Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

The OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA of 2022... Closed

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

The OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA of 2022... Closed

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:48 am

Good Morning Everyone!

Merry Christmas! Here's the OFFICIAL Secret Santa Page for 2022

I joined QIAD in 2008 and missed that first year of SS, I hadn't gotten familiar with the forum yet. But have I ever enjoyed it since! Maryq was the most awesomess Head Santa! I hope I can do the job justice.

Since this is my 1st year as Head Santa I wanted to get my feet wet so I wanted to give extra thought to this years theme plus we have some brand new Santas and some that have been here since it started so I wanted to give the theme this year to that idea, these will be things that you make your elf at their request..... I want you all to put choice #1, Choice #2 and choice #3 out of these......a stocking, placemats (how many like 4 or 6 and what theme like Christmas, Spring, Easter, Fall, Halloween etc), pot holder or oven mits (with the same; the theme with these Christmas, Spring, Halloween etc.) or a table topper ( same thing post the theme you'd like Christmas, Easter, St Patty's Day etc. and the size you'd like) or a stocking! (I forgot to add that as a choice). It makes it easier on Santa's when you post your wants for the theme and with putting your first 3 choices then your Santa has a choice in case there's something that they don't feel comfortable skill-wise making.

NOW.... here's the fine details.

It's hard to set a $ limit but you really shouldn't spend over $20 if you're spending $. Most of us if not all of us have a pretty good size stash and can go looking through our stash and find things perfect for our elf. Plus most are like me and find little things throughout the year on super sales for pennies on the dollar and have an Elf drawer to see if they are perfect for our Elf this year..... We also have some that like to do teasers which are not manditory and can get costly with postage these days. Helpers are great for that or even to mail your package for you if an opportunity arises! But PLEASE DO NOT mail to an Elf that isn't yours unless their Santa has specifically asked for your help.

I will be making a post for all new HINTS for 2022. It will be super important that you answer the questions in a timely manner, for sure by September 10th so when I draw names and send out to Santas they can start right away in their Santa Workshops! Make sure and put your #1, #2 and #3 choices. In the spirit of "Use, Reuse, Recycle" I'm all for sharing from our stashes.

Signups will start now through Sept 10th, which gives 2 weeks to signup. When you sign up please pm me your Name and mailing address so I make sure I have everything updated to send to your Santas. You can even add your email and phone number if you'd like to your pm to me.

I should be able to draw names by than the 13th and then I'll send you your Elf info by pm.

Mailing Deadline will be NOVEMBER 23rd.. Which gives you a full 10 weeks. Remember, K I S S ---- Keep it Simple Silly!

Opening Day will be the Week of December 8- 9- 10-11

I really hope to see lots of Santas!.. come and have fun with us this year!

Some of you have my cell number and my email address and can text or email me any questions you may have. If you would like my cell number or email, send me a PM and I'll get back to you. HINTS Page is posted so you can get the idea.

PLEASE remember this is a commitment and I don't want feelings hurt by not receiving. So as long as we ALL stay true to GIVING then ALL will also be receiving!

Santa's:
1. Maryz........address✔️.......hints✳️
2. Me.............address✔️.......hints✳️
3. Chriss.......address✔️........hints✳️
4. Maryq....... address✔️.......hints✳️
5. Lyn............address✔️........hints✳️
6. Valerie......address✔️.......hints✳️
7. KathyR......address✔️.......hints✳️
8. KathyQuilts...address✔️.........hints✳️
9. Judi........address✔️.......hints✳️
10.Teresa....address✔️........hints✳
11. Katy........address✔️.......hints✳️
12. Vinae......address✔️.......hints✳️
13. CindyB....address✔️.......hints✳️
14. Maryrose......address✔️.....hints✳️
15. Izzy..........address✔️......hints✳️
16. Lois..........address✔️......hints✳️
Last edited by gershwin64 on Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:23 am, edited 49 times in total.

purrfect-lady

Re: The OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA of 2022

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:00 am

TINA - you know to sign me up immediately, right? Thank you for taking this over for us all. Mary did an awesome job at Head Santa, but I know you are up to filling her big Santa boots! This will be fun! And I like all your ideas! I can't wait to get started!

mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:31 am

I'm in. Sign me up
Exodus 33:14

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:39 am

Oh you know I’m in!!!!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:00 am

Taken off the USPS site today 8/26/22

For US only.
2022-08-26_10-56-56.jpg
I know international is way more expensive and if any of our friends participate from across the pond then just a flat padded envelope is more economical and can still fit a few small things in and still have a fun Secret Santa/ Elf experience ❤
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:05 am

Count me in, please.

Tina, thank you for posting the rates. A person can get several things into one of those bubble padded priority mail envelopes and they're not so costly. Hint, hint.
Lyn

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:10 am

Thank you Lyn for the hints ❤

Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:12 am

The flat rate boxes can usually be gotten at the post office but the padded flat rate envelopes need to be ordered from the USPS website. They are free.

I recently ordered a set of flat rate boxes to see the different sizes in person. They are also free to be ordered. as are the mailing labels.
Exodus 33:14

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:45 am

They also have a sample pack for free, I think it has a small box, small envelope, a padded envelope and a medium box.... something like that. They're free and can be ordered on the USPS site.

Tina

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:11 pm

Is it too late to sign up?? I have been anxiously waiting! Sign me up! Tina I can't seem to be able to send you a message. Could you email me at deb.kisly@aol.com?
Last edited by dsf618 on Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”