Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

September LOTTO - 8" Pinwheels - CONGRATULATIONS to ...

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: September LOTTO - Send 8" Pinwheels - School is back

Post by TeresaK » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:24 am

HELLO ALL -
Velda - Thank you. We always have a great time :D and yes your very safe and sound blocks arrived on that day and I opened to such delightful blocks or did Valerie. It was a whirlwind day. My favorite ones are the blue with the tiny triangles. Would go very nicely in my quilt should I be a Winner :D :shock: :D :shock: :D THANK YOU for joining us. ALways a pleasure!!!

MaryGo - I am blown away, speechless, amazed, excited, etc ... What a SURPRISE to open your package and not only see ALL your blocks but LOVED the write up on ALL the tickets you will receive. LOVE IT!!!!
Why did my eyes go WOW - WOW - WOW???? "25" BLOCKS!!!!!! I don't think in all my 9 yrs of being the hostess has anyone sent that many blocks - WOW!!!! Great fabrics!! ToT's, flowers that will go with any of the other blocks I have playing around in the other room. HUGE THANK YOU for your generosity!!!! Sure does look like you want to WIN!!!!

SO FAR WE HAVE - WOOHOO!!!!!!
TeresaK - Teresa ... 8 blocks
WeSignificant - Valerie ... 8 blks
QuiltGram8 - Velda ... 12 blks
keremondini - Kathy ... 8 blks
MaryGoRound - MaryGo ... 25 blks ............. 61 blks so far

Plenty of time for Maryq and Flo to send some blocks and join the group of FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!

TeresaK

Re: September LOTTO - Send 8" Pinwheels - School is back - Added Question

Post by TeresaK » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:57 am

So to spice things up a bit I was wondering ...
ENQUIRING minds would LOVE to know :) :) :)

IF YOU WERE TO WIN - WHAT WOULD YOU MAKE?
Lap Quilt, tote bag, table runner, bed runner, sewing machine cover, ect ...

I remember years ago when Oasis - Linda made a delightful bag using her Disappearing 9-Patch Fall blocks and sent it to me. I use it all the time!!

If my memory is correct - Velda made me a wonderful pillow that is ALWAYS on my sofa for nap time.

Simple things to bring joy to a pals life.

I look forward to hwaring more from you as it is GETTING CLOSER to PICKING TIME!!!!

QuiltGram8

Re: September LOTTO - Send 8" Pinwheels - School is back - Added Question

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:47 am

WOW, WOW, WOW! 61 Blocks??? Teresa, is this a record?
MaryGo, you are special!!! I hope all those tickets will bring you special luck.
Asking what will we make? Well let's think about that.
I am needing some new placemats for my little table. I could change the seasons with my border fabrics. Pondering....
Never thought about a machine cover since I normally just use the cover that came with the machine, but I have a thread rack that I put on when sewing with the bigger spools. Now that I can keep my machine up( set up) all the time, to use my regular cover, I have to remove the thread rack. Thinking I could stich a dust cover big enough to fit over the whole set up. Great idea, Teresa
Hope to see more ideas shared.
I like to make table runners for gifts, too. One time I was lucky to win patriotic blocks. I made 4 table runners for myself, two sisters, and a friend. It always pleases me to see them being used, when I visit.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

maryq

Re: September LOTTO - Send 8" Pinwheels - What would you do with your WINNING Blks

Post by maryq » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:30 am

My blocks are on the way!!

I have the tracking number somewhere... probably in a pants pocket! :lol: :lol:

WeSignificant

Re: September LOTTO - Send 8" Pinwheels - What would you do with your WINNING Blks

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:08 am

A few more blocks even without sashing would make a nice lap quilt.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:49 pm

YEA MARY!!!!! Whew!!! Was hoping you would join us this month!!!! Will keep my eyes open for them for sure. Home everyday this week except Wednesday. Down in LA for Dr. Appt.

We will loose FLO this month. She is on the East coast plus still working hard on renovating and now doing the finishing work on the kids house. What GREAT parents they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have mine finished. LOVE chain piecing!!! Here is a picture.

Valerie - You are so RIGHT!!!! You could even add triangles to the edges to make a much bigger block. Turn them on Point and WOWsers!!!

WE ARE SEW CLOSE to the END of the MONTH!!!!!!!!! Because of how many blocks we have (not sure how many Maryq is sending) and taking into consideration the size of the block itself and the many different ways the winners can use them (see comment to Valerie) I have decided to CHOOSE "2" WINNERs - WooHoo!!!!
WHO REEEEEEEEEEEALY WANTs to WIN, WIN, WIN!!!!! I always do LOLOLOLOLO and I know Velda does. From the amount to blocks that MaryGo sent I do believe she DOES!!!! Oh mighty hand of the Picker, WHO WILL IT BE??????Image

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:47 am

Hello Everyone:

I'm just checking in. I was taking a little break last week. Well, actually recovering from finishing a rush baby quilt. The pattern was a bit more complicated than expected! It was a mid-century pattern called Atomic Starburst. This would make up nicely in vintage Christmas fabric. If you google it you will see some beautiful color combinations. It was interesting to make as it included one star block that was foundation paper pieced. It was quite fun once I got my head wrapped around the process. I'm anxious to try this method on flying geese to see if it works.

I'm glad that you are choosing two winners! After I cut my 5 inch strips from several fabrics I just got on a roll and kept going until the strips were used up. It was such an easy fun block! If I were to win I would like to make a baby quilt out of the blocks. I've decided to make a few to keep in stock as gifts. That rushing thing is for the birds! LOL

Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Go
California

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:36 am

WOW - MaryGo!!! I LOVE that quilt. Have had my eye on it ever since I saw it one of the Row by Row shops years ago. I would LOVE to see a picture of yours. I also know what you mean of being on a roll when you find an easy quilt block to make. It is always great to have Baby Quilts on hand. I have been caught a couple of times with out one or one that is the wrong genre.

Maryq - Your delightful blocks arrived today. You are to FUNNY!!!! I am always finding $ in pockets when the season changes. I always get excited and think "I'm rich!!!" It is also amazing what we find when we pick up a little now and then. I thought a laundry basket just had batting in it. NOPE!!!!! It had the books I was looking for from Eleanor and Christmas fabric I wondered where it had gone. Now there are 3 empty laundry baskets in the garage - My husband is OVERJOYED!!!!! LOLOLOL

A couple more days for any surprise blocks to arrive and then the Hand of the Picker will pick the WINNERS!!! WooHoo!!!

QuiltGram8

Re: September LOTTO - 8" Pinwheels - CONGRATULATIONS to ...

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:34 am

Congratulations to MaryGo and Maryq!!
Yippee!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Re: September LOTTO - 8" Pinwheels - CONGRATULATIONS to ...

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:55 am

Way to go Mary's!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”