Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

September LOTTO - 8" Pinwheels - CONGRATULATIONS to ...

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
MaryGoRound

Re: September LOTTO - Send 8" Pinwheels - School is back

Post by MaryGoRound » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:16 am

Hi Teresa:

I originally cut mine at 4.75 inches. I for sure did a fat 1/4 seam. I have a guide on my 1/4 Juki foot and I just run with that. The practice one came out to an ALMOST perfect 8 inches but it stressed me out that some may come out too close. I didn't have that "little bit extra". I like to sew fast and I would have had to slow down and think too much. LOL. I don't think your measurements were off if I were not so attached to my guided foot. It is like the training wheels on a bike!

Oh, I just finished up the pressing and I added the El's famous swirl on the back. I'm attaching my labels today and then I'll be ready to ship. Please send me your address when you get a moment. Thanks!

To everyone else...happy sewing.

MaryGo
California

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:02 am

WOW you are definitely quick. Thrilled you loved making these blocks!!!
Will send you my addy

I am attached to my Janome 6600. She is definitely a workhorse and has been faithful for the last 15yrs. I have a wonderful guy that checks get out every once in a while otherwise definitely no complaints. One of the reasons I live her is that I can move the needle over and sew a tick under 1/4”. A lot also depends on what I am sewing and the heaviness of my thread.
I have much good news about Yuki’s and again I am thrilled to have you join in for the FUN.
Prayers the Hands of the Picker finds your ticket 🎟!!!!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:15 am

I thought you traded the 6600 in?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:10 pm

Janome is a good machine! I've had a few sewing machines through the years. My first one was a Bernina. My mother was a H.S. teacher and they were upgrading machines and she got it for $100. That was in the early 70's. I loved that they taught sewing back in the day. I still have that machine. I think it was in the shop once in all of these years. It sews through ANYTHING.

My favorite (for piecing) is the Juki 2010Q. The two best features are the automatic cutter and the fact that it DOESN'T pull your fabric into the throat!!!!! There isn't a need for a leader. That was huge in my book. It is also a fast machine if you feel the need for speed. You can't move the needle position (you have to move the fabric) and it only has a straight stitch. I was having trouble with accuracy because some of my other machines had a snap-on foot. I felt like they had too much play (side to side). My accuracy greatly improved using this machine.

I know what you mean about the thread thickness. I recently found a "piecing needle" that I find helpful. After expanding into quilting I was VERY quickly humbled. There is a lot of talent out there! It is so fun to share the journey and to be inspired along the way.

MaryGo
Last edited by MaryGoRound on Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:22 pm

TeresaK, I got your PM with your address, thanks. I got my squares done, the Eli swirl is not easy, so of my center look good, but some not so good, lol. I guess it takes practice. Kathy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:03 pm

My blocks are finished. Now I have to label and get them ready to mail.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:21 pm

Vel:
Beautiful job. The blues and yellows are lovely!

MaryGo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:49 pm

I can't resist: we used to do some fun poems.
I am not very good, but here goes anyway. πŸ€”πŸ˜œβ˜ΊοΈπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰
##########
Hey,there,quilting pals, can you see the PINWHEELS spinning??
Do you know you can stitch up a few and just that easy be in the WINNING??
Look at all the colors: yellow, orange, green, and blue.
Yes, pals....the winner might be you!!!
#############
Now who feels lucky? Who wants to win?

There is still lots of time to check your stash and send in your blocks.

Good luck everyone!!!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:46 am

Oh Velda - Beautiful block with a BRILLIANT poem!!! Oh you have inspired me to put my Poem cap on and come up with one. Do you know they make a dictionary for rhyming words??? I was looking for an easier pattern for my Halloween block as I just found out that I need to replace 3 Christmas blocks by tomorrow before the PO closes plus 17 Halloween blocks by Oct 1st and came upon it. How cool it was to see this book. Definitely made me SMILE!!!!!

HAPPY STITCHING EVERYONE!!!!

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:39 am

Velda, that poem was creative!

Teresa, I still need to get your mailing address. Are you going to private message it?

Thanks!!
MaryGo

Return to β€œSwaps, Round Robins, BOM”