Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Check In

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Secret Santa Check In

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:56 am

Yes Jana is in Utah but Utah is on I80 which makes it a high traveled route. I have heard Jana can be quite sneaky.

Chriss that would work except when you complete the label you only have till midnight to mail. I really think it's Tina. And FYI, I have never been a suspect in anything and all of a sudden, I am a suspect! Oh where are the quilt police!

Kathy, believe nothing these girls may tell you. Since we have to be good the rest of the year. We do all out lying in Dec. God forgives us! And so does Santa Claus!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:02 am

Anyone know where Katy lives? Is the package 📦 getting close?

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:19 am

Valerie I think Katy is in Tennessee.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:35 am

I think Katy is in Illinois but I'm not for sure. I hope it's Illinois, it's closer that Tennessee isn't it? I need a map 😂🤣😂🤣 it's been awhile since I did geography.
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:52 am

Katy lives in north/central/western Illinois. Remember Illinois is a long state. I think St Louis is our Regional sorting Hub. I bet her town Post Office won't get it until tomorrow.
I have been watching tracking, too. With Christmas deliveries, I knew it would get delayed. Even our mail man doesn't get here now until about 5pm. Used to deliver our mail around 1 pm.
Gosh, you all are the queens of curiosity now, aren't you?
I figure my elf already figured out who her Santa is. That's ok, as long as we/she don't open yet.
The labels always give the zip code where it was sent from. I think you can search the zip codes through Google.

So did the mystery of the package from MSQ get figured out? I must have missed that post!
I had three pages of comments to read and catch up.
What fun... Wonder if MaryQ has been reading all of the curiosity???

🎅🎁🎄🤗🎅🦌⛄
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:32 pm

Velda, nope haven't figured out thre MSQC mystery yet. I'll wait till opening day and see who my Santa is and then ask her.

I don't search up any info on my SS gift, I prefer to keep the surprise going until the end.
Is that just me? I really am a kid at heart 🎅🤶

I've been getting notices for about 2 months now from our bank, electric co, gas co, any bills letting us know that mail would be slower, not even counting the holidays. I guess they don't want anyone using the excuse it was the post offices fault when their payment doesn't make it before its late and they'll charge fees. I know things that are normally guaranteed 2 days are taking 5 to 6 days just with the regular slower time..... with the holidays I'm sure there's another day or 2 added. I'm just hoping this last package gets there on time now.

Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:43 pm

It looks like Missouri is right next to Illinois. I looked on the map so got my geography right time time! Hopefully by Thursday once it gets there and then post man has to deliver. It could be later at night that it's delivered. Mine comes at 10 pm some times.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:58 pm

Gosh Valerie, your postal guy works late! I don't think I've ever seen USPS people work past 5 here. We used to get our mail by 10am but we're now getting it at about 2, that's kinda normal for the holidays though.

Tina

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:05 pm

Hi Tina - They can't charge you late fees as long as your letter is postmarked before the due date. Found that out umpteen years ago when I was alone with 3 kids trying to survive and stay saine. Never had enough money for cigarettes or boos so that was a good thing. In spite of living in a halfway house with them they turned out very well. The only drawback is that Justin doesn't talk much and hates confrontations. His birthday lands on the company Christmas Party. WOW's Make a Mom Happy!!!

Katy's mail goes to Ellisville, IL.
I am surprised it has not gotten there yet. All my other packages have been arriving a day earlier than the date on the receipt. Yes I am sorry I mailed later. I thought mailing date was the 30th at the latest but I missed that by a couple of days. I am so sorry for the holdup. I should have made better notes on my Board. It has been a joy though reading all the postings here. You ladies crack me up and make me giggle and smile!!!!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:08 pm

Hey ladies, Maryrose and I always open together on a video chat and last year we talked about seeing if we could make it available for more to join in! I was talking to Valerie and she thought maybe a zoom link! Sooooo I'm going to ask my daughter if she can set me up with that. I have a zoom account but only to go on to others videos so I need to see if it's doable. If it is I'll post a link and anyone can join if they'd like. Just not sure about how it works if we don't have a for sure date yet. I'll let ya all know.
Tina

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”