Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

September LOTTO - 8" Pinwheels - CONGRATULATIONS to ...

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
FlorenceM

Re: September LOTTO - 7.5" Pinwheels - School is back

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:51 am

O will try to do a few.

Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:27 am

I have sent a text to Teresa to tell us which way she wants our pinwheels layed. We have to all do them the same, or they won't go together right. As in her picture, the colored appears to be on the left. I had my first block sewn and discovered that mine was on the right side.
I am stopping now until we get our leader to tell us. I don't like to unsew, so I will just wait and see.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:47 am

Katy - Your health is always more important. You have been a great supporter of the Lotto but now is the time to take care of your back. I know how hard it can be to sew when your back is screaming.

Velda - When you lay out your HSTs the left block will have the colored section pointing up to the right top corner. Then turn your other 3 sections to make the Pinwheel block. Look at the lower right blue block in the picture.

WELCOME to Flo, MaryGo and KATHY (Tina's SIL) I LOVE NEWBIE's joining and Oldies coming to the LOTTO!!!!!! I have no doubts you will all enjoy stitching together some delightful blocks.

Flo - WELCOME Back. I know life has been seriously busy with working on renovating the home so it is great to have you joining us again.

Kathy - Wonderful question!!!! I LOVE making or collecting HST's when I have fabric left over from a previous project or I have gone to a yard sale that has some. I am eager to see what you are sending me. I know they will be delightful!!! I PM'd you my address :) :) :)

MaryGo - Some FABulous questions as a Newbie. I LOVE Newbie's. So to answer them ...
* The background will be White with a White quiet design. No Solids for this one. If I had thought just one more minute ... this one would have been great using solids. Why did I say Off White? Because it is very hard to tell if you have a true WoW or if it is a little off. So please use as close to a WoW as you can.

* Yes you are right. The blocks you will be sending me are 8" Unfinished blocks. I'm sorry for the confusion. I was under the gun to complete the Christmas blocks in the mail and hadn't made mine yet. Had I, I would have seen this.

* I LOVE this quilt the minute I saw it. It is a more contemporary. Has some FUN Colors in it. Perfect for the End of Summer. I am thrilled you love this project it also. I also know what you mean about assembling the quilt and about everyone's different 1/4" seams. The only seams you need to connect this month will be when you stitch the 4 HSTs together and connecting 4 of the blocks together that will make a bigger HST. FUN!!!! Otherwise this will be a great quilt to put together.

WELCOME TO THE LOTTO - FLO, MARY and KATHY!!!!!

and a HUGE THANK YOU to VELDA for helping answer questions and asking questions!

MaryGoRound

Re: September LOTTO - Send 8" Pinwheels - School is back

Post by MaryGoRound » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:31 pm

I put mine together like the photo in the Etsy link. I sure hope this is correct because I did too many to rip.
Fingers crossed.

MaryGo

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:47 pm

I couldn't figure out how to post both photos. These aren't pressed yet!

MaryGo

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:55 pm

PERFECT MaryGo!!!! PERFECT!!! LOVE the Fabrics, both colors and Background and your Points!!!!
Now the trick is can you get the pinwheel on the back of the block the way Eleanor does.
She is such an awesome teacher :D :D :D

Hope this puts everyone on a fast track to FUN! FUN! FUN!!! and EAGER to WIN!!!!

WHO WANTS TO WIN????

I am off to sewing up some blocks for me after I move some things back so I can find my sewing machine. Had a major cleaning yesterday. Way to much DUST!!!! My allergies were going NUTS!!!

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:17 pm

Hello Everyone:

I upped my HST's to 5 inches. My practice one cut it a bit too close for comfort. I must have fat 1/4" seams! I'm not very good at the scant seam. If you haven't started yet, you might want to do a test run.

I'm glad you like the fabric. I have some cute rose pink open circle dots that I'm working on now. I gave the colors a lot of thought and tried to pick fabrics that went together. I'll check into the "spin" on the back.

MaryGo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:21 pm

I end up with a hair or "skosh", as El says it, over the 8". Teresa, you are right cut as 4 3/4" gives you the wiggle room we need.

Marygo:. You did terrific! I love your colors.
Now, back to my sewing.

Teresa: Thank you for getting me on the right path. So much fun! Might have to make a few more. Found some leftovers to use.

Hope a bunch more pals will join us this month!!!

I didn't do quite this good on ALL of mine, but fun to try.

This is my other WOW. A little bit off white, but close.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:34 pm

Sign me up.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:32 pm

WELCOME Back Valerie. Thrilled you will be joining us also and thrilled to see you this weekend! We will definitely enjoy sewing and chatting together :) :)

Velda - You are most welcome. Between the two of us we both got it on track for everyone. Terrific pinwheel on the back. LOVE the Flowers!!!!

**** The trick to getting a good point on the front is when you are sewing both sides together have the top seam facing up and the back seam facing down.

MaryGo!!!! PERFECT!!! LOVE the Fabrics, both colors and Background and your Points!!!!
Now the trick is can you get the pinwheel on the back of the block the way Eleanor does.
She is such an awesome teacher :D :D :D
I am CURIOUS. What size did you cut your block. 4 5/8" or 4.75"

Hope this puts everyone on a fast track to FUN! FUN! FUN!!! and EAGER to WIN!!!!

WHO WANTS TO WIN????

I am off to sewing up some blocks for me after I move some things back so I can find my sewing machine. Had a major cleaning yesterday. Way to much DUST!!!! My allergies were going NUTS!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”