Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Opening Day! Update 5:07pm CST

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
QuiltGram8

Re: Secret Santa Opening Day! Update 5:07pm CST

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:23 pm

Are you saying that we could open our box just before zoom?
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:45 pm

Lois and Sherry, can someone help you with zoom? I'd really like to see you both.

I'm going to do my best to be here. Today is dinner with the parents and I'm already behind.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:51 pm

I would say yes Vel
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:25 pm

Sure, if opening your box before Zoom would make it easier for you, please do so. As for the 5:07 CST, that was when Mary Q updated that Katy had received her package. This will be so much fun seeing everyone live.

Mary/Rosebud

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:51 pm

7 minutes till zoom! It's 4:51 here right now!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:56 pm

Zoom is open!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:20 pm

I couldn't sign in to zoom,,,but you probably would be scared to death at my hairdo today..I just came up from cleaning the basement. I want to take this opportunity to thank Mary/rosebud. She went above and beyond SS sending me 7 packages wrapped in even more fabric from misc cuts, 4x4s, 5x5s, to 10x10s. I will have so much fun using this fabric to make something special. I also got 5 quilting magazines and a lovely letter telling me about herself. I love it all. I am betting Mary has empty shelves in her sewing room since it is all here in mine. Thank you Maryxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:50 pm

My SS was Deb dsf618. She sent me a 12 x 5 inch art bin. Perfect for Rotary cutter markers things like that, Is a ballpoint bodkin which I desperately needed because the one I had disappeared, a kwik clip for fastening safety pins, 6 absolutely gorgeous fat quarters. 2 spools of thread, Is a pin and notepad a quilt pattern called Chianti from Villa Rosa designs (actually very close to where I live) A clip to hold things on the refrigerator, The November December McCall's magazine (I We'll be reading through that tonight, And another quilt pattern with the fabric it's from Thomas treasures called jungle fever. All Batiks. Very pretty. Thank you Deb! Excellent choices. I will try to post a picture by Saturday.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:56 pm

Zoom was so much fun, It was great to see you girls, hoping next year we can all do this again.

My Santa was Valerie. I have to say, I am completely shocked. She completely tricked me. I had no idea.
I received teasers from Ohio and Colorado. The SS gift had a return address that belonged to Tina. Let me first say that Tina is good at keeping a secret and adding to my confusion. My box contained some very cool things.
2 potholders in the shapes of leaves, 2 zippered project bags. Both made by Valerie. I love them both
A rotating mat. I have always wanted to try one, this will surely get used, I love it.
A wrist pin cushion, A pin tin that is magnetic and it has a beautiful butterfly on it. An adorable Gnome tree ornament, already on my tree. After Christmas it will hang in my sewing room with my other treasures.
A note pad that is already in my purse, just the other day I was thinking of buying one. A bird needle threader. I have seen these but wondered if they would work for hand sewing needles. I don’t need to wonder anymore, they do work.
Two yards of black solid fabric for my stain glass quilt, this is perfect because I will be using solid bright colors and it will be a wonderful contrast. And some white 5 inch charms, a mixture of 2 ½ inch charms and a huge bag of scraps so I can cut charms and strips till I drop.
Valerie, my jaw is on the floor. This was a fun SS gift and it kept me guessing. You really had me confused. Thankyou so very much for your thoughtfulness and your friendship. You are one of the blessings in my life.
God bless you my friend,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:16 pm

Chriss I am so happy you liked it all. It is so helpful to have friends in high places! Never could have pulled that off without them. It was so much fun!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”