Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DECEMBER Lotto Block - 5"+ CHRISTMAS Charms and Coordinating colors

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

DECEMBER Lotto Block - 5"+ CHRISTMAS Charms and Coordinating colors

Post by TeresaK » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:10 pm

Hi Everyone -
So it looks like many don’t have winter type of Fabrics unless you go out and purchase them which is really not the essence of the Lotto. It is more to use fabric that you already have on hand in your stash. So I am changing the lotto to make it easier for you to join in and have some FUN.

BLOCK: 5”+ Charms

SIZE: 5+" (PLEASE make sure your blocks are 5" or a 1/8" over)

FABRICS: CHRISTMAS

MAILING - - - - * Please PM me if you DO NOT have my ADDRESS
* Mail blocks with a TRACKING NUMBER
* Blocks NEED to be IN MY MAILBOX by the LAST DAY of the MONTH
* Attach your Address/Name LABEL (Pinned/Stitched) to the upper FRONT corner of EACH block
* Send ALL blocks in one baggie
* Please send $2-3 to help send the WINNING Blocks to the WINNERs - YEA!!!

WAYS TO EARN TICKETS - - - - -
* 1 ticket = Sign-up anytime to show your interest
* 1 ticket = for each set of 4 - 5+" blocks
* 1 ticket = Share a "Winter" memory
* 1 ticket = if your NAME LABEL is on the FRONT top corner of the block
* 1 ticket = SEND NO MONEY!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS from the KITTY!!!!

TeresaK - 4 sets right now ...

I have more pictures but I need to be out the door at 7:30am and it is now 12:12am
Have a MAGNIFICENT MONDAY!!!!
Last edited by TeresaK on Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

TeresaK

Re: DECEMBER Lotto Block - 5"+ Charms in WINTER Blues, Grays, Whites PLUS a trickle of other colors

Post by TeresaK » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:24 am

I remember when we all got Aluminum Flying saucers for Christmas. We would wax them up mighty grand :) We lived on Jada Lane in Greenwich, CT that had a very sweet downward slope. We got so excited when the lane was plowed so we could start at the top and if you DARED you could go down the VERY STEEP driveway - WOOHOO!!!!!! BUT WOW you had better have your stirrups on as breaks or you would go down the hill and into the river - LOLOLOL!!!! Oh the joys of being a kid!!!

WeSignificant

Re: DECEMBER Lotto Block - 5"+ Charms in WINTER Blues, Grays, Whites PLUS a trickle of other colors

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:31 am

Please check your Facebook messages
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:06 am

I sent 10 sets.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:01 pm

WOW THA K YOU VALERIE!!!! I adore Tobert Kaufman’s Holiday Flourish Christmas fabrics. I always try to find them on sale. They will look beautiful in a Christmas quilt. Fingers crossed!!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:11 am

I will assume the Lotto responsibilities in January. Please if you wish to participate in December go ahead and send to Teresa. If no other participants, Teresa keep the sets I sent and have a wonderful Christmas and New year.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:25 pm

I always like to support Lotto when I can, but I won't be joining in December. I just don't have any appropriate fabrics to fit into this. It doesn't make any sense to me, to go out and make a special purchase in order to participate.
That is usually what happens when I feel I can't participate. I am not one of those quilters who has a large stash or reserves on hand. 😉
I find Lotto fun, when I can go through my leftovers or scraps and create a new block and learn a new way to make a popular block.
As an example:
Just yesterday, I saw a picture of a standard 4 patch turned into a neat twist with "snow ball" corners and what a neat new look to such a old fashion block. 🤗 Or like when we did a disappearing nine patch. Fun little techniques.

Wishing both Teresa and Valerie a fun month of transition.
Many, many hugs!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:03 am

Vel I sure appreciate your thoughts. I often don't have the fabrics either and then have to sit it out. I used to go purchase but found myself spending $40 or $50 as many places won't let you just buy a small amount. 1 yard min especially if on sale. So I have stopped doing that. I do plan to try and keep things simple and with fabric choices that most participants might have. I am always willing to send some also if needed. If you have a particular block or type of fabric you would like to try, please PM me.

For those looking for a heads up, Jan will be scrappy! Light backgrounds. You will be using your creative side.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:24 am

I agree, Velda, about when/if I participate in Lotto. I always try to work from my stash, It has to be a block that appeals to me, and I have to have the time. Being in our trailer until mid-February, I have very little fabric with me so might not be able to join in January as fun as it is already sounding. I know I don't have any fabrics for Dec on board. But I'm really happy to see that lotto will continue on!

mary z

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:26 am

Looks like I really goofed. I should have said Christmas instead of Winter.

I'm sorry this month is going to be quiet but I am glad that you all will be enjoying family and fun Christmassy festivites.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”