Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Time for me to Step Down

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Time for me to Step Down

Post by TeresaK » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:56 pm

As in each stage of life there comes a time to, as Mary said, pass the baton on to someone new. With Rob's past 2 falls and my hips, it has made me a bit distracted and Valerie, being the wonderful nurse she is has seen it and heard it in our conversations. I had also become very saddened when there were just a few joining each month. I tried my best this year to make it as easy as possible for many to join each month but I could only do so much.

I had already begun over the last few months to ask a few Pals if they would like to take a turn as hostess but they said No. Then Valerie asked me this morning if I would like her to take back being the hostess. It was an answer to prayer. I had taken it over from her when she needed someone so I am happy to have her be the Hostess once again.

I hope you will support her like you did me in the beginning back in 2012. Next year would have been 10 years. I loved being your hostess. We have had a lot of great times. I have enjoyed it tremendously, more than words could explain. It gave me a purpose. This truly is a FUN place to go. To practice, learn and WIN blocks for a quilt to be loved and hugged. Can't get any better than that. The friendships that were made and the joy of playing with so many colors and fabrics. Through it all the most memorable times I have had was to be able to meet many of you on our trip in 2015. Those experiences along with the many blocks I still need to put together I will treasure for a long time.

I will still be around and I look forward to WINNING more Blocks for quilts but also getting to know many of you again.
Always keep your bobbin full and your foot on the peddle wherever you are.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you ALL!!!!!

WeSignificant

Re: Time for me to Step Down

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:07 am

Thank you Teresa for your heartfelt post. As life changes, we have to make adjustments to those changes. It is your time to care for yourselves. You are both so busy giving out to others that sometimes you forget about you. Stress and anxiety can make physical symptoms worse. Hoping you can relax and enjoy some time together. But Please please do not give my room away!

I am prepared to start Lotto in January. I am working on a plan that I hope will give this interchange some new life. Yes, we can only do so much. I think it is time to put a few new spins on this but we will start slow and make adjustments as events dictate.

So watch your calendars ladies. I will post January 2022 around December 27. I need to get a few blocks made up to post as samples. If you have requests for special blocks, techniques, or whatever please PM me. I do not necessarily post in Sew Ins everyday but I do visit the site frequently so will be able to get back to you promptly.

Wishing you and your family health, happiness, peace and prosperity this Christmas and in the coming New Year.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:48 am

Teresa I wish you luck and happiness as you move forward, concentrating on your and Rob‘s health. I appreciate your years of hosting.

Valerie, I’m excited to see what any changes you put into place once you take over the reins. Thank you for doing this!

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:21 am

Teresa, my wonderful Cotton Twin!
Thank you for the years of wonderful lottos you’ve provided us with… I have loved and enjoyed joining in when it has been possible for me to do so and I’ve been fortunate to win the most beautiful blocks a few times as well.
You’ve made it so fun for us all with your amazing energy, we’ve been lucky to have your talents and energy each month.
Now it’s time to take care of yourself and Rob ❤️❤️❤️
Thank you sew much for all you’ve done for us ❤️❤️❤️
Love and hugs dear Cotton Twin xxx

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:35 am

Thank you, Teresa for your many years of sharing your knowledge and fun spirit with us. I was so afraid that our dear Lotto was dwindling away....
Thank you so much, Valerie for steppy up to take the reins. Oh, yes, Teresa, you so deserve to relax and take good care of yourself and Rob. You are loved and appreciated, I hope you know that. Best wishes, my quilting friend.
And a great big HUG to you, Valerie.
I will stay tuned for your new ideas and what surprises you bring.
So glad, we will still be doing Lotto!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:18 pm

Teresa, thank you for years of fun. Sorry I couldn't participate more. This year has been a rough one.
Lori 8-)

patches4

Post by patches4 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:23 pm

Teresa, thanks for all your effort time patience love support over your ten years. You were so awesome determined conscientious responsible and then some. For a decade you persevered. Many kudos to you. I thank you from my self who followed you every month behind the scenes trying to build my skills. My lack of self confidence in my sewing prevented me from participating Andy sometimes the cost of passage was tight some months, but mostly I felt I was not good enough. I will continue to follow and participate when I feel confident. Thanks for a decade of excitement and good times.
Blessings, hugs and love
TinaB
Patches4

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:09 pm

TeresaK, I know I am new to the forum, but I know being a hostess is alot of work, I have enjoyed these last few months, wasn't sure what it was at first, lol, thank you for all your hard work, wow 10 years make me tired thinking about it, take care. KathyR

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:57 pm

Thank you all for the very kind words. IT was a pleasure walking you all through learning new blocks, playing with colors and different fabric lines, and having the opportunity to WIN!!!!
I love seeing the quilts many of you made over the years and in the past year of finishing them. I look forward to the new year making blocks, sewing some Lotto winnings together myself.
THANK YOU Valerie for picking up the Lotto Baton now. IT was a joy taking it over from you and I am happy and honored to give it back to you.

Now what will the NEW JANUARY BLOCK BE???????

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:04 am

I have a plan but waiting till after Christmas 🎄
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”