Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2021 Secret Santa HINTS

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
womster

Re: 2021 Secret Santa HINTS

Post by womster » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:14 am

Name: Sharon

My favorite colors are:

Blues, purples and creams.

Around my house you will see
: creams, browns, reds

One Project I have In mind is: none for next year – my plan is to finish up all my UFOs and craft kits I’ve purchased in prior years.

I need the pattern for it No

It's in these colors:
Any – doesn’t matter. I LOVE frosts and glitters, so if you want to get them out of your stash, they will be welcome here.

(To give your Santa another option)
a table runner.

Like others have said - I would love if my Santa didn't have to spend any money and was able to shop from the Santa stash

Other Misc info: My goals for 2022. Finish up ALL my UFOs. I'm going to go write them down and then put them all in an excel spreadsheet. Ugh.
Last edited by womster on Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:40 am

Hello 👋 I'm Lois,

My favorite colors are most except neons.

Around my house are earth tones.

I have no projects in mind at the moment as I bought alot of projects with the fabric due to the pandemic :lol:

However if you have some creams and diffrent greens and grays I would love some
as I do alot of applique of corse in scraps.
Also if you have some tone on tones I would enjoy them.

Another option please don't spend $$ we don't want to make the post office rich Just shop your scraps.

For as far as next year goes I will take it 1 step at a time I Love that I started doing craft shows with my daughter Sandi and Dgd Olivia
We have lots of fun and even if we don't sell 1 thing the day is always priceless.

Well thats it .
Lois
Last edited by fabricgirl on Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:02 am

HI Name Katy
The colors I really need this year are Purple and teal. I could also use some 30's fabric. I plan on making the new Jennifer Chiaverini Book Harriets Journey. All 6.5 inch blocks . I want to make in thirties. I have the book. The purple and teal or aqua is for a star quilt I found on line.

Around my house are country colors. Blue rose and green. I have hummingbirds all over too. Inside and out. And of course my three cats. I could use a helper to straighten out my sewing room. I guess thats asking too much. LOL My living room has Hydranges for spring and summer. A wreath and a wall hanging. I could use a table runner if you have hydrangea fabric.

Another suggestion for Santa is
I would like to have 4 turkey placemats The ones made with dresdon plate tails. I do not have the pattern and do not seem to have the time to make them. Fall colors would be nice. Anything you would like to surprise me with. Or another table topper. The ones I have received in the past I put to use. I would also love it if my Santa went shopping in her sewing room.

Plans for next year. LOl I have no idea I am a fly by the seat of your pants kind of girl. Probably a lot of gardening. I have a couple of unfinished projects I need to get done. I also plan to keep getting rid of old stuff. Declutter 2022 is my theme. This will include my sewing room.

I have a confession to make I have been shopping for my Elf all year. But I promise it will all come out of my sewing room.
Last edited by mepeace2 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:22 am

Name: Beverly

My favorite colors are: Earth tones. Blue, Green.

Around my house you will see: all kinds of art and animals. My girls & I do oil painting and pastel work. Upstairs my living room is earth tones of green, oak floors, and black. My kitchen & bedroom have oak furniture so I usually switch out different colors for bedding etc I love most colors, but my daughter was born on Halloween so it's a big deal at my house. Love holiday themes.

You'll never see: Really bright colors or modern themes.

One Project In Mind I have is: I'd love to make or get table top themes for the holidays. Christmas would be fun fall, valentines or patriotic. I have a lot of UFO"s I'm wanting to finish. Slowly getting backing fabric to finish them.

I need the pattern for it yes____
It's in these colors:_reds, greens, whites for Christmas. Valentines: red, white, pink. Patriotic: Red, White, Blue. Fall: any fun fall colors.

(To give your Santa another option)
Sewing needles. I don't have many rulers so if you have an extra I'd love one. (Don't go out & buy one though)
I'd love more background fabric like white or beige fabric.

