Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

July Lotto - Strips and circles

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

July Lotto - Strips and circles

Post by TeresaK » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:48 pm

What a FUN FESTIVE month we had playing with CHRISTMAS Colors. Definitely a FUN, FAST Block to enjoy as we play. THANK YOU ALL for joining in on the enJOYment of stitching up some beauties.

CONGRATULATIONS go to LYN!!! Will be an enJOYable quilt to stitch together, share or even keep :) :)
Pictures of your playtime or when you are finished with it. We all LOVE to see the end results :) :) :)
*********************************************************************************************

My sincere apologies for starting this so late. With Rob’s accident and follow up appts it has been hard to get into the sewing room.

This month is SUPER EASY because I know many are involved in the Christmas Swap and the Weekly Sew In with Mary and Katy.
Please left click on the picture to make it bigger. I do need to redo the bottom wanna be circleImageFABRIC: Any and all CHRISTMAS ** SIZE: 6.5” Squares **
BLOCK #1: STRIPS - Sew 3 - 2.5” strips to make a 6.5” square. Dark/Light/Dark or ALL Medium Tones. PLEASE MEASURE for correct size

BLOCK #2 CIRCLE in a SQUARE (Make sets of Block 1 & 2)
1: CUT a 6.5” WoW or White with tiny prints
2: CUT a 5” sq. - Round the corners to make a 5" circle. Use fusible to attach the Circle to the Sq. Use a Blanket stitch to secure. (If you have a small color wheel this is perfect to use to make the circle)
3: DO NOT stitch the BLOCKS TOGETHER, PLEASE

MAILING - - - - Please PM me if you DO NOT have my ADDRESS
* Attach your name label to the upper FRONT corner of EACH block pinned or stitched on the corner.
* Send ALL blocks in one baggie KEEPING the SET of 2 together, please
* Mail blocks with a TRACKING # as soon as possible.
* For every month please send $2-3 to help send the WINNING Blocks to the WINNERs - YEA!!!

WAYS TO EARN TICKETS - - - - -
* 1 ticket = Sign-up anytime to show your interest
* 1 ticket = for each set of 2 blocks. The Strips and the Circle
* 1 ticket = if your NAME is on the FRONT top corner of the block or the set of blocks
* 1 ticket = if you have added money to your bag. (Please remember to do this as Kitty is very LOW)

TeresaK - Teresa ... 5 sets
Quiltgram - Velda … 12 sets
Maryz - Mary … 3 sets
WeeOne - Lyn … 6 sets

TOTAL - 26 Sets!!!!!! WOW!!!!!
Even better than the 18 I had before.
Thanks Velda 👍🤗👍

That’s it!!!! Hope you have a MERRY TIME stitching these together!!!!
Last edited by TeresaK on Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

QuiltGram8

Re: July Lotto - Strips and circles

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:53 pm

Going to dig thru fabric tomorrow. Any rules about variety of fabrics?
HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:12 pm

I have some done. Won't reveal yet, as I have some stitching to do tomorrow.
This one is easy! Hope lots will join you this month!!
This worked out great for me. For some reason I had a bunch of assorted 2 1/2" strips. Mixing up green prints and red prints for stripes.
My WOW fabric has a pattern, but it only shows if you tilt it under a light. Also some one from our church group gave me a Christmas charm pack. This was perfect to grab a variety for my circles.
Fun month, Teresa! 😊💝
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:30 am

I am going to test out this block today. This pattern is featured on the cover of the latest issue of BLOCK magazine, if you have it.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:33 am

Here's two sets. Is this how you are counting?
Or is 4 squares what makes up a set.

It's so easy. More to follow. 😊💕

If you count stripes and circle as 1 set... Then I have 12 sets on their way to you, Teresa!!
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:21 am

I have four 6 1/2 inch strip blocks and four circle blocks ready to be mailed. I searched all my quilting books for a 5 inch circle template to no avail. Then I went into the kitchen and measured all my bowls and dishes. I finally found my canning funnel was A purrfect 5”!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:36 am

I used my old "compass and a pencil" from my school days and drew a circle on printer paper. Cut it out and used that as a pattern to draw on my 5" square. Then used fusible web as Eleanor does and stitch right side of fabric to fusible side of the webbing. Made a slit in the web, turned inside out. Pressed with my QIAD wooden iron. Press with hot iron onto my white on white square. Nice and neat to applique.
Hope that tip will give someone a helping hand.

💕💕
HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:39 am

Mary z, I love your fussy cut circles. Very, very cute!!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:26 pm

Mary. Received your blocks today!!! You really captured the spirit of the quilt by fussy cutting the circles. When I went through my fabrics after sewing the sample I saw that fussy cutting would be FUN also. You read my mind!!! They look like a snow globe. Adorable!!!!

Velda. Haven’t received yours yet. Am patiently waiting for them. BOUNG. BOING. BOING!!!!!!! Absolutely love the fabrics you used. They will go great in the quilt!!!!

The Fun in this month is arranging the blocks that is why I had you not sew them together.

Your right Mary. This one is from MSQC. Oh am I bad but I figured we would use Eleanor’s stripping method etc, and HAVE FUN 🤩!!!

Eager to see lots more blocks from lots more pals. Especially those not joining the Christmas Swap.

These are so Easy and Fast to make.
How long did it take you Mary and Velda???

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:15 pm

I decided I need to do this. Have some sets almost done. They are easy and fun. Thanks Velda for encouraging me to play.

Teresa, please PM me your address.
Lyn

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”