Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

HALLOWEEN SWAP! CLOSED!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: HALLOWEEN SWAP! Blocks due at my house by OCTOBER 7TH

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:47 pm

Thanks everyone for checking in! It’s getting exciting now as blocks are really pouring in. We have about four weeks of sewing time left. Remember, however you mail, you must have a tracking number and the blocks need to be to me no later than
October 7. And we do have 17 swappers so just as a precaution, you may want to do a final count before you mail.

A sort of funny here-I asked Bill, who does all of our on-line ordering, to double check where our forever envelopes were. He looked a little sheepish when he noticed he put in the order but forgot to hit “send“. So now they are ordered and Will be here in plenty of time. See, I have to always keep my eye on my tech-support! Lol!

Happy sewing!!

MaryGoRound

Post by MaryGoRound » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:17 pm

That is too funny. I'm glad that you caught it.

MaryGo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:17 pm

Making slow but steady progress. One more seam on each block and blocks will be together. The first of the applique is press on the fabric.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:15 pm

I just now finished cutting out all my fused fabric pieces! 🎉🎃
If my hands, fingers and arms work tomorrow 🤪🤣😂 I'll get them ironed down onto their backings. I'll post a pic as soon as I get the first one ironed down, it won't be stitched down yet though.
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:19 am

Everyone is doing great! I'm impressed!

Tina I hope your fingers and hands recover! I usually save my cutting out for evening TV work. Keeps me from falling asleep in front of the TV. :lol:

Val - you go, girl!

Rah rah rah, cis boom bah!! I'll be your cheerleader!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:42 am

Here's my cauldron block! It's just ironed down not sewn down yet. I'll get them all ironed down and then start the sewing.
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:17 am

Blocks are all together but ....I followed the directions on the packaging for my fusible and wouldn't you know, that resulted in by block getting burned. 15 seconds is just too long. Will have to see if I can find a scrap big enough to make another headstone. UGH! This is why I don't follow directions!

Cute block Tina
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:42 pm

Valerie, I only do about 3 to 5 seconds max, no steam, and only on heat setting 3....I think my iron has either 6 or 8 heat settings.
Thanks.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:01 pm

"You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

Tina: what did you attach? Was it a picture?This kind of warning message is new to me. It was highlighted in pink. LOL I thought maybe it was for swap members only.
I am just watching and cheerleading. I enjoy seeing everyone's blocks and reading about your progress.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:52 pm

You can't see the pic Velda? I've never gotten that message, how strange. Maybe Mary knows what happened. I think the forum has hiccups some times.
Tina

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”