Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

EASTER SWAP! Closed.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
rosebud3

Re: EASTER SWAP! Blocks due to me April 30

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:42 pm

Thank you, Tina, for relaying the status. I figured with the electrical work that is going on at Mary Z's it would be tomorrow before I heard anything. I'm glad they made it.

Mary/Rosebud

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:40 am

I'm here! I'm here! Not sure for how long. Our electricians need to come back to finish the job but due to shortages, they aren't sure when. Today? Next week? They need a couple more parts/pieces. When they do return it's good-bye Power again.

So, since I had no internet and my phone was not responding well yesterday I took it for a ride to recharge it in the car and I picked up my mail and there were Mary Rose's blocks! That was fast, MR! And they are lovely! VERY Eastery! Thank you! You all will love these blocks!

Due to bad weather, worse fuel prices, etc, we've now cancelled all our camping days in March so just letting y'all know we're staying in town, close to our mailbox. Bill was crying about taking the trailer out of it's shelter and getting it dirty after he just spent two days washing it. :lol: So he's not too disappointed. We have 4 more days reserved Apr 18-22. We'll see how it goes then.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:52 am

Mary I don't expect the gas prices will drop by April. DH is taking our RV over to the Delta for 10 days late April. I told him just put in what he needs. Don't fill it. He has gas for the boat in gas cans, (not sure I like that idea) but gas out on the water is probably $8/gallon or more.

So looking forward to these blocks. I think the LQS has just the finishing fabric I need. There Easter fabric they got this year is just adorable.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:10 pm

I just finished my bunnies. They will be packaged up and in tomorrow's mail.

They have eyes and they have noses. I really think they are cute.
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:16 am

VAL, I hope prices stabilize so your hubby can get to the Delta and back OK and run his boat and enjoy it without fretting about each gallon spent. Sweet that you've already found the purrfect fabric to finish your quilt.

CHRISS - eyes and noses! Wonderful!! Now let's talk whiskers . . . . lol! I'll be on the lookout! You will soon earn a spool next to your name!

This swap is going quickly!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:04 am

Aargh, I didn't add whiskers. completely forgot and the box is sealed. They will be in today's mail providing my quilt meeting is over before the post office closes. Not sure of the post office hours.

I would love to have a spool next to my name.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:48 am

I guess I didn't think about bunnies having wiskers either. I will have to research this.

Maryz not sure what my plan for gas is. It went up another 20 cents overnight but I think the whole country is experiencing this. The bay area just has to be dramatic when it comes to gas prices. ⛽️

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:08 pm

Valerie, my plan for gas is to stay home. I even told my Medicare group that if it goes up 5 more cents I can't afford to come to their office. The .534 cents they pay per gallon won't fill my tank

Mary, my blocks are on their way. They should be there Tuesday. 9505514537012071430116

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:23 pm

Unfortunately, half my job is driving. Can't see patients if I don't drive. We get 0.58 per mile reimbursement, but it's retroactive.

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:28 am

Yeah! I finished my blocks. I'll get them in the mail this coming week.

Sorry about your camping trip, Mary. I'm shocked at how high the gas prices are. Highest in history. I still remember when I was growing up gas at 23 cents a gallon. Inflation is shocking with the price of gas, food tax, tax on everything. Crazy. Good thing I have all these wonderful Easter blocks to look forward to.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”