Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

June Lotto - Winner is .........

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
velvet

Re: June Lotto

Post by velvet » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:58 pm

A QOV is 60x80. It makes a good size for the men. We buy batting and we do get a discount from the company. Kathleen knows how many 60x80 quilts can be made at that size. We have a lot of vets here in this area and she tries to make the batting go as far as possible.
Today is the 1st time I have checked in this area. What can I do to help?? I realize I may be too late to the party. I have so RWB blocks I can send just PM me.

Thank you for doing a QOV. You will never know how much it will mean when it is presented to a vet.

Diane

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:06 pm

Diane thanks for checking in. This months Lotto is RWB blocks. You can make as many as you want. They just need to be RWB and 12 inches finished. At the end of the month I put every one's tickets (one for each block you send). Then me or someone in my home draws a name and that person wins (or 2 if we have enough) wins all the blocks.

It was suggested that this would make a nice QOV quilt but it would be up to the winner to decide if they wanted to donate them. Without the agreement of all participants I don't think I should change the rules.

If anyone has an opinion please speak up.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:51 am

HI Guys

Here's my Lotto Block

As far as colors for next month... I'm a blue freak and have lots... but then I seem to have lots of most colors except for orange. So what ever you decide to go with... it's all good for me!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:03 am

Maryq, great block.

Maryz, love the doggies, do you have one that looks like Moose?

Val, any color and just about any theme works for me. Unlike Maryq, I am an orange lover and have lots of it. Next to green it's one of my favorite colors. I also have plaids, florals, novelty's, kids, and flannel.
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:08 am

Maryq great block, I almost made one myself!

I have somethings to do this AM but hope to get in sewing room by this afternoon sometime.

I am leaning towards green as I think it will fit the theme better. I am with Mary orange is low low in my list of favorites.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:47 am

Orange is my favorite color. Look at how many flowers are orange. Now you peaked my interest with the green comment. Hmmmm
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:33 pm

Valerie, So now I am wondering what theme goes with Green? We've passed St. Patricks Day.

Lori, again, it's like we are twins. who knew we would have so many dear friends who weren't orange fans? tsk, tsk, tsk.
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:42 pm

I pulled out my "Victory Quilts" book. Lots of inspiration for RWB quilts.

I know Chriss.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:48 am

I like orange! Have quite a stack of orange fabrics. I figure with Sept, Oct, & Nov coming up I will get lots of opportunity to use them.

Green goes with any floral, which is summery. Yellow, purple, pink, and more are also light and summery. Or red. To be honest, there is no color I don’t like. I will be happy with anything. 😁

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:02 pm

MaryZ, don't forget Blue flowers. Blue Labellias are a favorite of mine.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”