Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Opening Day! Update 5:07pm CST

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Secret Santa Opening Day! Update 5:07pm CST

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:12 pm

it really was very fun. you really had me fooled.
Exodus 33:14

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:16 pm

Womster aka Sharona was my SS and she truly spoiled me πŸ₯° lots of beautiful purple fabrics and civil war fat quarters . She sent me a herd of cute lil goats too 🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐 a beautiful table runner with goat fabric so sweet. Thread marking pencils and quilting template, devotional notepad clip board a cute wood teach paperweight πŸ₯°

I will try to get pictures posted tomorrow πŸ˜‰ my phone died and I have link saved on it lol.

Thank you again πŸ₯°. Thank you Mary for being great hostess πŸ₯° pass the wand to Tina she’s got this πŸ˜‰
🐐izzy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:20 pm

Hi everyone. The Zoom meeting was so fun!!!
My Secret Santa was Quilt mom/ Sherry. OMG!
Thank you sooooo much! I am still overwhelmed with all the special goodies. I feel like a child on Christmas morning. You have spoiled me, Big Time!
There are so many neat things. A special basket, jelly roll, charm pack, puzzle, wall placque, magazines, fabric, patterns, a special panel that I forgot to open up to show many many sayings especially for quilters. ( I need to take another picture). Pin cushion, small cutting mat, oh dear, can't forget those special quilter's socks! I know I forgot something. Oops, if I did. ☺️
Here is picture 1 of 3:

This second picture is the most beautiful panel I have ever seen!! I will enjoy making a special wall hanging with this. Thank you, Sherry! You are appreciated so much!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their gifts tonight.
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:25 pm

OK, who got the baby goat? Glad y'all had so much fun. I have enjoyed watching all the shenanigans!

javin22

Post by javin22 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:03 pm

I am so sorry I missed the zoom meeting. Having a sick day and forgotπŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«. I just now opened my package and my generous Santa was Judi . I am just floored with all the wonderful gifts. She really spoiled me. I got a beautiful panel with wildlife next to a snowy stream😍😍😍, a HUGE stack of fabric in my favorite colors 😁😁, three gorgeous lodge theme towels, and some cherry preserves from her state. She went to all the trouble to even pick a card out with a cabin scene on it, and also add a little card with each thing she picked out for me. 😁😁 Thank you so much Judi, I love everything. Merry Christmas. XO XO

javin22

Post by javin22 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:11 pm

javin22 wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:03 pm
I am so sorry I missed the zoom meeting. Having a sick day and forgotπŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«. I just now opened my package and my generous Santa was Judi . I am just floored with all the wonderful gifts. She really spoiled me. I got a beautiful panel with wildlife next to a snowy stream😍😍😍, a HUGE stack of fabric in my favorite colors 😁😁, three gorgeous lodge theme towels, and some cherry preserves from her state. She went to all the trouble to even pick a card out with a cabin scene on it, and also add a little card with each thing she picked out for me. 😁😁 Thank you so much Judi, I love everything. Merry Christmas. XO XO
I will see if I can post pics tomorrow
Last edited by javin22 on Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:09 am

Velda was my Santa and what A generous Santa she was! I couldn’t join the zoom opening party last night but when we got home from Dinner with our kids I opened my gift. Oh my! Where to begin!?

First there was a cover for a toss pillow. She obviously worked a long time on the intricate design. And three large mug rugs/table mats, all finished in retro trailer design. Plus the patterns to make more if I wish! They were two quilting books, one all fun Christmas which included the pattern for the cushion cover. The other was all various stars. A stack of five different Christmas fabrics plus some kitty cat fabric, a selection of fall fat quarters, and some RV and Texas-themed fabric scraps. In the notion department I found a seam ripper, cat head pins, tape measure,Four packages of black buttons in different sizes, two packages of white rick rack in different sizes, and a package of new Quilting pins. And for dessert, a bag of Ghirardelli raspberry dark chocolates. πŸ˜‹. And a card with a very nice note in it.

Thank you, Velda for everything. You went so over and beyond. I love you for it all! And sending prayers and good wishes with you today along with healing thoughts as you go for your cataract surgery. God bless!!

Mary Z

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:35 am

Wow, what generous Santa's we have. It was a great time. Hope more can join next year.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Re: Secret Santa Opening Day! Friday AM

Post by maryq » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:02 am

Good Morning Girls

Oh My gosh... that Zoom meeting was so fun... I'm just sorry I didn't get myself dolled up a little more! I did put on lipstick tho! SO fun to see faces to match with your names! So fun to watch you open gifts. Sorry some of you weren't able to join us... maybe next year we can plan a big zoom meeting across the country!

Here is a photo of Judi's Gift from Mary/Rose.

My SS Was Maryz... and like many of you, I feel totally spoiled! She sent me a huge bag of scraps of Hawaiin prints for a quilt I want to do of Shirts and Shorts (A Fatcat pattern) A quilt Puzzle, argyle sox, Chocolates, A cute little pin cushion to velcro to my machine, a DARLING Gnome Table runner pattern and kit, a little Gnome Doll, a yard of gorgeous blue fabric, a beautiful needle case for my embroidery needles (am taking it with me to AK to stitch while I'm there) And a few Redwork pattern books! IT won't all fit in the picture!!!

So, thank you Maryz for the wonderful package!! It was just so much fun to open and share with the gals on Zoom.

Thank you to ALLL of you who participated this year... Love you all

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:42 am

This was like my first SS swap. I've done one other years ago so how amazing you ladies are. I loved seeing everyone on Zoom and I wish I'd snapped a photo of all of us so I could remember each of you with your name. :) Lots of fun!

My SS was Kathy. She spoiled me with lots of fun quilting magazines, 2 quilt mystery books that I love to read, lots of fun fabrics, needles (which I can always use) and a kit she'd started! Thanks so much!
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

https://i.postimg.cc/T2yJk4k5/IMG-3638.jpg

Return to β€œSwaps, Round Robins, BOM”