Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

UFO - September through December

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gershwin64

Re: UFO - September through December

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:16 am

Good morning! Love seeing all the pics! You all are on a roll!
Here's a pic of the stockings...5 I had started about 5 years ago. I had 1 that only needed the cuff and the other 4 just had the front of the stocking made. Well this project really grew and I added 10 more to the mix. The 5 original ones have the names Easton, Preston, Dad, Gramma and Papa on them.
Do they count? They were all quilted LOL
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:23 am

Oh sure, that's a big project to get all those done, I am taking my binding to Free Sew today to see if I can get it done! Will post if I do.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:39 am

Valerie, I hope you get it done! It's a great feeling! I finished this and another one, gotta get a pic taken, at 11:38 last night! This one has been being saved and gathered for several years.... when we did the blue Christmas blocks swap. I didn't have enough so I made more blocks along the way plus had some more given to me and I now have it ready to give for Christmas! This one is going to Kevin and Maria ❤🎅🤶 it's a queen size and I made pillowcases to go with it.
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gershwin64 on Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:46 am

This one I started 2 years ago and finally got it finished last month..... forgot to post pics because of being Santa's workshop around here LOL
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:14 am

Here are the aprons I started last year but didn't get finished. I finished 1 last year for our DDIL and gave it to her last Christmas.
These emptied out my small Christmas projects tote except for some very detailed applique placemats..... they won't be finished this year LOL
These aprons are reversible, they were a kit from CT and I added the embroidered names and also lined the pockets on all but mine. I started with mine but when I got past the pockets I decided I didn't like them not lined and finished so the plan was to line the pockets in everyone else's..... you know those best laid plans LOL they all got lined but all but the 1 got set aside and didn't get anymore until now.
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:24 am

This is the other Christmas quilt finished! It's a huge king size. It was also finished last night. I've been saving Christmas swap blocks for several years and also was given some this year which made doing this one a possibility for this Christmas! I've also had a stash of border fabrics to use in these 2 quilts that I started buying years ago for when I had enough blocks.... My kids kept trying to take my Christmas quilt every Christmas so now they have their own 🥰🎅🤶
I made matching pillowcases also for them both.
Tina

With all this Christmas sewing my big Christmas tote that was sooooo full the lid wouldn't close and was stacked almost a foot higher than the tote is now less than half full and the lid is on it and clicked shut! LOL it's a great feeling to get these finished after planning and gathering for so many years!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:42 am

The label to the king sized one.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:35 am

Oh my gosh Tina! Great finishes. I will update this when I get home from free sew.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:20 am

Latest numbers

Nov 7 Snowman quilt Izzy
Nov 8 Double Wedding Ring Maryz
Nov 8 Sew a long quilt Maryz
Dec 3 Wall hanging and placemats Izzy
Dec 20 Kokopeli Izzy
Dec 21 LOTR Maryz
Dec 22 15 Stockings! Tina
Dec 22 Blue Christmas Tina
Dec 22 Scrappy Squares Tina
Dec 22 King Christmas Tina

Well seems as though Tina has pulled into the lead! Just a few more days. For participation prize I have the following people who have posted. Please let me know if I forgot you.

Izzy Total completed 19
Tina Total completed 9
Maryz Total completed 10
Maryq Total completed 18
Me Total completed 5 (maybe one more!)

Ladies that is 61 finished quilts!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:02 am

Wow we have been busy for sure
🐐izzy

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”