Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

HALLOWEEN SWAP! CLOSED!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: HALLOWEEN SWAP! Sign-ups open until Aug 15th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:15 pm

So what would a swap be without at least one goof? At least on my part! So mea culpa, please! At the very beginning, Sharona told me she wanted to do jars of eyeballs. But if you've read many of my posts in sew-in, you'll know it's been bedlam here at my house for the past 3 weeks and I forgot to write that down when I got back to my computer. It simply left my mind. Later Lori said she wanted to do jars of Halloweeny things. I thought, 'great!', forgetting Sharona had already wanted to do jars. So now we are going to have lots of jars for our Halloween shelves! The more the spookier, I say! But apologies to both Lori and Sharona. My bad. :( But I'm sure all the jars are going to add a lot to our quilts!!

mary z, your red-faced hostess :oops:

womster

Post by womster » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:18 pm

Mary - you are being too kind. The fault lies squarely with me. I will chose another block. The eyeballs were kind of grossing me out anyway. And darn - another reason to go shopping for fabric!! I would love to say more but we are almost to Kansas City and I have to help DH navigate. xoxo

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:33 pm

Sharon's, do the jars. Yours will be different from mine.
Lori 8-)

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:33 am

Sharona I’d Love love love you to do jars of eyeballs 👀!!! I can’t think of anything so wonderfully gross!!! Brilliant!!!
Please please do them!!!!
🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:27 pm

Lori, those jars are great, everyone is so creative, as soon as Tina so me how to post my picture, I will send it.
Kathy

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:53 pm

Please count me in for the Halloween swap. It sounds like fun. Is white allowed? Just asking because I'll have to look for a block pattern to make. Please remind me how many blocks we make.

Thank you,
MaryGo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:15 pm

Merry, Great to see you! I will add you to the list. That brings our number up to 14. You need to make a BLOCK for every person participating and we still have until August 15 ( 8 days) for folks to sign up. So keep your eye here for final count.

Blocks are 12 1/2 inches, Quilter‘s choice. If your Halloween block requires white then by all means use it. I think we said traditional Halloween colors which gives you a lot of leeway. Check the opening thread for more details.

Please let me know what you decide as as soon as you know what you want to do. And a reminder to everyone - please check in at least once a week with a progress report. Checking in means not just reading what’s going with the swap, but you are also requested to post your own progress

Thanks!!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:09 pm

I'm checking in, I'm not sure if I've checked in. Any who, I'm still finding 2 fabrics that will work. I may end up with using plain black LOL
Tina

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:49 pm

I went down the rabbit hole looking at patterns. I've decided on a wonky churn dash. I will try to find something to fussy cut in the center. I will let you know once I've selected the fabric. Thanks for answering my questions.

MaryGo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:21 am

MaryGo - your block sounds great! Have fun with it!

Guess I need to check in with my progress report, too! :lol: I have 12 of each of my blocks finished. I'm waiting for the final count before I make the rest of them. We have one more week to go.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”