Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

HALLOWEEN SWAP! CLOSED!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: HALLOWEEN SWAP! Blocks are all mailed out!

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:13 am

MARY G0 - so sorry to hear you've been ill. Glad you are out of the hospital and I hope you are on the mend.

JACQUIE - your extra blocks are your usual awesome!!

Everyone, this has been a treat to host this swap! Not only was it just plain fun sewing, but you are were terrific swappers! Thank you! I think they all have been delivered, though we're waiting on Carolyn to get back from camping to confirm that the package waiting for her is, indeed, her blocks.

I went a different route from Jacquie and subtracted one block for a 4x4 setting. That extra block will be purrfect for framing the label on the back. I have one quilt finished. DH quilted it in a fun Halloween pattern with cats, ghosties, witches. He has the second one half quilted - I think he'll finish it today or tomorrow for sure. Then we'll go deliver them to our grandsons. I will post a photo soon.

Now, if any of you have an idea for a swap you'd like to see happen in the future - holidays, themes, color combos, certain blocks, sports, vacations, animals, etc, let any of the swap hostesses know. I'm sure one of us can make it happen.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:37 pm

We have our Halloween quilt together! We scurried and hurried to get them finished to get them to our grandsons as quickly as possible. When we called them to get together they were just boarding a plane to fly to Virginia to visit their parents for a week. So guess we will cooler heels until next Sunday

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:39 pm

This is our second quilt. One grandson loves orange. So it was easy to make them The same but different. I used the 17th block to frame the labels on the back. You can see the backing fabric I used in one of the photos.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Mary, those are so cute.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:24 pm

Those are adorable
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:54 am

Just had pop over here for a peek. Wow! These are awesome! Would love to see how you used the extra block to frame your label.
Live to see different ideas.
So fun!
Thank you for sharing!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

cupcake

Post by cupcake » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:44 am

Hello. I have received Halloween blocks…They are sew. Wonderful. Thank you to all
I see someone has made theirs already well thank you for the layout idea, I plan to do the same.

I was away traveling in our RV.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:13 am

The Halloween Swap is closed! All blocks have been received. Even Jacquie's in Scotland! Let the sewing commence!

Thank you all so much for joining and for submitting such wonderful blocks! I can't wait to see everyone' quilts!

Mary

VELDA - I didn't take a picture of my labels, but I machine stitched them with black thread on orange fabric. I appliqued them onto the center of the snowball block and then appliqued the block onto the back of the quilt. Nothing fancy. My machine doesn't do embroidery but it does do a couple simple alphabets.

shelly322002

Re: HALLOWEEN SWAP! CLOSED!

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:52 am

So i've been busy the last couple of days putting together one of my halloween quilt tops... I'm making my daughter Heather's quilt first so her family can enjoy it in time for Halloween then I'll start my quilt next.

Heather's top is now together. I'll look at putting the layers together tomorrow.

I hope you aprove!! xxx

zfatcat

Re: HALLOWEEN SWAP! CLOSED!

Post by zfatcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Jacque, it's spooktackular!
Lori 8-)

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”