Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

The OFFICIAL 2021 Secret Santa

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

The OFFICIAL 2021 Secret Santa

Post by maryq » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:35 am

Good Morning Girls

And Merry Christmas! here it is the OFFICIAL Secret Santa Topic for 2021

Do you believe this is the 15th year we have shared the joy and fun of exchanging gifts. It is has been so fun for me to host this exchange.

I thought long and hard about a theme for this year... came up with a few, couldn't decide, even had a sleepless night or two. But while sitting quietly last night, it came to me. So here we go!

This Year's Theme is " P I M " Project in Mind! I'm sure many of you have a list a mile long of Projects you are Going to do SOMEDAY! I know I have Several. Whether it's a Queen size quilt for a special relative, a set of placemats for your own kitchen table, (with a matching apron), Christmas ornaments for your tree. Let this be the year Santa helps those projects come to fruition.

NOW.... here's the fine details.

I will be making a post for all new HINTS for 2021. It will be super important that you answer the questions in a timely manner and be a specific as you can. For Example... I would like to make a quilt with Hawaiian fabric... I have pattern, but not the fabric. OR you could really need a new table topper for a non-christmas season. Do you get the idea? check out the HINTS post for more details. You can either a) make the desired item (such as an apron or placemats). Provide that pattern--or A pattern and the materials needed (some or all depending on the P I M). And In the spirit of "Use, Reuse, Recycle" I'm all for sharing from our stashes. I'll explain more on that in the hints topic.

Since It's getting kind of late.. I'll need sign ups ASAP. So deadline for that will be

SEPTEMBER 12th!!!!!

I will have names drawn and out to you no later than the 16th

Mailing Deadline will be NOVEMBER 22nd.. Which give you a full two months. Remember, K I S S ---- Keep it Simple Silly!

Opening Day will be the Weekend of December 10-11-12

SO FAR, These gals have signed up:
Maryz
Tina
Lois,
Katy,
Judi
Chriss
Izzy
Sherry
Deb
Kathy (Tina's SIL)
Velda
Teresak
Vinae (Javin22)
Rosebud (Mary )
Valerie
Bev. (Museand sew)
Sharon (Womster)
Kathy (Kathyquilts)
and me too :D

I would SO love to see some of you that haven't joined in before.. come and have fun with us this year.

Some of you have my phone number and are free to text me with questions. If you would like my cell number, send me a PM and I'll get back to you. Once you see the HINTS topic I think things might be come a little clearer for you.

Also, It is with some sadness that I will tell you that I am retiring as Head Santa! Doing this every year for fifteen years has a been a wonderful experience, but I think it's time I hand the baton to some one else. If someone else wants the job next year, I'll help in anyway I can. I have files in my computer from at least back to 2009!

A New Head Santa has come forward! Thank you so much Tina!!!! And thanks to Katy for your offer as well!

And a huge THANK YOU to all who have participated over years.... I love you all!
Last edited by maryq on Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:26 am, edited 15 times in total.

gershwin64

Re: The OFFICIAL 2021 Secret Santa

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:12 am

Maryq, thanks for posting the SS swap, you're the bestest!!!!!!
I'll have to give some thought on my answers, I read the hints post, very cool!
You've been the most awesome Head Santa! Thanks for letting me follow in your footsteps starting next year ❤
I totally love love love SS!
Well I'll be putting my thinking cap on before I post my hints.
Thank you Maryq ❤❤ fun fun fun❤❤❤
Tina

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:06 pm

Awesome fun will check out hints page soon. 🙂
Take a gracious bow Mary snd welcome in Tina as your successor 🥰
🐐izzy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi Mary,

I was quite uncertain about joining when I read that your hint was for Hawaiian Fabrics for a special project. I don't have a stash and absolutely nothing that looks like Hawaiian. LOL I would have to go on a hunt to find a store like JoAnne's or Hobby Lobby that might carry a line of bright Hawaiian Fabrics.
Then I read your hints to my DH and asked him to think this through with me. Then the light bulb flashed and I realized that each of us is going to need to list an alternative PIM in our hints. I get it now!!

If a person can't fulfill one of the hints, then maybe they could do another project. This could be quite fun, indeed.

Giving our favorite colors and colors we really don't like, should help each of us stay within the boundaries.

Shall we limit ourselves someway, so we don't go over board. I would hope that we can all be generous and in a giving spirit without going over board. I like the idea of Keep It Simple Silly! KISS

I want to participate, so count me in!

MaryQ: Thank You for your years of dedication! Welcome, Tina to Future Leader!!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:21 pm

FABULOUS!!!! - Just a quicky for now. YES I am IN for sure!!!!!
Talk soon :) :) :)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:29 am

I think I've about got my hints figured out LOL these things take me time ❤🥰
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:49 pm

Izzy: great hints post! I agree with you. Spend less, recycle, regift, repurpose, all great ideas!
And I enjoy pre-used quilt magazines, and other books. Someone shared a quilt fiction book to read one year, I loved it and passed it on to another friend and she passed to another. Wonder where it is today??? 🤗
Making a special gift from fabric we already have is fun and makes it a true gift from the heart.
Spirit of Christmas!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:37 am

I posted my hints and am happy to see we are all on the same page of spend less and enjoy more.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:53 pm

Velda Judy I am so thinking it should be a stash buster this year. I have rulers snd patterns and lord know fabric I will never use. I have a totes full that need a new home lol 😂
🐐izzy

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:12 am

Mary- Thank you so much for hosting all these years. You are a fantastic Head Santa :D. I would like to join the secret Santa swap this year. Please add me to the list. Vinae

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”