Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

September LOTTO - 8" Pinwheels - CONGRATULATIONS to ...

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

September LOTTO - 8" Pinwheels - CONGRATULATIONS to ...

Post by TeresaK » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:59 pm

WOW THANK YOU sew much for making this a FABulous month. So many Pals that came to play with so many colors and fabrics to make this Pinwheel. They will make delightfully wonderful gifts. What will it be??? Quilt for a friend, family; bag, table runner, bed runner, sewing machine cover, ect ... :) :) :)
Oh the list has endless possibilities!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS go to the MARY's!!!!!!
MaryGo and Maryq

Eager to see what your creations!!!

***************************************************************************************************************
Hello Everyone. WELCOME to our End of Summer and start of Fall and Winter journey of the Lotto!!!! For many years now I have always said that the Lotto is about FUN, Sharing, Giving and Learning a new block or enjoying an old one. MARYq reminds us all when she said it perfectly in her SS Posting. Christmas is about Love, Sharing and Giving with full hearts. This Spirit of Christmas continues all year long through the Monthly Lotto when you join us by sharing your love and gift of choosing colors, fabrics and enjoying stitching blocks for the winner's hoping you might be one of them.

I am hoping that this month we will not need to cancel. I have chosen a very easy block that will make delightful quilts for EVERYONE. I quilted this style of quilt for a friend that won 1st place because of the applique borders she added. I hope you enjoy making some blocks and sharing in the Spirit of the Lotto ...

BLOCK: Cut 2 colored and 2 White or off white - 4 5/8" squares of each color. (I cut mine at 4.75" to be sure I was over a tick) Draw line diagonally from corner to corner. Sew Scant 1/4" on both sides of line. Cut in half. Press. Make Pinwheel checking for correct size and point in the middle. DO NOT SQUARE. The Winner's will Square them.

**** The trick to getting a good point on the front is when you are sewing both sides together have the top seam facing up and the back seam facing down.

PLACEMENT: THANK YOU Velda for sending me your delightful picture!!! LOVE the fabrics!!!
Use this block for your placements of the HSTs showing you will be sending me an 8" square so please watch your 1/4" seams. Don't go to big.Image

FABRICS: WoWs, Off White, Prints, TOT's with pattern showing, Polka Dots, Stripes cut on lines, Flowers, etc…. Oh my the list is endless ... Lots of varieties :) MEDIUM Hues. Please not to dark or to light. (see picture for suggestions)

COLORs: Think HAPPY End of SUMMER!!! Pair a WoW, off White with a colored Fabric. Red, Yellow, Green's and Blue's but then there are Purples, Oranges, Rose and so many others that the kids use when they draw. Think of a Field of Flowers :) :) :)[url=https://postimages.org/]Image

When clicking on this link it will show you where I saw the quilt and what other colors she used. Just PLEASE No Dark colors or Solids https://www.etsy.com/listing/894023358/ ... 3358&frs=1

MAILING - - - - Blocks NEED to be IN MY MAILBOX by the LAST DAY of the MONTH
* Please PM me if you DO NOT have my ADDRESS
* Attach your name label to the upper FRONT corner of EACH block pinned or stitched on the corner.
* Send ALL blocks in one baggie
* Mail blocks with a TRACKING # as soon as possible.
* Please send $2-3 to help send the WINNING Blocks to the WINNERs - YEA!!!

WAYS TO EARN TICKETS - - - - -
* 1 ticket = Sign-up anytime to show your interest
* 1 ticket = for each 8" block I receive
* 4 EXTRA = if you send more than 8 blocks (these are easy fast blocks)
* 1 ticket = if your NAME is on the FRONT top corner of the block or the set of blocks
* 1 ticket = if you have added money to your bag. (Please remember to do this as the Kitty is very LOW)

Happy Stitching!!!!
ARRIVED - - -
TeresaK - Teresa ... 8 blocks
WeSignificant - Valerie ... 8 blks
QuiltGram8 - Velda ... 12 blks
keremondini - Kathy ... 8 blks
MaryGoRound - MaryGo ... 25 blks
MARYq - Mary … 6 blks ......……..... 66 TOTAL
Last edited by TeresaK on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 37 times in total.

QuiltGram8

Re: September LOTTO - 7.5" Pinwheels - School is back

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:54 am

Teresa, I just reviewed your directions. I think you meant for us to cut 2 color squares and 2 White or off white. When we sew on each side of diagonal line and cut, we should get two HST blocks from each. We need 4 HSTs for each pinwheel. Am I thinking this right, or have I been assembling too much furniture and my brain is wore out. LOL
Please correct me if I am reading this wrong.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:28 am

Hi Velda - You are right. My mind gets muddled when I do the write up late at night.
Thank you for catching that :) :) Eager to see your block :) :)

I was going to make more of my own but Christmas Blocks Rule at the moment :) :)
Last edited by TeresaK on Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:38 am

Teresa I would like to do some but need to see whats going to happen with the Dr I am seeing . If possible I will let you know.
Katy

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:43 am

Teresa, I have some HST from a quilt I was making, so I can easily put them together for the pinwheel, could you PM me your address, I haven't quite figured out how to do that, guess I need to go see Tina again, lol. Thanks Kathy, Tina's SIL

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:38 pm

Teresa:

Questions/comments:

Are you wanting white on white or off white? I was thinking it should be one or the other (unless I'm confused). Can the background be a solid or do you want a print?

Also, not to be a pain but... can we request quilt store quality fabric? Chain store fabrics just don't hold up the same. It is a lot of $$ tied up in having them quilted not to mention our time. It is easy to find quality fabric on sale. Quilt in a Day has tons of it.

I'm getting a slightly more contemporary vibe from the photo am I correct?

I love this project. I like that we don't really have to match seams when connecting the blocks.
Sometimes assembly is hard because everyone has different quarter inch seam.

Please let me know your thoughts.

MaryGO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:49 pm

Teresa: sewing room is not totally done, but I will be joining for sure. Going to give it a go next week.
My blocks will have WOW or TOT for background. Teresa doesn't want solids, so my white as a white design in it.
I have some yellow and blue I think for others.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:54 pm

O.K. for the WOW background! Since the blocks are 7.5" finished, the blocks that we should submit are to be 8 plus inches?

Thanks,
MaryGo

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:11 pm

Teresa:

What is the due date of these blocks? I must need more coffee. Also, I will need your mailing address.

Thanks,
MaryGo

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:25 am

I've been busy making my blocks. How many people are signing up? I'll need a mailing address when you get a chance. Hope everyone is having a nice Labor Day!

MaryGo
California

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”