Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

HALLOWEEN SWAP! CLOSED!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
kenderosa

Re: HALLOWEEN SWAP! Sign-ups open until Aug 15th

Post by kenderosa » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:54 am

Just checking in.... I've made 14 blocks thus far........

Sue

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:05 am

purrfect-lady wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:03 pm
Hi, Everyone!

Halloween is just around the corner - in quilting speak, anyway. Can you believe it's been 7 years since our last Halloween swap? Tina checked! I was thinking it had only been 3. Time flies! Anyway, we ARE having a swap and I'm opening up sign-ups now through Aug 15th. I know it's coming hard on the heels of the Christmas swap, but time is flying by. I'm giving extra time to sign up because I know many of you want to see how the Christmas swap goes. Blocks will be 12-1/2", quilter's choice, traditional Halloweeny colors of black, purple, orange, lime green, golds, yellows, etc. They can be pieced or applique. No machine embroidery. Sign-ups will close Aug. 15th and blocks will need to be to me by October 7th. I will try to do as quick a turnaround as I can and get them back to you ASAP. I have return envelopes.

The usual swap rules apply and by now you all know them :

*PLEASE remember, once you sign up, you are committed.
*PLEASE make sure your blocks are at least 12-1/2" square. No one wants undersized blocks.
*PLEASE do not square them up. They can ravel some during transit.
*PLEASE include $8.55 for return postage. Cash or checks are OK.
*PLEASE put your name somewhere on each block. I don't care where.
*PLEASE keep in touch, weekly. Through this thread is best, but texts and e-mails are also OK. PM me if you need my info. Don't make me hunt you down. It makes me cranky.

When you decide on your block, let me know. Remember, this is HALLOWEEN, not simply fall, so your chosen block should reflect the Halloween spirit. We would like a picture of your block when you have a sample ready to share. If you can't post photos, I can do it for you, if you text me your photo.

Now let's get our spooky side on!

1. Mary Z - Raven
2. Mary Z - Owl
3. Tina - cauldron
4. Mary Q - ghoulish jack-o-lantern
5. Teresa - Candy Corn
6. Sharona - jar of eyeballs
7. Vinae - log cabin
8. Kathy (Tina's DS) - jack-o-lantern
9. Sue - ghost
10. Mary Q - Frankenstein's monster
11. Beverly - Witch's Hat
12. Jacquie - Black cat between witch's feet
13. Lori - jar of Halloweeny things
14. Merry-go - Pieced block

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:19 pm

Marygo glad you’re joining in! I have seven blocks all done. I had to get more background fabric so will cut out the rest! Half way done!

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:54 pm

Thank you! I think this will be a fun one. I'm impressed that you have so many finished. That must feel good!

I went shopping for fabric today. I got some good purples, oranges, green, black & white. Missouri Star did a tutorial for a WONKY churn dash. It looked like halloween to me. I was thinking that a spider web would be fun too. I'm not sure I have a ruler for that one. I'm getting two quilt backs ready for the quilter tomorrow. One of them is the 2.5inch squares that we exchanged some time ago. I'll post a photo once it is quilted. After that drop off I will make a quick sample of the wonky churn dash & see if I like it. It looks good in my head (but ya never know for sure until you try it)!!

MaryGo

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:13 am

MaryGo, I have it pictured in my head too and it looks great! 🎃 pretty cool!
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:47 am

Marygo, I think either your wonky churn Dash or the spiderweb would be terrific! Or you could do two sets if you like! hint, hint! 😁

We are still camping though we are going home this morning. Stopped in at Joanns yesterday in The Dalles, ORegon To pick up a bit more fabric for my Halloween blocks. I ran out of background. Sign ups are open until August 15. Then I will finish up my blocks.

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:23 am

Hi ladies, great to hear about all your Halloween block reports! 🧙‍♀️ 🕷🕸🦇🐈⬛
All my Halloween fabric arrived a week ago and I’ve been busy cutting out and turning under edges… I’m still to cut out my cats 🐈⬛
Once that’s done I will be able to assemble a block and share a picture with you all!!!
Loving the blocks ‘sew’ far!!
😍😍😍
Have a great day everyone!!
Jacquie xxx

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:19 am

JACQUIE - thanks for checking in! You are making good progress.

How is everyone else doing? We have 3 more days of sign-ups and then we'll know our count for certain. If anyone wishes to do a second set, or even a third (Mary Q?? :D ), let me know. We have 6 open slots left.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:05 am

Ok, I am going to jump in and join. Halloween is not my favorite holiday but my granddaughter loves it so I will make it for her.

Will figure out fabric needs while I wait for my car to be serviced.

I will make a headstone. I found what looks to be a simple pattern. ;)
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:17 am

Here's my block, just iron down not sewed yet, Kathy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”