Other Misc info:

Please write a little paragraph about your plans for the next year as far as what you would like to accomplish. I have a bunch of UFO's. I'm working on getting the backing etc to finish them. Updated my longarm so re-learning the program. Lots of fun. I really need to de-clutter too.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:01 pm

Name:_Mary_Rosebud3_

You will never see:__It would be better if I stick to the old adage, "Never say never". As soon as I say you would never see something in my house or sewing room, something would change, and that very thing would show up, LOL. What you will see are Native American fans, shields, spears, oak desks and cabinetry, sepia paintings of bluffs and canyons, sage green walls, brown furniture, beige carpet. Everything is very eclectic and no specific "style".__

One Project In Mind I have is:_Quick Trip Quilt ___ I actually have three projects that come to mind when asked what projects I want to do next. The second is Day and Night. the third is Radiant Star.

I need the pattern for it: yes___ no __x__

It's in these colors:___Any colors you might have in your stash. _I like all colors in the right setting. Some of my favorites are teal, blue, orange, burgundy, purple/lavender, and green. (colors of spring and fall) Fabrics I like are Batiks, grunge, floral (I think the little floral is a thirties print Can't remember for sure).

I could use this ruler/template:__None needed___

Another option would be:__Perhaps something you have made. It would be nice to see my Santa share without having to spend money to have a nice heart felt Christmas.___

Other misc. information:__I love to do embroidery and cross stitch, and prefer piecing over applique for my quilts. I also do basic crocheting (nothing super elaborate). I like pretty much all fabrics except solids. Tone on tone and prints that read solid work best with my visual tastes. One day I want to make a single color quilt where the quilting is what creates the pattern. I think this is white work, but not sure. If anyone does know, please pass the information to me. I applied for my Social Security a couple weeks ago, and waiting for them to complete their review (2-4 weeks) to 1) determine that I am me, 2) determine how much they will be paying me. If other information would be more helpful, have someone get a message to me and I will do my best to get you better information. That said, this coming year I am hoping to get my swap quilt tops together so they can be sandwiched and quilted. Also, as Katy said, the theme for 2022 is declutter.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:32 am

Name: Sherry

My favorite colors are Civil War colors like beige, red, blue, and grey

You will never see: orange, bright green, or turguoise.

One project I have in mind is a Civil War wall hanging with a map in the center and several Civil War picture blocks around it.

I need the pattern for this but have never seen one so will make it up as I go along.

I don't need any rulers or templates because have a full box of all sizes.

Another option is making quilting ornaments for my tree. I have made many and only put homemade ornaments on the trees. I am also into doing cross stitch very much.

My house is decorated with many Nativity Scenes. I have collected them for many years and they are all over the house. I leave them up all year so I can enjoy them. They are all sizes shapes and types. I love to celebrate Christmas and Christ's birth even though I am the only one in the house now except for Smoke and Sweetie. In the next year I hope to finish up my UFOs before starting some new quilting projects. I actually do more cross stitching than quilting and have many projects there to do. My main one is a very large 20 x 24 inch project of a southern plantation during the Civil War.

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi, I am Kathy (Tina's DSIL),
I have been reading through all the post and it sounds like we are all thinking the same things, no one what alot of money spent but use your stash.
My favorite colors are shades of blue and greens, but it depends on the project.
One of the projects I have in mind for next year was also table runners for my dining room, when my children were little we decorated for most holidays, but now just a little like table runners is enough.
I am looking around for patterns. I don't really have anything in mind for next year. I do a few quilts for project Linus, so scraps are good.

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:10 pm

Name: Deb

My favorite colors are: Pinks, pastels, Amish colors
Around my house you will see: Moose, Green Bay Packers, Buffalo Bills

You'll never see: reds

One Project In Mind I have is: I need to make queen size quilts for my 8 year old grandson - he loves Packers, Bills and dinosaurs and 18 month old granddaughter.

I need the pattern for it yes definitely!
It's in these colors: Any - Packers are green and gold. Bills are blue and red

I'd need a fair amount of ambition! The interfacing for a t shirt quilt

I could use this ruler/template: I could use a 16 inch square ruler

To give your Santa another option:
I am pretty easy to please. Please please do not spend $$. I love anything from your stash! I love jelly rolls, FQs and scraps. I also love Christmas!

Other Misc info: I am a true empty nester this year and holiday will be different. I will be leaving December 15 for Greenville, Mississippi where my daughter, son in law and grandhearts moved in mid June.

