Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

HINTS page for SECRET SANTA 2022

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
fabricgirl

Re: HINTS page for SECRET SANTA 2022

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:00 am

Hello I'm Lois

# 1 choice pot holders mine have seen better days and they don't need hooks on them because there is no place to hang them
Neutral colors as we are changing colors
# 2 choice placemats 4 neutral colors
# 3 trivet or hot pad any kind
Prints I don't like are neon or bright colors.
Something I can use are binding clips or buttons.

About me

I'm 68 I live with a wonderful husband for 46 years so far have 2 children and 2 grandchildren I'm retired and just enjoy my life

Cindybquilts

Post by Cindybquilts » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:50 pm

Name: Cindy

Choice #1. Potholders! Fall colors or blue
Choice #2. Tablerunner/topper-same colors as above
Choice #3. Hot mat/trivia- same colors as above

My favorite colors are: Blue, yellow, Green
Favorite fabrics are: a lot of Moda fabrics, civil war fabrics, and (of course) fabrics from El's lines

Not really my cup of tea: neon colors, crazy modern fabrics

A small little item that I may wish for: fat quarters for an I Spy quilt for my granddaughter

I can always use: curved safety pins, quilting pins, marking pens (disappearing kind)

I'm now a widow, my DH passed from lung cancer in 2019, and my granddaughter (14 months) has been the light of my life! I still have a dog, Dixie (mixed hound) who was may rock when DH passed. I still quilt, cross stitch and babysit my granddaughter (those of you that met my DD, Julia, in Paducah will be glad that she's a wonderful mom and wife, and studying for GRE and her DH is in a PhD program here - both hard workers!)

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:31 am

HINTS page for SECRET SANTA 2022
Post by Mepeace2 »September 4

Name:Katy
Choice #1. 4 Placemats With scarecrows My old ones are 25 years old
ice #2. Tabletopper 18" round, Either fall colors or easter
Choice #3. 4 mug rugs 2 for christmas and 2 for spring.
My favorite colors are: Purple, Green, Mauve ,and aqua
Favorite fabrics are: I love 30's, poka dots, and Halloween and Christmas

Not really my cup of tea: Reproduction

A small little item that I may wish for: heat and bond light sheets, a purple thang,machine needles size 12

I can always use: a seam ripper, rotary blades, and thread

Please write a little paragraph about you and maybe what plans for the next year as far as what you would like to accomplish. ........If you were to sit on Santa's Lap... what would you ask him to bring you. I'm sure you all agree that Christmas has become quite "commercialized" but this is our chance to get back to what is important.... the love we share.
Mine is: I'm a mom of 2, Grandma of 6, I have 3 cats and 1 dogs{who is not doing well} I am divorced but my X lives with me Due to his health issues. . My birthday is Feb 2 Yes I am a groundhog :lol: :lol: :lol: REALLY REALLy LOVE made thingsI have recieved several over the years and I use them all over my house. If you have a pattern for table toppers or place mats you no longer want I would be glad to take off your hands.Id be happy with any type of fabric I love charm packs, jelly rolls, FQ's and layer cakes,and yardage. My favorite holidays are Christmas and Halloween. My sewingroom and my gardens are my happy places. I also like to cook but at 73 it seems strange to tell you that I am just now learning how to cook some things. Bread and biscuts are my next challenge.I can tell you I am always busy at something. Whats up for 2023 who knows. Depends a lot on Boo and Jims health. . I do have a list of things I need to accomplish and things I would like to do.. LOl I am still going through stuff and getting rid of items. I am still working on several projects and hope to complete them next year.. I also have gardens to plan. So that about wraps it up for me. O I also have to plan a challenge piece for the guild.

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:10 pm

Hi my name is KathyR. I first want to say how grateful I am to be in this group with such caring people.
My choice # 1: I have an island with a short overhang and I trying to make runners for different seasons or holidays, the runners can be between 9-12" wide and 36-40" long, I have with tulips and in the process of making one with fall leaves, so any others would be great.

My 2nd choice would be any used quilt patterns or books.

My 3rd choice would be placemats for everyday use, scraps would be ok.

My favorite colors: I like most colors, no real preference but probably not retro.

