Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

March Lotto - and the winners are.......

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

March Lotto - and the winners are.......

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:09 pm

Maryz - 4
KathyR - 4
Chriss - 4
Velda - 4 Winner
Sue - 3
Lois - 4
Valerie - 5
MaryRose - 12 Winner
Tina - 4
Maryq - 4

I think we have gotten most of the blocks we are going to get for February so decided since this month will be a bit more challenging to go ahead and post early. Now that we have our Village and it is filled with Love, it is time to invite some Celts! (I am of Scottish decent!) In honor of St. Patrick's Day we will be making Celtic Twist blocks. Here is the link to the instructions.

https://www.quiltingdaily.com/quilt/pat ... tic-twist/

and a Picture of mine

For this block we will use a white background (solid or WOW), 4 different greens (make sure you can see the contrast between them). If you have Shamrock fabric and want to use it that is okay too. Just make sure it reads green. It has been tested by 3 different people and we all completed it successfully.

A few tips for this block:

1. It is not as hard as it looks
2. Label your fabrics using the terms they use so you can keep things straight (this is the most important)
3. Lay out your block before you sew it together to make sure all is in the correct place
4. Make your 2 patches first to start putting things together
5. Press as you complete each section
6. 1/4 inch seam is important for this block
7. Take your time (posting early so you can) and read the directions (I am working on this very tip!)

I know we are all at different levels in our skills but I think we all can do this. I promise it is not "hard". If you have any questions please contact me.

Chriss and Tina thanks for helping me test this block. I wanted to make sure others felt it not too hard to do. This will make a great quilt! There is 6 weeks until the last day of March so plenty of time.
Last edited by WeSignificant on Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 11 times in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Re: March Lotto

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:46 pm

It's a beautiful block! And it will make the winner a beautiful quilt!
Just make sure you move your needle over to the right so that ¼" or even a hair less. Take your time. Lay out your pieces before sewing together and label your fabrics. I'm like close to the middle level in sewing skills, not a beginner but close to medium but not quite there but for sure not above medium at all and I found as long as I took my time and did those tips that my block turned out great! I did have to unsew one of my little corners because I didn't label my fabrics at first. With moving your needle over you'll get about ⅛" all around for the winner to be able to square up.
Tina
Last edited by gershwin64 on Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:46 pm

Here are the other fabrics I plan to use just to give and idea.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:57 pm

I’m Irish do of course I need to do this

When I move my fabric from old house to new, I’ll watch out for the tote with the green fabric

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:01 pm

Those will be awesome Valerie! I think 2 of yours match 2 of mine, how cool especially the way these blocks go together!

Yay Maryq!

Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:06 pm

Here's 1 of mine.

Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:23 pm

That beautiful Tina, if I need help I know were to go. KathyR

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:33 pm

Thanks Kathy. Oh yes for sure I'll be glad to help if you need it. That goes for anyone. We may need to do a video chat! 📹📲
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:33 pm

This looks fun, just a little challenging but I have always wanted to try this block. I will give it a shot.

Mz

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:26 pm

Those look fun.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”