Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Lotto 2022 - January Winner posted!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Lotto 2022 - January Winner posted!

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:32 am

Me - 5 blocks
Maryz - 2 blocks
Teresa - 2 blocks
Lori - 2 blocks
Vel - 4 blocks
Sue - 14 minis
Kathy R - 3 blocks
Chriss - 3 blocks (fur babies now have a place to call their own)
Tina - 2 blocks
Maryq - 2 blocks
Lyn - 3 blocks

Welcome to Lotto 2022. The challenge this year is to rebuild this group with a goal to be able to send enough blocks out to a lucky winner for at least a lap size quilt. I know many of you pass these quilts on to a charity so I think it’s a important part of the forum.

It also gives you the opportunity to practice your ¼ inch seams, try new techniques (we will NOT be doing any Y seams! unless you choose them yourself) practice your color coordination (not my strength), make new friends while keeping your old ones. The list can go on forever. I want this to be a happy place while keeping ourselves a bit challenged. With no challenge, boredom sets in, at least for me.

I will keep the rules simple.
1. Blocks must be to my house by the last day of the month. If not, I must have at least a tracking number for you to be included in the drawing
2. Blocks must be made by a member of the forum (no fee to join so the more the merrier!)
3. Please use a good quality fabric. It does not have to be LQS but be sure to check and look through the fabric at other places (if you can see through it, please leave it at the shop)
4. Better yet, pull from your stash, I know you all have one. If you don't, I have plenty and will send to you. With postage going up and up and up, I don’t want you to spend $$ on lotto fabrics.
5. I will cover cost of mailing on to the winner for now. You can donate to the kitty but don’t feel you have to. I want to remove as many obstacles as I can.
6. Have fun! If you have questions along the way, remember the only silly one is the one not asked.

So how do we begin. Remember the saying, “It takes a Village”? I cannot rebuild Lotto on my own. So let’s start by building our Village. It will be called, Drumroll please! “El’s Angels Village”. (not very original yes, I know)

So let’s start by building our Village. Your assignment if you agree to accept it is:

Make as many or as few house blocks, barn blocks, churches, school house, firehouse or other buildings as you would like. Since you are the contractors (you don’t need a license here, just a sewing machine!) you will choose your own colors. Red barns are nice, but maybe a blue one fits you better. Firehouses are traditionally red, but can be yellow, green or orange, etc. Holiday fabric should probably be avoided for now. Backgrounds should be light colors such as creams, ecrus, light blues, pale yellows. Anything that will not steal the focus of your buildings. Blocks can be any size. Free patterns are all over the internet. Google Houses quilt block pattern, Pinterest, Moda has a pattern full of them. (Moda Be My Neighbor 2016 pattern is available at bearcreekquiltingcompany.com) The more blocks you send, the better your chances at winning. The winner can then decide how the village will be put together and therefore earn the title of “Honorary Mayor”. She or he can add trees, flowers, etc to fit the village together. I (or someone) will be drawing one name a month (unless I get a huge number of blocks) as I want the winner to be able to put a quilt together without having to make more blocks. You will get a ticket for every block you send.

If you have questions or need my address please PM me. I will post the blocks I have finished soon. They are on my phone and I am on my computer. If you have suggestions for blocks, please so not hesitate to send me a PM.

Note for February – Think LOVE!
Last edited by WeSignificant on Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:44 am, edited 14 times in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeSignificant

Re: Lotto 2022 - January

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:37 am

I have a couple more planned. Guess I need to take pic from a different angle.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:40 am

Val, what a fun concept! Being on the road right now may present a difficulty factor for me, but then again, maybe not. I'm going to put my thinking cap on. I already have a few ideas!

Thank you!!

mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:17 am

Great idea Valerie, it appears our sewing rooms have the same lighting.

Like Maryz, my thinking cap is buzzing too.
Psalm 91

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:33 am

Valerie, awesome! Love the El's Angels Village! Those are neat free Moda patterns, thanks! I'll be doing some construction here!
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:50 am

Thank you all for showing interest. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Yes Chriss, track lighting an it's all in the wrong places!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:40 pm

What a great idea Val. I'll make some blocks. Just need to find a pattern.
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:07 pm

Valerie

Sounds like a fun fun idea! As soon as I get home I'm going to start digging through scraps!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:03 am

What size are the blocks suppose to be.?

Lois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:27 am

Lois they can be any size you choose.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”