Favorite fabrics: cotton

Small item I may wish for like most can always use pins, seam ripper, etc

Well let's see, I am a 71 years, wife, mother, sister, been married to the love of my life for 22 years, we retired both from the telephone company and moved back to his home town, to help out with his dad, RIP. I enjoy sewing and working with a craft group at my church to make items for a Christmas bazaar the first week in December, this will be the first one back since Covid so not sure what will happen but with God's help it should be good.
Between my husband and I, we have 6 children, 12 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren and working on great-great grandchildren that what happens when you marry someone 10 years older than you, lol.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:13 pm

Ok, I finally made it over to give you my hints...

My name is Mary

My three choices are interchangeable so here goes: potholders, placemats/mug rugs, or table runner/topper. Ideas for Native American designs for bedroom curtains. Matching bed runners for twin beds (teal, burnt orange, tan/cream type color scheme, or any colors that will fit in with the Native American colors).
(Please use what you have on hand. There is no need to spend when you already have materials, etc. on hand. I am in the use/reuse/recycle group)

My favorite colors are colors you would find in a flower garden.

My favorite fabrics are cotton...they can be prints, tone on tone, blenders, pastels, bold...anything you might have in your stash.

Not really my cup of tea would be pure solids, glitter/metallics, fabrics other than cotton.

A small/little item that I may wish for might be a new seam ripper, forehead head lamp, hand quilting needles size 9 or 10, hand quilting thread.

I can always use DMC embroidery floss, size 14, 16, or 18 count aida cloth, and cross stitch needles for creating my labels.

I am Mary Ellen Daniel-Noffz. I live in Farmington, New Mexico. I work for The Home Depot and have been in their employ for 27 1/2 years. I was going to go part-time but decided to stay full time (as long as my health will allow me to) until I reach my 30 years. I want to see what my 30-year longevity bonus will be (LOL).
My son and my baby, baby sister (the youngest) both now live with me. I am self-taught quilter, and love working with the fabric and color. I crochet, embroider, cross stitch, read, and attempt to draw and design.
I now have a stand-up longarm, thanks to a very wonderful friend, a sit-down longarm that I got back in 2015, and I have a new Bernina 790 Crystal Edition machine which I am still learning how to use.

I have 2 cats, Morton and Emily. My sister has chihuahuas.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:55 pm

Please, please use what you have on hand. We all have lots of fabrics to give to friends we love. I LOVE to "Use, Reuse, Recycle"

Choice #1: As many Unfinished ANY SEASON 12.5" or 6.5" blocks you would like to send.

Choice #2: ALL HOLIDAY Mug Rugs

Choice #3: I Love making I-Spy quilts so if you have any I-Spy 5"+ Charms that would be lovely

A small little item that I may wish for: Charm Packs, FQ patterns or books you would like to share

I can always use: I-Spy Charm Squares for a girls quilt, a seam ripper and rotary blades

My favorite colors: Fall Rust, golds, blues, greens. Christmas Grays and Reds

My favorite fabrics: I am in need of COLORED coordinating fabrics like Dimples, Tone on Tones and Blenders always from your first that you would like to share.

Not my really my cup of tea: Any fabric that is NOT Quilting Cotton, modern, geometric, paisley and definitely NOT solids.

I am a simple person. A daughter, sister, Wife and Mom of 5 from a blended family. All grown and doing well in there established careers. I took up quilting in 2005 after retiring from many years of working at CSC and NASA on Edwards AFB. It was nice to be a stay at home wife now that the kids were off on their own. I could set my own schedule that included lots of sewing. After making many quilts and getting shoulder pains quilting them on my Janome machine, I invested the rest of my inheritance money on an APQS Freedom Longarm Quilting machine. Then my life went on a new journey of quilting for others. I gained a lot of confidence and learned a lot about colors and fabrics that can go together.
I am eager to continue my love of sewing and quilting while going through my home purging what is not needed anymore. I have many magazines in quilting, crocheting and knitting. I LOVE to share so if you are interested please let me know and I will put a bunch in a Flat Rate box for you. In doing this we will be ready to move to South Carolina in the middle of 2023. Closer to family and medical services.
I LOVE CHRISTMAS SS and always ready to fill my Elfs Box!!!!!!!!
More to come about me very soon. Another long day of going to the Bible Museum and Amish Quilt shops.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”