Deb

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:55 am

Teresa Kittredge (Birthday: 5-26-56; Married 2-14-91)

ALLEGIES: PLEASE NO Perfume’s, Powder’s, Candle’s. Anything with scents.

Favorite snacks? Costco's Biscotti with Chocolate. My husband LOVES Milk Chocolate Cherries or 3 Musketeers

Favorite colors? Brilliant colors (Forest Greens, Reds, Browns, Tans, Yellow, Burnt Oranges Fall colors and Winter Blues Snowman and White on Whites

Least favorite? Please NO Batiks, Modern, Geometric, Metallic & Glitter

Items I like to sew? Quilt blocks to go in Baby & Lap quilts and Quilt blocks

Favorite cut of fabric? FQ's and any thing from your stash. 2.5+"strips you cut or found on sale that can be used in a Scrappy Log Cabin Quilt. I am also looking for Plaid fab' like in shirts but in Quilt Fab.

Favorite fabric designer/line? Moda Marbles, Nancy Halverson, Lori Holt (I have one of her books but not the fabric that goes with it) Paula Vaughan Cross Stitch patterns.

Types of fabric? Sewing Novelty, 1930’s small prints. Moda blenders. Definitely Brilliant Fall colors and always Christmas especially blues

Other hobbies I enjoy. I am finally getting back into reading little by little and I have a Kindle Fire. I love Knitting and Sewing related stories. I also Crochet Baby Afghans and Knit/Crochet 10”- 12” Different. Easy to make in the car and then whip stitch together at home. I am finishing a Carpenter Star Afghan. I also try to find one Jim Shore Ornament that is on sale.

My WISH LIST and PROJECT if my SS would love to make it:
* I would LOVE for my SS to make me a Traveling Case for my Sunbeam Iron when it is HOT. I am hoping she will have Quilting Novelty Fabric to use.
* Long Sharp Straight Pins with the TINY WHITE Balls on the end.
* Air and Water PURPLE Marking Pen (Clover, extra fine),
* Seam rippers. Please not the tiny ones. My hand can’t hold on to them.

I would love my Santa shop from her Santa stash. I am looking for any information on where I can find a DEEP Silverware Style Bin (wood or plastic) that will hold ALL my Log Cabin Strips Or if you have any input on what others are using.

What is my "style"? Traditional Colors in my house: Blue/Tan Kitchen; Browns with a Gray Recliner in the living room. Yellow (in desperate need of painting) in the bedroom. Soft Peach guest room with a Gray Wedding Ring quilt. Dining room is off the side of the living room (Small house). Bathroom is blue and green. Other bathroom is being change to Star Wars colors with a gray floor.

Married for 30 yrs. I am a Yours, Mine but no ours Mom of 5 (42, 41, 41, 39, 38) with 3 grandchildren (12, 8, 4) that we talk to on the phone or zoom with as they live to far away to visit.
I Love to stitch old and new blocks together and quilted them for me and many since 2005. I made my first quilt for my son/wife for their wedding. Jumped in to the deep end making the Wedding Ring Quilt the traditional way in 2005. Back then I used the Living room floor to lay it out. When I wasn’t working on it I would lay a sheet over it.
I have a sewing room (a Janome 6600 workhorse of 15 yrs) and a Longarm - APQS Freedom machine. I love getting together with a group of lovely ladies to sew. It is much more FUN sewing with others. I love finding kits from Paula Vaughn, my favorite Cross Stitch designer. I have also been getting into crocheting Corner to Corner. Almost finished a Carpenter Star for Justin/Carrie
Last edited by TeresaK on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:28 am

Hello I'm Kathy/Kathysquilts......

MY favorites: red/yellow blue/white plaid civil war 30s

Never see: black batiks tone on tone

My home is: furniture is cream/navy/green/cranberry all walls white. My living/dining/kitchen is all one large room.

Project I have in mind: placemats rectangle cream/navy/green/cranberry no pattern needed

Needles & heat & bond & rulers & templates......NO

Other potions for Santa......I like to be surprised!

Plans for next year.......because I was sick this year I didn't finish my UFOs soooooo it's UFOs again next year.

I also like the idea of my Santa "Home Shopping"! In looking through the sewing room I'm sure I'll find things I've forgotten.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”