Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

AUGUST Lotto - PUMPKINS with a Twist - CANCELLED for this Month

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

AUGUST Lotto - PUMPKINS with a Twist - CANCELLED for this Month

Post by TeresaK » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:53 am

After much thought and hoping more would join with no results I have decided to CANCELLED this month. With 2 SWAPS happening back to back I see many are very busy with this and life happenings.
I hope to see you next month. Until then ... HAPPY STITCHING!!!!
****************************************************************************************************************************
Welcome everyone. Thank you for checking out this months Lotto. Yes you see right and it is all Maryz's and Katy's IDEA!!!! You see Katy sent me QIAD's Pumpkin Grins and I LOVE IT! Then Maryz decided it was time to have a Halloween Swap. Now I know many do not care for the Halloween Swap BUT who can pass up stitching some FUN PUMPKINS and having the quilt(s) possible stitched together for this year's Fall season!! So I sure hope you will join us in stitching up LOTS of FUN different kinds of PUMPKINS!!!!
Sooooo here is my thinking -
Image[/img]Image
#1: Make at least (1) QIAD "Pumpkin Grins" block - -
the pumpkin starts with (5) 2.5" strips sewn together
cut into a 10.5"sq. Add 3" squares to these corners, sew diagonal to make your Pumpkin take its shape, then once again for HST's
Black Bkgd for outside edges and 3" Corners of the Center Sq. - - Can be a small print or a TOT for character.

Add 10.5"x 2.25" strips to all sides.

#2 Choose ANY Style Pumpkin Block - There are so many to choose from on Google
FALL Prints and TOT's
Tan/Creamish Fall background
10.5"sq center -
Add 2.25" TOT sashings with a Print Corner stone.

I hope I explained it well enough that you get my thinking. When you put these two together they will look WOWsers!!! LET YOUR CREATIVITY and INSTINCTS FLOW. THINK FALL and feel free to ask questions. FB me for a quicker answer

OH WAIT - The TWIST!!! SECRET SANTA is just around the corner so I am starting early. It sure would be FUN to gift these blocks to your ELF or do I have it backwards. If you want to do this PM me. I will not add your name to the list. I will keep it a secret :) :) :)

MAILING - - - - Please PM me if you DO NOT have my ADDRESS
* Attach your name label to the upper FRONT corner of EACH block pinned or stitched on the corner.
* Send ALL blocks in one baggie KEEPING the SET of 2 together, please
* Mail blocks with a TRACKING # as soon as possible.
* For every month please send $2-3 to help send the WINNING Blocks to the WINNERs - YEA!!!

WAYS TO EARN TICKETS - - - - -
* 1 ticket = Sign-up anytime to show your interest
* 1 ticket = for each QIAD block.
* 1 ticket = for each ANY Fall Pumpkin block.
* 1 ticket = for each set of 4 HSTs (for a winner to make into a Table Topper)
* 1 ticket = if your NAME is on the FRONT top corner of the block or the set of blocks
* 1 ticket = if you have added money to your bag. (Please remember to do this as Kitty is very LOW)

TeresaK - Teresa ... 2 so far
MePeace2 - Katy ...
Last edited by TeresaK on Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:24 am, edited 7 times in total.

gershwin64

Re: AUGUST Lotto - PUMPKINS with a Twist

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:08 am

Hmmmmmm I'm a little confused Teresa..... you say pumpkins for Fall but you're showing Jack o lanterns. You also said for those that don't like the Halloween swap. Are these supposed to be Jack O Lanterns or just Fall Pumpkins?
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:55 am

Great question, Tina, I was thinking the same. I am not a Halloween fan, fall pumpkins, and fall leaves, now that, I might join.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:19 pm

Whoops sorry.
OK it is changed so I sure hope many will join us this month. VERY EASY and FAST Blocks for sure.

Thanks Velda and Tina for the heads-up. Hope this helps. Please let me know.

mepeace2

Re: AUGUST Lotto - PUMPKINS with a Twist - Updated

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:23 am

Good morning Yes Teresa It looks like I will be able to do at least 2 pumpkins. My mystery quilt should be put together in next 2 days. So it looks like I will have time to do some pumpkins But I will be doing Els.
Katy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:56 am

Teresa, I am not commiting myself this month, since we are moving. I appreciate that you phoned me to explain the plan for this month.
I promised myself, no more sewing 🪡🧵 until I get my sewing area set up in new condo.
So probably not going to happen. Sorry.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:16 pm

Hi Velda - Silly me, I forgot you were moving. No worries at all about joining us. Moving takes a lot of energy and if the weather is to hot it really packs a punch. Will see you when you are able always with delight.

Hi Katy - WONDERFUL. I really like El's Funny faces on her pumpkins. Will be FUN to make them together.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”