask if you have any questions. If you need my cell number to text (best way to get ahold of me) just private message me.

Happy Sewing
Last edited by WeSignificant on Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Re: November lotto

Post by zfatcat » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:50 pm

Very pretty Valerie. I think I'll have time to make some.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:53 pm

They really do go quick

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:59 pm

Watched video. Glad I had a glass of wine and time. 🤭 Well explained and Ok if she was slow. I get it and hope to make some.

Thanks for early post. Since I'm still at my stash, I can shop for Fall cotton colors. I have loaded all batiks for Texas.
Lyn
P.S. While looking for colors I just found fabric that would make DD2 a cute lap quilt. Also found a kit that DD1 really likes. Oh dear, may have Red Jeep overload!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:25 am

Great to hear Lyn. 👍

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:28 am

I am excited to make this block. I think I have some 10 inch squares in my scraps. the video, although a little slow was very thorough. Thanks for picking an easy to do block Valerie. I will work on these soon.

Chriss
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:13 am

Looking forward to them Chriss

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:53 am

VAL, I really like this easy block and hope I can make some this month. My machine is going back to the shop this morning for shredding and breaking my top thread. I'm a little frustrated as I just got it back a week ago. I guess I will be setting up my travel machine. I'm hoping it's something easy that they can fix in the store and not have to send it to Seattle. That usually takes 2 to 3 weeks.

mary

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:35 am

Sometimes life just is not what we want. Prayers for a quick fix

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:46 pm

I finished eight blocks in about 2 1/2 hours today. They will be in the mail in a couple days Valerie. Great choice!

Please forgive the sideways picture. That’s not how I took it

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”