Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DECEMBER Lotto Block - 5"+ CHRISTMAS Charms and Coordinating colors

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: DECEMBER Lotto Block - 5"+ CHRISTMAS Charms and Coordinating colors

Post by TeresaK » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:27 pm

Hello all.
Back from Tuscan to see Mom. The last 2 Christmas quilts have been delivered - Hallelujah!!!! She was so appreciative that I quilted them for her. It was definitely a test to stay the course whether I lost sleep or not. Praise God He gave me the strength and a great hubby!!!!

Seems we are going out quietly this year. We came in quiet and now leave the same way.
Thatโ€™s OK.
Valerie I CC am mail your Charm pack to you but will wait u til the end of the month. I will keep the Charms I cut and use them with a Wi get Panel I picked up in AZ.

I have already been thinking about a block for January but then had to stop myself and wait for Valerie. I am eager to see what she chooses.

Have a very Merry Christmas in just 3 DAYS!!!!!

Wonder what Santa will bring you ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:08 pm

There is still a few more days to mail in any charms you would like to send if you post the tracking number.

I LOVE GETTING MAIL!!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:05 am

I am not sure what this sentence says?

Valerie I CC am mail your Charm pack to you but will wait u til the end of the month. I will keep the Charms I cut and use them with a Wi get Panel I picked up in AZ.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:09 pm

Hi Valerie
Oh my, Oh my, Oh my!!! I have no idea what that means so please disregard it. Some would say I have had one to many glasses of wine LOLOL!!!!!

Your Charm Pack yields 10 - 4 piece sets plus 2 charms
I have 12 sets of 4 cut for me. I will post a picture soon.

I don't think anyone is sending me any Charms this close to the end of the month. No has made any mention of it. If you would like me to wait until the last day of the year to have the WINNING Name pulled, I can.

Oh, Hand of the Picker PICK ME, PLEASE?????? I found the perfect Winter Panel to start a quilt with the Charms. Oh I am EXCITED but definitely want to be legal so I can sleep at night :) :) :)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:40 pm

Do whatever you are comfortable with
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:37 am

No time to cut squares, sorry to say, count me out.

Flo

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:18 pm

Totally understand Flo. It has been a crazy month. Just didnโ€™t quite pick the right theme which I am still bummed about.

Valerie I am totally comfortable with the last month being the same as my first month in 2012. I will put the tickets in the jar and have my neighbor pick the winner.

I also need to send you the Lotto Money the Kitty still has. Everyone has been so generous this year I was hoping to have been able to mail to a number of winners over the last many months.
It is hard to say goodbye as the hostess but I am excited for you as well. We have come full circle and I have loved every minute of my time here. Now I will love it as a player ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:07 pm

When I looked back in the past Lotto Block Postings I found there was one in 2007 using the Blue 5" Charms. There were 28 pals that sent them. This is why I chose this for this last month. Plus we have done it in the past with great success.
A HUGE Thank you to Valerie for sending me 10 sets of Winter Charms + 2. I LOVE the ones you chose.
I was the winner of this month and I know I will be using them soon to make a Winter Quilt remembering your kindness.

I will be sending you a "Thank You for taking the Lotto Over" treat along with the Lotto Money (check as you requested) in the beginning of the week.

I think you all for making these last almost 10 years the best. Now for new beginnings and to support Valerie. I LOVE LOTTO Blocks to make WINNING Quilts. Hope you all join in for the FUN!!!!

Return to โ€œSwaps, Round Robins, BOMโ€