Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

May winner! Drum roll please

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

May winner! Drum roll please

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:29 am

Welcome to May lotto. I know we should be doing May Flowers for Mother’s Day, but the holiday will be over before the end of month. So we are moving on to Father’s Day. There will still be a couple of weeks after blocks are received by the winner to get a quilt put together for Dad or a male person in their family they celebrate. I have contemplated this block for sometime now. The natural thing would be to do Bow Tie blocks, but we have done them before and actually did a Bow Tie swap. Part of the reason for Lotto for me is to practice learned skills. So, this month we are going to practice ¼ seams, accurate cutting! and half square triangles! I have chosen the Father’s Choice block by patchworksquare. https://www.patchworksquare.com/mf/fath ... -block.pdf. Depending on your browser, you have to click the picture to actually get the pattern to come up. I would like to do the 15 in block. Read closely when you cut, there are 4 different sizes. Larger pieces are easier to work with I think and you can get a bigger quilt with fewer blocks. I do have a paper form of the instructions if that is easier for you. I can email it to you.

Requirements for this month:

Please stick with masculine colors such as greens, blues, browns, greys, tans, maroons, etc. Think traditional men’s suit colors. Backgrounds can be light such as creams, light tans, light beige, light grey even etc.
Keep your darks, mediums and lights in the same places as the picture on the pattern if possible.
Hint, I did not do half square triangles their way. I cut 4 inch squares, marked diagonal on the light, sewed ¼ inch on each side and cut on marked line. Square up to 3 ½ inches.
Always, if you have any questions, please ask. I try to check everyday.

Maryz - 4
Chriss - 2
Lori - life happened
Maryq - 4
Vel - 3
Teresa - her tree fell, behind
Valerie - 4
Tina - under the weather, prays for peace and healing
Last edited by WeSignificant on Sun May 29, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 10 times in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Re: Welcome to May lotto

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:47 am

Valerie, These blocks would make a terrific quilt! sign me up!

Mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:07 am

Love it Valerie. Count me in. I also make my HST's the way you do, cutting a 4 inch and sewing on each side of the line. I love a bigger block.
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:17 am

Val, sign me up. Looks like a fun block.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:35 am

All signed up!

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:29 am

I'm in!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:18 am

Sure, count me in. I will look through my fabrics next week.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:06 am

I printed off the pattern last night and will pull some fabrics today and get started on a few blocks. I think this pattern is also called Sister's Choice, isn't it.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:03 am

Mary I think the difference is where the light, mediums and darks are but not sure.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:30 pm

Great Block choice. I know you mentioned it before but I didn’t know you settles on it. Sweet and definitely at 15”!!!
I have 2 quilts to quilt (no bindings for Linda) and a 3rd (finished quilting) to add the binding. If I can get them done and make blocks before the 17th then I am in.
We leave for my nieces wedding on the 18th.
Busy month.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”