Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

OCTOBER Lotto - 10in Log Cabin - 6.5in sq in corner - The WINNERs ARE

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
QuiltGram8

Re: OCTOBER Lotto - 10in Log Cabin with a 6.5in sq to start

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:55 pm

MaryGo, your blocks are adorable. I started working on mine today. I think your colors looks great to me.
I don't know what's up with Teresa, she usually jumps in here quickly to answer.
I hope she isn't having problems.
I think your 6 1/2" will be fine like they are. I will share pictures maybe tomorrow.
Hope we get more ladies posting some pictures soon.
Flo is in this month and I don't remember just who else. Oh, yes, Valerie. Hope we get more people interested. Let's pass the word around and get some more participants!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:05 pm

Vel sorry but I can't participate this month.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:47 pm

Looks like Teresa isn't getting many people this month. It's a busy one for me too. I know how life gets in the way sometimes.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:54 pm

Hi Vel:

Thanks! I really didn't think about changing the main block until I was already finished. I was "getting into" making the trees. Hopefully, it is not an oops moment. I just wonder what everyone else did. Yep, it looks as though there are not as many participants this time. I'm going to try to get them into the mail tomorrow. I only have a few more leaves to stitch down. If some of these aren't usable I guess I could make a few more??????

I know what you mean about everyone being busy this month. I have an appointment with my quilter on Tues. That is why I rushed to finish this commitment first.

Happy sewing!!

Mary Go

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:01 am

MaryGo - Love, Love your trees!!! Very creative and I will LOVE them when the hand of the Picker picks ME!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Velda - Very thrilled your thinking cap is on. Eager to see what your make. My outer strips are all the same on each block but no worries. I didn't mention it so I know your blocks will again find a PERFECT place and be very HAPPY!!!!!!

Off to have a Cancer node take off my leg. I have asked for this for a looooooong time. I knew something was wrong because it kept hurting to the touch. Ugh!!!! Be back soon!!!

HAPPY STITCHING!!!!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:44 am

Here's my 5 blocks. MaryGo, you were my inspiration with your beautiful trees.

Sorry Teresa about outer strips. I didn't understand about that. Hoped that variety was what you were looking for.

Oh yes, this would be a great month to be in the winner 🏆 circle. I can't wait to see more entries.
These go together so quick and easy. I know everyone is so busy, that's how it was with me. When I started to gather my fabrics, it was so fun!!
Cone on all you pals! Join, please! You might just be the lucky winner!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:07 pm

Hmmmm - I am not certain I understand about the last strips. All I can see are beautiful creative blocks!!!

I am EXCITED and definitely need to get going on the rest of mine but I am laid up for 48 hours from the surgery. I stitches are so close to the knee bending that he doesn't want me up and walking or bending it for fear the stitches will pop. Was more extensive than I thought it would be but I know all will be well after a few days of pain pills and antibiotics.

HAPPY STITCHING and LOVING the FALL weather!!!! Pictures please if you can send them to my phone. I LIVE Fall through the eyes of others :) :) :)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:05 am

My outer strips are all the same on each block but no worries. I didn't mention it so I know your blocks will again find a PERFECT place and be very HAPPY
Here is a copy of your post, Teresa. That's what I was talking about. I didn't keep the outer strips the same. I was trying to keep the blocks different.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:52 am

My blocks are on the way. I will watch tracking # to see that they get there safe and sound

9500 115 9877 1291 2945 84
HUGS, 💕 Vel

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:38 pm

Teresa:

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!!! I'm happy that you are taking care of it. Don't over do it.

I've been really busy this week but I decided to fix a few of my blocks to "change them up a bit". I just have several more to stitch down. Fingers crossed I'll ship them off tomorrow. I was able to get two quilts into the quilter yesterday. It feels good. One of them has been sitting around for about 4 years! Will post a photo when I get it back. Does anyone else dread making the back of a quilt? It is my least favorite thing to do.
After the front is done I'm just ready to move on to the next one.

Quiltgram8:
Lovely blocks. Yeah!!

MaryGo

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”