Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

EASTER SWAP! Closed.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

EASTER SWAP! Closed.

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:00 pm

I don't think we've ever had an Easter swap before - or at least not in my memory. So here it is! Sign ups are open now through Sunday, Feb 20th. Deadline to have blocks to me is Saturday, April 30th. That gives you about 10+ weeks to make your blocks. Blocks should be a generous 12-1/2". (If they measure 12-1/4", please fix them before mailing.) Backgrounds can be any PASTEL of your choice from white, cream, yellow, lavender, pink, blue, green, etc. They can be solid or TOT or even a tiny, print. Please pre-wash your fabrics. No muslin. Your blocks can be pieced, appliqued, or paper-pieced. No machine embroidery unless it's just to embellish your block. You may embellish to your heart's content with anything you wish. Ideas are endless! All those cute baby animals! eggs, bonnets, baskets. Cross, sunrise, lilies, chocolate bunnies, jelly beans. Anything that says Easter to you. (Just not general spring. The spring swap was last year.) I would like for blocks to not be repeated if possible, so if your heart is set on doing a baby chick, sign up early and get your dibs in! If more than one person wants to make - say, a baby chick - then if those chicks are significantly different, it's OK. Make one block for each person that is participating. Final number will be determined after sign-up deadline, Feb 20th. I've decided to not limit us to just 20 for this swap so we'll take as many people as want to play. Second blocks are fine, too, if anyone wishes to make one.

When I was little the Easter Bunny always brought us child-sized garden tools - rake, shovel, and hoe. And for even more fun we were "allowed" to hoe the weeds in the garden Easter afternoon! How special was that?!

As in every contract there is fine print. And if you sign up, this is a contract and you are expected to follow through.

1. PLEASE make your blocks the correct size. Check them!
2. please save your tracking number when you mail in case your blocks arrive a day or two late.
3. include $8.55 for return postage.
4. Please, please, PLEASE do not sign up and then disappear until the last day! Keep in touch! Please don't be "that person". . .

I will probably update this as I think of more details, but for now I wanted to just get this posted so you all can start thinking and perusing your patterns. Questions gladly answered!

Now, let's "hop" to it!

(can you believe it? some of us still have tinsel lurking in our carpet and now we're talking Easter!

🧵BEVERLY - Chocolate bunny - Received
🧵TINA R - Easter Egg - Received -
🧵KATHY R - Tulips - Received
🧵KATHY R - 2nd set of Tulips - Received
🧵MARY Z - baby duck
- Received
🧵CHRISS - bunny - Received
🧵MARY Q - Easter basket - Received
🧵MARY ROSE - lamb - Received
🧵VALERIE - cross]
Received

keremondini

Re: EASTER SWAP! Sign-ups until Feb 20th

Post by keremondini » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:02 pm

Oh, I am the first to sign up, sounds like fun.
KathyR

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:05 pm

Awesome Mary! Please sign me up for an Easter egg.
Tina

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:09 pm

So Tina have taken eggs, I think I would like to do tulips seems to be alot of choices on Pinterest.
KathyR

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:47 pm

Ladies, I’ve signed you up! looking forward to seeing how you plan to do your blocks. 🐰🐇🥚🌷

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:29 pm

I'm in. I will do a bunny
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:49 am

I will do a cross. How many are we making?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:31 am

Valerie & Chriss, I got you down!

Val, we make a block for each person who participates and that final number will be determined by sign-up deadline - Feb 20th.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:41 am

Mary I guess my real question is are we limiting it to 20?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:11 am

VAL, well, for the past few years, limiting a swap to 20 hasn't been a problem. But you know, I think you make a good point. If more than 20 want to join, hooray for us! The more the merrier! That being said, if anyone wants to sign up for more than one slot, let me know! Sign-ups are wide open!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”