Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

The OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA of 2022... Closed

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: The OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA of 2022 the fun has begun

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:53 am

My gift is coming along. In fact, the sewing is finished, but I need to make one small adjustment. Thankfully, since my machine is on vacation, the adjustment doesn't need to be sewn. I hope my elf likes what I've done!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:29 am

Slowly making progress. My first plan didn't work out so well so new one taking shape. Going on and overnight get away this Saturday so will take along to complete the binding. I also have some machine work left. Then a few little useful item and I will be done.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:42 am

OM goodness

I check in at sew in all the time, but forget to come over too and see what y'all are up to!

Thought I better keep in touch to let head Santa know that I am really here and working hard on SS. I had one thing started and as I looked it.... well, I just didn't like it after all. My Elf might have I suppose, but I sure didn't!

The new plan is coming along nicely, so I feel confident that I get everything ready and mailed in plenty of time!

That's all from me! :)

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:32 am

looks like Santa's workshop is getting busy around here! :D

I have a few things finished and more in progress ready to be put on the quilting machine.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:39 am

Guess I better say Hello, in a few more days it will be, Howdy. Y'all sound like you plan to mail before Halloween. Have I missed something? Has the deadline been moved from November 23rd to sooner??
Sorry to my Elf, but your gifts will be made in Texas. I have them all planned, just need to get to a place where I can create.
Everyone sounds so busy, but maybe y'all are starting to worry about being snowed in and can't get to the post office. 🙃
I think I've seen some smoke plumes raising up to mountain level from some of your sewing machines. :lol:
Lyn

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:04 am

Izzy, sounds like your doing great! A little here and a little there will have you finished in plenty of time for mailing I'm sure 🥰
Maryz, little adjustments here and there seem to be going around 🥰
Valerie, sounds like your second plan is working out nicely to me 🥰
Maryq, sounds like quite a few of us are using our second plans LOL me included 😉 thanks for checking in.
Vinae, sounds intriguing! Love how you're doing with your sewjo ❤️
Lyn, the mailing deadline is still the same no worries 🥰
I thought I was going to get to work on mine yesterday afternoon ha ha ha, with 3 grands here and cooking 3 meals and doing laundry and cleanups that didn't happen. I'm hoping today but I'm going ahead and stripping all the spare beds and washing everything, taking advantage of no rain today and hanging the Summer quilts on the line so they can be put away. Our closet is a disaster where I keep the extra quilts so I think that'll be on today's to do list too. But I'm still hoping to work on mine in spare moments 🥰

Thank you all for checking in.
I hope everyone is doing alright. Any questions please contact me.

Tina🤶

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:25 am

I haven't made much, if any, progress. I have no obligations on Friday and really plan to sew. I'm close but not finished.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:59 am

Hello to all the Secret Santa’s. Loved reading all the progress you have been making for your elves.
Our trip was much like a sewing project. Excited to get started, loving all the stitching and then eager to get it finished ✅. I was so eager to get home but had a HUGE set back in COVID finding us somewhere during our visit with Rob’s school mate John and Shirley. We tested negative before we got there but tested positive in the second day of seeing the kids. We did contact everyone from PA to UT and they were negative. Whew!!! If the word COVID was around I would think this is just one nasty cold or Flu. I could still taste but things just tasted off. The almost never ending coughing is the worst Ali g with the aches and exhaustion. This to will pass.
So my plans to get started with the project had been put on hold. Not unpacking any of the fabric from bags so they should be good when I start packing the middle of Nov. Will wait a number of weeks to do something but was glad I had already started putting things in the box. No just staying away from it.

That’s it from me. Hope you all have a great time loving your Elves!!! Talk soon

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:15 am

One binding complete, one to go. Then some projects that don't require binding so they will be quick
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:35 am

Wow looks like time is flying by faster than I thought! My last post was 5 days ago! Where'd the time fly to?

Teresa, sorry you got covid. Hopefully it's a fast mild case. Even with packing your Santa package mid November should still have you mailing by the deadline; November 23rd🎅🤶

Valerie, you're ahead of me. I think as soon as we get home I'll do more on mine too.

You all are doing great! So hard to believe how fast the time is going by! November 23rd is zooming straight towards us!

If anyone needs anything please pm me or email.

Tina 🎅🤶🎅🤶

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”