Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Lotto news

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Lotto news

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:02 am

Just a few updates/reminders

1. After searching for solid black fabric in my area yesterday. I have decided black on black is fine as long as it reads solid from a distance. (This is for next month)

2. What are everyone's thoughts on Lotto in December? I can go either way. I know many are busy with Holiday events.

3. Does anyone remember there is a grand prize at the end of the year? All the tickets are going into a large plastic bag after each month's drawing just waiting till the end of the year!

4. I am using a secret block maker to test the block each month just to be sure I am not crazy. Isn't she doing a good job?

5. Feel free to offer block suggestions if there is one out there you want to try. I think that is what I like most about Lotto. You can try new things without making a whole quilt.

6. What do you all think about one month using just Batiks? I am not sure how many of us use them. I have a whole tote full!

That's all my thoughts for now. Have a great day

Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Lotto news

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:46 pm

1) I found black FQ's at Joanns, they also have black Kona and some black in their remnant section. I have BOB in my totes at home so either will work, I'm good to go.

2) I'm good for a December lotto. It's really only a few blocks and a stamp.

3) I didn't remember that there would be a prize at the end of the year. Exciting, I love prizes.

4) You get a secret block maker? I wonder if I could find a secret housekeeper? We could share.

5) I think you are coming up with some really cool blocks. I loved getting to make geese, and the addition of the log cabin gave me a little confidence. The green and white link type block was lots of fun too. I will keep my eyes open and let you know if something catches my eye.

6) I have quite a few Batik scraps but not very big pieces. I'm really not opposed to picking up a FQ or three to complete a block.

My question. Do you have enough money for postage?

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:04 pm

Val, I read your post, but don't have time to reply right now. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday.
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:34 am

1. Found some Black in my stash, and am headed to Joann today... so I'm all good !!!

2. Also good with December, but maybe post it a little earlier to get a head start? Make it an easier block perhaps

3. A GRAND prize... Hey that sounds wonderful to me!

4. I am using a secret block maker to test the block each month just to be sure I am not crazy. Isn't she doing a good job? She is doing a wonderful job.. And I'm with Chriss... would love a secret house keeper!

5. If I think of any block to try, I'll share.. So far I've loved everything you've done and some have been a challenge for me, but I've learned new things --- an old dog can learn new tricks after all!

6. I don't have a ton of batiks, but have some and have no problem with picking up a few more :lol: :lol:

Thanks so much for taking over the lotto.. It's sure been a lot of fun!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:29 am

Any time Lori, always appreciate your thoughts

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:54 am

*I have black and BOB so I'm good with either.
*I LOVE batiks and have a whole shelf full begging to be used.
*I will be in my fifth-wheel trailer in Texas in Dec. So, if I have time and fabric, I'm in.
*Block ideas? I'm rather partial to Bear's Paw, 54/40 or Fight, and Snail Trail among many others.
*Thank you for doing this, Val! Your lottos are very hard to resist!

mary z

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:52 pm

Here is my Bear Paw. 🐻

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:30 am

I LOVE that Bear's Paw! What a gorgeous quilt!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:31 am

Why thank you. It was on my bed a good 10 or 12 years. Now replaced with my TATW I recently made DH.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:32 am

Somehow I missed you posting this, Val. Hope I'm not too late to this party. :lol:

1. Not sure I have black, but have to make a trip down the Mtn and what better reason for stopping at the QS.

2. December is fine by me. I know some our more busy than we are.

3. Gee, I forgot about the grand prize!

4. Ms Secret block maker is doing a great job!!

5. If I find a block to try, I'll let ya know.

6. I love Batiks and have several here at the Estes house. If this is a possibility in the next few months, please say so and I'll load them for Texas.

Val, thank you for a fun year so far. I've really enjoy making the blocks. Speaking of which, time to get my bum to my sewing room and work on the August blocks.
Lyn

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”